AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jan 14, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #2,461 of 4,614
Yeah, for a DAP of such a size, AP80 is almost perfect; sound and screen quality, and like you mentioned, portability are great. I've said "almost" because of the firmware issues that needed to be addressed in a future update and Hidizs' spotty after-sales service and lack of communication to their customers. If he have a bit more money to spare, then he should save himself from disappointment and settle for M6.

Just my suggestion, as someone who also used AP80 for two months. I'm kinda contemplating on selling my AP80 and then buy the M6. I'm still waiting for Hidizs to release a proper firmware update with most of the issues that are reported in this thread finally addressed, and no, ver. 1.0.1 beta doesn't count, as the only significant fix in that update was the LDAC support (and even then, it still has issues).

I agree that it isn't perfect though, and can really see your points :)

Let's hope @kenloveme comes back to this thread so people can feel like HIDIZS is standing well behind their products!

i was until the touch screen messes up.

Such a small display will be problematic, but that is an inherent thing with a DAP this size, my fingers also have a hard time sometimes with the display of Shanling M0, because my thumb is as wide as almost half of the display :)

Any one experiencing quick battery discharge?

Not at all, that would call for a warranty claim, if it is a really quick one

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #2,462 of 4,614
Ever Wonder Why You Didn't Receive a Tracking # ?

I received my red AP80 in Dec. I never was asked if I wanted to change colors or wait for red, and I never received a tracking number. It just showed up one day in the PO. All is good with it, I like it.

Then on Jan 5 I received a notice that my AP80 had been shipped. The e-mail had my correct address and Kickstarter #. I was supplied a tracking number by Aftership that showed my AP80 had been shipped on Dec. 12. Today it was delivered to a hopefully happy user in Palm Coast Florida. I'll bet he was surprised because he didn't receive his tracking #, I did.

Received a tracking on Jan 5th too. At 9th it hits the destination country, Aftership shows Heathrow Airport since then, but I don't live in the UK...
Hopefully my cc will do a full charge back...

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #2,463 of 4,614
I received my AP80 around Christmas and haven't had much time to use it due to it being a busy time of year. First impressions are good, though.

I was however disappointed that the leather case I paid for wasn't included what they sent my player and even more disappointed that my comments and messages to Hidizs regarding this matter have been ignored.

So, if @kenloveme could help out I would be very appreciative.

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #2,464 of 4,614
All of a sudden someone at Hidizs is responding to the questions/complaints on the Kickstarter page...

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #2,465 of 4,614
My Ap80 is finally in Canada. Cleared customs and now with Canada Post in B.C. as of this morning. If the tracking info actually belongs to me then I'm thinking I'll get it Friday at the earliest or Monday/Tuesday since I'm in Toronto.

I found that http://parcelsapp.com/en has more details compared to the Aftership site which stops once it departed Singapore.

I also have a pair of macaw GT600s from Massdrop arriving within the next day or two so

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #2,466 of 4,614
My Ap80 is finally in Canada. Cleared customs and now with Canada Post in B.C. as of this morning. If the tracking info actually belongs to me then I'm thinking I'll get it Friday at the earliest or Monday/Tuesday since I'm in Toronto.

I found that http://parcelsapp.com/en has more details compared to the Aftership site which stops once it departed Singapore.

I also have a pair of macaw GT600s from Massdrop arriving within the next day or two so

Wow. Lucky you

My AP80 was presented to Customs on Jan 9. Still in this state. Waiting patiently to arrive in Montreal. Oufff......

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #2,467 of 4,614
Wow. Lucky you

My AP80 was presented to Customs on Jan 9. Still in this state. Waiting patiently to arrive in Montreal. Oufff......

If you try the parcelsapp site for tracking it also has a link to Canada Post's site with the same tracking details. Maybe that will give you some extra info.

Just curious if any Canadians who have received theirs were hit by duties. Back when they did the shipping survey I actually was able to speak to a Hidizs rep over the course of a couple emails and emphasized the need to keep the customs value down to avoid duties for Canadian backers. Not that I expected much but felt like giving it a shot nonetheless.

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #2,469 of 4,614
Jan 15, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #2,471 of 4,614
If you try the parcelsapp site for tracking it also has a link to Canada Post's site with the same tracking details. Maybe that will give you some extra info.

Just curious if any Canadians who have received theirs were hit by duties. Back when they did the shipping survey I actually was able to speak to a Hidizs rep over the course of a couple emails and emphasized the need to keep the customs value down to avoid duties for Canadian backers. Not that I expected much but felt like giving it a shot nonetheless.

Just for curiosity, how long was your AP80 in the hands of Customs?

Jan 15, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #2,472 of 4,614

Not long. Released to CPost same day.

I've posted the tracking info from parcelsapp.com below:

• 15 Jan 2019 09:20
    Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing RICHMOND, BC, Canada, V7B 0B1
    Canada Post
  • 15 Jan 2019 09:20
    Item processed RICHMOND, BC, Canada, V7B 0B1
    Canada Post
  • 15 Jan 2019 08:23
    Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing. RICHMOND, BC, Canada, V7B 0B1
    Canada Post
  • 15 Jan 2019 00:00
    Arrival at Processing Center Canada
    Singapore Post
    Held by Custom
    Singapore Post
    Arrival at Destination Post Canada

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #2,473 of 4,614
During the last months I have been following this thread very closely. First, I was very excited about the performance of this little DAP and the pre-sales support. Now, as one of the people who received the mail about the red version coming later, I'm less and less impressed with Hidizs' performance.

Of course, after all that happened or rather did not happen during november and december, I didn't really believe that my AP80 would be in Germany in 2018. And this is not my first kickstarter contribution. But it is by far the worst communication by any campaign I ever had to experience. And I never had a campaign that sold the product to resellers first. That's very low.

I'm backing a totally different campaign since last summer that had to overcome some serious production problems. But they informed their backers in detail every time, sent photos, made no promises they couldn't keep. And they are doing this for the first time.

Finally, my unit seems to be on its way. I received the 4PX tracking number end of december and only yesterday did it "arrive at airport of destination country". In Liege. That's in Belgium. As Liege is only 200 km from here, at least it landed closer to me than some of you had to experience lately. We'll see what happens next...

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #2,475 of 4,614
Update today: same day and time the AP80 arrived at Heathrow and Liege? Two parcels with the same number or...?

Did you try parcelsapp.com? Here's what parcelsapp tells me (far more details than 4px, thanks @Unolord )

13 Jan 2019 22:50 Shipment arrived at airport of destination country Liege

Parcelsapp also shows that DHL Germany is the final carrier and even the next tracking number - so it could get here by the end of the week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back