AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Apr 3, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #4,187 of 4,614
i never use the mseb or equalizer

the headphones i use have the exact sound signature i like so i dont want to change it

also the songs are mastered to sound a certain way by the artist and professionals so i dont much need to change that either

be nice if they made a dap that could give frequency spectrum, and waveform dynamic range, of tracks, on the screen. ive never seen that yet
I think Zishan DSD got spectrograph if that's what you are looking for.

Apr 3, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #4,188 of 4,614
I think Zishan DSD got spectrograph if that's what you are looking for.

ya u can see it here, but it seems like more of a visual thing only because if the spectro is missing the measurements then its not as good

the OS and display on that seems a bit clunky and dated through

more players should have spectro, and they should also show the waveform like audacity or give a dynamic range count like foobar2000

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #4,189 of 4,614
ap80 needs a default page setting option

where u can set any page to the default then soon as u power on it goes to that page automatically as the default page to display after powering on

mine would be the micro sd card folders view

i have to click like 4 things to get to that every power on.

----------

and this is cool u can set this device to music player only

image.png

Apr 4, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #4,191 of 4,614
nice feature on the fiio m15

you can set one of the buttons to instantly delete the current playing song

very very handy if you just copied a bunch of new music on it and want to get rid of all the tracks you dont like while your out listening

image.png

Apr 5, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #4,192 of 4,614
Hi guys! I'm new here. Just get my Hidizs AP80.
One problem though, my AP80 cannot connect to my Sony WF-1000XM3. Whenever I press the searching, my sony didn't appear.
I already update and using the latest firmware V2.3.
Please guide me.

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:34 PM Post #4,193 of 4,614
Hi guys! I'm new here. Just get my Hidizs AP80.
One problem though, my AP80 cannot connect to my Sony WF-1000XM3. Whenever I press the searching, my sony didn't appear.
I already update and using the latest firmware V2.3.
Please guide me.

make sure the headphones are set to connect mode too, at the same time

often there is a button you hold down and then a light starts flashing maybe and its in connecting mode

then when it connects the light goes solid or something

both devices have to be in this mode to connect

Apr 5, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #4,194 of 4,614
make sure the headphones are set to connect mode too, at the same time

often there is a button you hold down and then a light starts flashing maybe and its in connecting mode

then when it connects the light goes solid or something

both devices have to be in this mode to connect
Thanks bro ! Forgot must be in connect mode.

Apr 5, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #4,195 of 4,614
Thanks bro ! Forgot must be in connect mode.

i used to have ap80 now i have ap80 pro

actually i think i like ap80 better. the pro gets slightly less battery life and also the OS seems to have a slightly longer delay

so i recommend the ap80 to everyone unless they specifically need the pro

Apr 6, 2021 at 4:06 AM Post #4,196 of 4,614

actually i think i like ap80 better. the pro gets slightly less battery life and also the OS seems to have a slightly longer delay

I 'need' balanced for my IT01s ... it just sounds better to me overall than SE.

Apr 6, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #4,197 of 4,614

Been with the AP80 solely since KickStarter and still use it most every day via Bluetooth to the Status Audio BT One. Original firmware and rock-solid operation. The only reason I am considering the Pro now is my new HiFiMan Deva with balanced cable. Got some money burning a hole in my pocket! Hmmm....

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #4,199 of 4,614
this touchable volume graphic control is useless

why would someone touch the volume wheel to trigger the graphic and then move their finger over to the graphic to change volume

once you are already have your finger on the wheel you would just continue to use that

image.png

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #4,200 of 4,614
does balanced put out more amp, more ohms, then regular port?

also does balanced use more battery up?
My interest is sound quality ... balanced sounds more incisive and detailed to me (at least on the IT01s) than SE. Yes, more power available, so, more headroom to the sound. That should cope better with higher impedance headphones. Hidizs suggest headphones in the range 8-200 ohms .. the IT01s I use are 16 ohm IEMs but I have also used Sennheiser/Drop HD58X Jubilee (150 ohms). They're just 'OK' on SE, but not my preference. And, yes about an hour less battery overall ... but what price quality !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back