AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jan 26, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #3,647 of 4,614
I had no idea that the AP80 was going to be getting a pro version. I'm back in the market for something small and will be keeping an eye on this as I don't even have my AP80 anymore. Here's hoping the launch of the PRO goes better than the vanilla one.

Jan 28, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #3,648 of 4,614
I understand that the AP80 has a sleep timer, and that it also resumes from the last track position. This is good.

But, I also understand that the sleep timer resets. I would like the sleep timer to NOT reset. Or better yet, to have an option to turn the "sleep timer reset" functionality on or off.

Is there any chance that Hidizs would add that option in a future firmware update? Should I ask them?

(p.s. if the AP80 was going to be rockboxed, then that would solve the issue for me, but I am aware that it probably won't be)

Thanks

Jan 29, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #3,649 of 4,614
Is this thing still wonky with ldac? When I had one last it would constantly lose signal even on priority connection ldac.

Other than that it was ideal for a small dap. Sony NW a45 and Samsung m6 and shanling m0 are all very stable with ldac. But m0 is almost too small to use effectively and I prefer the shape compared to the Sony and fiio.

Thnx

Jan 30, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #3,650 of 4,614
I've had my AP80 for 4 months.
I tried to turn it on a few weeks ago, the screen flickered for a moment and got black. I could see it's doing something because faint shading and random light lines were noticeable.
I contacted Hidizs and I was told to send it for repair under warranty.
I've been waiting for the end of the New Year celebration and will send it in a few days. I'm curious to see how it develops and what's going to be the outcome.

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #3,651 of 4,614
I've had my AP80 for 4 months.
I tried to turn it on a few weeks ago, the screen flickered for a moment and got black. I could see it's doing something because faint shading and random light lines were noticeable.
I contacted Hidizs and I was told to send it for repair under warranty.
I've been waiting for the end of the New Year celebration and will send it in a few days. I'm curious to see how it develops and what's going to be the outcome.

That sucks. Hopefully the repair is smooth and the trip back is fast.

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #3,653 of 4,614
Can someone please help - I'm trying to connect my AP80 to my new ifi Nano - which USB setting do I want to use?

I guess I had just assumed that one of the settings would be just data out to the amp's DAC, but I was surprised that the volume and gain are active on all 3 options? I thought the volume on the AP80 would no longer be active, and all that would be controlled at the Nano.

is this correct?

what settings should I use? What about volume?

Feb 8, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #3,656 of 4,614
Try switching up the order in which you turn on your equipment.
For instance: turn on your Ap80 and have it play a song. Connect it to your DAC via usb cable. Turn on your DAC.
It should say something onyour Ap80 like “connection to DAC blah blah”. If it doesn’t, try turning off/on your external DAC. Sometimes this works with external equipment.
Edit: of course, have all your settings in order before you begin.

Feb 8, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #3,657 of 4,614
Try switching up the order in which you turn on your equipment.
For instance: turn on your Ap80 and have it play a song. Connect it to your DAC via usb cable. Turn on your DAC.
It should say something onyour Ap80 like “connection to DAC blah blah”. If it doesn’t, try turning off/on your external DAC. Sometimes this works with external equipment.
Edit: of course, have all your settings in order before you begin.

Well, I guess that's my question about the settings...

I'll try your advice about powering up.

the ifi is definitely getting digital data, and everything sounds fine, it's just the behavior of t he volume on the AP80 affecting the signal that concerns me.

Also, it seems that the eq and MSEB are affecting the data that the ifi is getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back