AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 22, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #286 of 4,614
38E649DA-26D7-4ED5-BF90-775329B472B6.jpeg

As the campaign has begun I will repost my quick look.

Main menus and some sub menus, ui, photos of the device and a video showing the ui.

http://www.headpie.net/2018/08/hidizs-ap80-unboxing-and-ks-preview_17.html?m=1

Currently sending any improvement tips to Hidizs as I play with the device. Nothing major I can detect with general usage. But I dont fiddle with EQ and settings in my everyday use, just when testing a device.

I know people want more comparisons between mo and ap80 so hopefully i can find a good few free hours do the job right.

Regards
Expat

Aug 22, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #287 of 4,614
@xuyiguanyinsi Thanks a lot! We are also super proud on how fast we raised up to $63,000 USD so far in less than 3h! with more than 500+ backers! THANK YOU GUYS! :D

It is really nice to see companies approach a product, and fulfill it with a quality unit. There are Kickstarter’s that go wrong; and then there are the ones that go right. Well done @kenloveme. My hope is that the AP80 is as much of a success as the other Hidizs products.

Aug 23, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #289 of 4,614
Thank you! I'm new to Kickstarter. I haven't been charged yet, so I guess that will happen when the stainless steel orders reach the limited 50? Is that correct?
@acroyear No, actually it represents the quantity we have for the stainless steel version of the AP80. As you can see, it is very limited. For backing us up, you will definitely get your very personal customized AP80, do not worry! :).
Regarding your question about Kickstarter, KS does not charge you when you back us up while the campaign is on-going. However, after the campaign ends (after 29 days) they will start charging you. That is how they works. :D

Aug 23, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #290 of 4,614
@kenloveme - as Hidizs representative here, can you comment on audiobook and podcast support being added?
Unfortunately, all the latest DAPs (Shanling, HiBy, etc.) totally ignore this functionality :frowning2:
While true that high-res is not needed for audiobooks or podcasts, it is convenient to have 1 device to fulfill both spoken word AND music needs.

Aug 23, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #292 of 4,614
Bit the bullet and bought one :)
The bug bites again.

@Vimtoman Thanks for supporting us all the way so far! :D You will still be, and probably even more satisfied with the AP80! :)

Aug 23, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #295 of 4,614
Backer 269 here, hope it turns to be a nice player as it will be my first ever dap.
@Chrisrd Thank you for the back up! We are glad you joined the fray! You will see that there is a huge difference between smartphone audio and with truly dedicated DAP :)

Aug 23, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #296 of 4,614
Ama

very good news @kenloveme ! but for the first launch (Nov as stated on kickstarter), Ap80 will support at least AAC on BT? For me is enough for now (i'm current using AAC throught BT on Fiio Q5 and can't hear any difference from APT-X). :L3000:

Thank you!

@Franklin Thank you! :D. Well, as we are still under development regarding the AAC, I can't tell you exactly when it will happen but it will be available in the future :D

Aug 23, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #297 of 4,614
Hey Ken,
Didn't you just tell me that APTX would work both receiving and sending? But LDAC and maybe APTX-HD were pending? Now I'm very confused as Hidizs and HiBy have been stating APTx for over a year now on multiple devices. Now you're saying its not yet "authorized"? Seems to me if the Ap80 can act as a Bluetooth Aptx receiver that what @Franklin is asking should be easy to do. If you don't have authorization for Aptx, Does the AP200 or AP60II, AP60 Pro have APTx? Or are they also waiting for authorization?

Actually Hope that you can get LDAC and APTX-HD working in both send and receive modes on all the HIDIZS Devices ! As they have much better sound quality than Ordinary Bluetooth and Ordinary APTx ! :L3000:

(Know that Apple Folks would like ACC, and Airplay for Bluetooth too.)

@CactusPete23, sorry, my bad, I made a mistake last night, as I am not much versed in technical topics, I just double checked with the tech team. :gs1000smile:. So Bluetooth and LDAC can do both ways, receiving and sending and the APTX can just do sending not receiving. :ksc75smile:

Aug 23, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #298 of 4,614
@kenloveme - as Hidizs representative here, can you comment on audiobook and podcast support being added?
Unfortunately, all the latest DAPs (Shanling, HiBy, etc.) totally ignore this functionality :frowning2:
While true that high-res is not needed for audiobooks or podcasts, it is convenient to have 1 device to fulfill both spoken word AND music needs.

@Zachik Regarding your question about audiobooks and podcasts, it should come on further updates! Wait and see! :D

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #299 of 4,614
Brain freeze/silly question time. Does this have WiFi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back