AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Apr 1, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #4,171 of 4,614
if the screen freezes you just flick it off on

if the OS freezes you hold power button down until it reboots

right now im using ap80 pro. it does crash but very rare. maybe once per day

i cant remember how much my ap80 regular crashed. i think about the same.

i think they both crashed and freezed about the same.

screen freezes up 2 or 3 times per day, OS maybe once per day, and crash maybe once per day. a tolerable amount.

most of the time because im hitting buttons too fast

im on latest firmware. you could always install a different firmware.

i had a 256GB red patriot card once and it would not copy files over the usb cable. it would cut out.

all the other sd cards i used worked for copying over the usb cable

ap80 pro seems to get a bit less battery life then ap80, but havnt done thorough tests to prove that yet

if you need help finding more music PM me. i know alot of good bands across alot of different genres

also you might have some bad files that are causing the issue.

i had to transcode some flac to lastest version flac to fix some metadata issues
thanks for the response. whats the current fw at the moment?

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #4,172 of 4,614
thanks for the response. whats the current fw at the moment?

i have ap80 pro with latest firmware, i get the odd crash if spam buttons to quickly.

also i get a occasional glitch with the newest firmwrae where one second after a song starts it glitches for a second then keeps playing

its only occasionally. so far im gonna keep the new firmware installed

you can see some more tips i put here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ap8...es-music-player.878141/page-221#post-15250661

https://www.hidizs.net/pages/download-center

image.png

Apr 2, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #4,173 of 4,614
I'm a very recent purchaser of AP80 Pro (Blue) ... I wanted something that was small and light ... and good sound, of course. This unit fits the bill for me. The build quality is great ... the UI is fine at this price point ... I particularly like the MSEB adjustments ... it works very well apart from the occasional difficulty in getting the sliders to move. I mainly use it with the iBasso IT01s IEM on balanced. I appreciate the good quality sound with these IEMs. My other DAP is the XDuoo X20 which I have had for a couple of years now ... no touch screen but the sound is also really rather good, and powerful. It is a bit bulky and heavy in the pocket and the buttons were a little hit-n-miss ... the AP80 Pro is a welcome relief.

Thanks to everyone that posted a review, particularly @cleg and George Debrescu (sorry if I spelt that wrong !) for their excellent videos in helping with my choice.

Apr 2, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #4,174 of 4,614
I'm a very recent purchaser of AP80 Pro (Blue) ... I wanted something that was small and light ... and good sound, of course. This unit fits the bill for me. The build quality is great ... the UI is fine at this price point ... I particularly like the MSEB adjustments ... it works very well apart from the occasional difficulty in getting the sliders to move. I mainly use it with the iBasso IT01s IEM on balanced. I appreciate the good quality sound with these IEMs. My other DAP is the XDuoo X20 which I have had for a couple of years now ... no touch screen but the sound is also really rather good, and powerful. It is a bit bulky and heavy in the pocket and the buttons were a little hit-n-miss ... the AP80 Pro is a welcome relief.

Thanks to everyone that posted a review, particularly @cleg and George Debrescu (sorry if I spelt that wrong !) for their excellent videos in helping with my choice.
I had the IT01s with something in the past and really liked it. What is it like with the ap80 pro?

Apr 2, 2021 at 10:37 AM Post #4,175 of 4,614
My other DAP is the XDuoo X20

weird amazon claims that battery is 3x larger then the ap80 yet claims it only lasts 1/3 as long lol

ap80 = 800mah - 15 hours playback

xduoo x20 = 2400mah - 8 hours playback

something is wrong with these claims on amazon. ca

ap80 claims 70+70 for output power, and xduoo claims 210mw, so maybe that is why

i dont know if ap80 gain increaes that output poewr or just increass the volume

---

the back of the xduoo x20 box also claims the frequency response is only 20-20 which is pretty bad for a high res dap

ap 80 claims 20-40 i thnik

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #4,176 of 4,614
I had the IT01s with something in the past and really liked it. What is it like with the ap80 pro?
The IT01s are a good quality dynamic IEM and are a good all-rounder. The stock sound from the AP80 Pro was missing a little body but a couple of small tweaks on MSEB solved that with the IT01s. Now I get good impact bass ... sub-bass a little undefined but perhaps unsurprising at this price point. More than adequate highs. Mids are the best point. All IMO with my ears.

EDIT ... I also found the sound stage surprisingly good, incl depth. Perhaps an attribute helped by the IT01s ... not sure. I note some people mentioned that depth wasn't that brilliant.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #4,177 of 4,614
weird amazon claims that battery is 3x larger then the ap80 yet claims it only lasts 1/3 as long lol

ap80 = 800mah - 15 hours playback

xduoo x20 = 2400mah - 8 hours playback

something is wrong with these claims on amazon. ca

ap80 claims 70+70 for output power, and xduoo claims 210mw, so maybe that is why

i dont know if ap80 gain increaes that output poewr or just increass the volume

---

the back of the xduoo x20 box also claims the frequency response is only 20-20 which is pretty bad for a high res dap

ap 80 claims 20-40 i thnik
Sadly I'm not getting anywhere close to 15 hours on balanced on AP80 Pro. It's nearer to the X20 autonomy. All on Lo-Gain. Yes, the extra power headroom on the X20 does make a big difference and I still use that DAP at home in the garden .... I agree that the X20 is rather low for battery hours compared to its competition at the time. For me, the HiDizs is just more portable and easier to use ... a true portable for on the move.

Apr 2, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #4,178 of 4,614
Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #4,179 of 4,614
Sadly I'm not getting anywhere close to 15 hours on balanced on AP80 Pro.

i got 12 hours on ap80 on low gain

and i think i get around 10 or 11 hours on ap80 pro low gain

i think my over ear headphones are 24 ohms only

i run the volume on my ap80 pro low gain around 55, but thats with replaygain tags set,

i forget but i think i ran the volume on my ap80 higher. around 65. dont know why that would be different then the pro

Apr 2, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #4,180 of 4,614

i run the volume on my ap80 pro low gain around 55, but thats with replaygain tags set,

i forget but i think i ran the volume on my ap80 higher. around 65. dont know why that would be different then the pro
Short battery life is what stopped me from buying either AP80 pro or Xduoo X20 when they were discounted, such a shame.

Apr 3, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #4,183 of 4,614

I'm under 9 hours on balanced ... but I have been fiddling with it. I find with MSEB engaged, it needs more volume ... that won't help.

Apr 3, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #4,184 of 4,614
I'm under 9 hours on balanced ... but I have been fiddling with it. I find with MSEB engaged, it needs more volume ... that won't help.

i never use the mseb or equalizer

the headphones i use have the exact sound signature i like so i dont want to change it

also the songs are mastered to sound a certain way by the artist and professionals so i dont much need to change that either

be nice if they made a dap that could give frequency spectrum, and waveform dynamic range, of tracks, on the screen. ive never seen that yet

Apr 3, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #4,185 of 4,614

Users who are viewing this thread

Back