1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last
  1. ExpatinJapan
    38E649DA-26D7-4ED5-BF90-775329B472B6.jpeg

As the campaign has begun I will repost my quick look.

Main menus and some sub menus, ui, photos of the device and a video showing the ui.

http://www.headpie.net/2018/08/hidizs-ap80-unboxing-and-ks-preview_17.html?m=1

Currently sending any improvement tips to Hidizs as I play with the device. Nothing major I can detect with general usage. But I dont fiddle with EQ and settings in my everyday use, just when testing a device.

I know people want more comparisons between mo and ap80 so hopefully i can find a good few free hours do the job right.

Regards
    Expat

ngoshawk and Kervsky like this.
  2. ngoshawk
    It is really nice to see companies approach a product, and fulfill it with a quality unit. There are Kickstarter’s that go wrong; and then there are the ones that go right. Well done @kenloveme. My hope is that the AP80 is as much of a success as the other Hidizs products.

ExpatinJapan likes this.
  3. IryxBRO
    Both Pioneer or R3 are from another higher segment. The direct comparison should be done to at least Hidizs flagship AP200 instead.

Vicx likes this.
  4. kenloveme
    @acroyear No, actually it represents the quantity we have for the stainless steel version of the AP80. As you can see, it is very limited. For backing us up, you will definitely get your very personal customized AP80, do not worry! :).
    Regarding your question about Kickstarter, KS does not charge you when you back us up while the campaign is on-going. However, after the campaign ends (after 29 days) they will start charging you. That is how they works. :D

5. Zachik
    @kenloveme - as Hidizs representative here, can you comment on audiobook and podcast support being added?
    Unfortunately, all the latest DAPs (Shanling, HiBy, etc.) totally ignore this functionality :frowning2:
    While true that high-res is not needed for audiobooks or podcasts, it is convenient to have 1 device to fulfill both spoken word AND music needs.

6. wskl
    Does the AP80 offer a true lineout?

7. kenloveme
    @Vimtoman Thanks for supporting us all the way so far! :D You will still be, and probably even more satisfied with the AP80! :)

Vimtoman likes this.
  8. IryxBRO
    it depends what you can a true lineout. It has the function of locking volume control when lineout is in use. But the output is physically the same. Further information about whether anything is bypassed when lineout is in use is not yet revealed by Hidizs.

9. IryxBRO
    As far as understand reading reading the headfonics review - we have the same feeling about M0 - AP80 sounds better + M0 is moody....

10. kenloveme
    @Chrisrd Thank you for the back up! We are glad you joined the fray! You will see that there is a huge difference between smartphone audio and with truly dedicated DAP :)

11. kenloveme
    @Franklin Thank you! :D. Well, as we are still under development regarding the AAC, I can't tell you exactly when it will happen but it will be available in the future :D

Franklin likes this.
  12. kenloveme
    @CactusPete23, sorry, my bad, I made a mistake last night, as I am not much versed in technical topics, I just double checked with the tech team. :gs1000smile:. So Bluetooth and LDAC can do both ways, receiving and sending and the APTX can just do sending not receiving. :ksc75smile:

Franklin likes this.
  13. kenloveme
    @Zachik Regarding your question about audiobooks and podcasts, it should come on further updates! Wait and see! :D

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Zachik and TheRH like this.
  14. georgelai57
    Brain freeze/silly question time. Does this have WiFi?

15. IryxBRO
    No, it doesn't. Bluetooth yes, HibyLink over bluetooth as well as aptX support - yes and even LDAC would be here finally. If you definitely require to have WiFi and want to use streaming services with excellent audio quality - AP200 would be the option for you.

First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Next

Last