1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
Next

Last
  1. grs8
    Received a tracking on Jan 5th too. At 9th it hits the destination country, Aftership shows Heathrow Airport since then, but I don't live in the UK...
    Hopefully my cc will do a full charge back...

2. Planet_JASE
    I received my AP80 around Christmas and haven't had much time to use it due to it being a busy time of year. First impressions are good, though.

I was however disappointed that the leather case I paid for wasn't included what they sent my player and even more disappointed that my comments and messages to Hidizs regarding this matter have been ignored.

So, if @kenloveme could help out I would be very appreciative.

3. Unolord
    All of a sudden someone at Hidizs is responding to the questions/complaints on the Kickstarter page...

4. Unolord
    My Ap80 is finally in Canada. Cleared customs and now with Canada Post in B.C. as of this morning. If the tracking info actually belongs to me then I'm thinking I'll get it Friday at the earliest or Monday/Tuesday since I'm in Toronto.

I found that http://parcelsapp.com/en has more details compared to the Aftership site which stops once it departed Singapore.

I also have a pair of macaw GT600s from Massdrop arriving within the next day or two so

Sougouk and LouisRenault like this.
  5. webbj
    Wow. Lucky you

My AP80 was presented to Customs on Jan 9. Still in this state. Waiting patiently to arrive in Montreal. Oufff......

6. Unolord
    If you try the parcelsapp site for tracking it also has a link to Canada Post's site with the same tracking details. Maybe that will give you some extra info.

Just curious if any Canadians who have received theirs were hit by duties. Back when they did the shipping survey I actually was able to speak to a Hidizs rep over the course of a couple emails and emphasized the need to keep the customs value down to avoid duties for Canadian backers. Not that I expected much but felt like giving it a shot nonetheless.

7. mik000000
    i'm in Burlington. got5 mine 2 weeks ago. no duties

Unolord likes this.
  8. Unolord
    Cool. Thanks,

9. toear
    I got mine just before Christmas... In the Six. No duties. Wishing you a smooth final delivery...!

:)

Unolord likes this.
  10. webbj
    Just for curiosity, how long was your AP80 in the hands of Customs?
    Just for curiosity, how long was your AP80 in the hands of Customs?

11. Unolord
    Not long. Released to CPost same day.

I've posted the tracking info from parcelsapp.com below:

• 15 Jan 2019 09:20
      Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing RICHMOND, BC, Canada, V7B 0B1
      Canada Post
    • 15 Jan 2019 09:20
      Item processed RICHMOND, BC, Canada, V7B 0B1
      Canada Post
    • 15 Jan 2019 08:23
      Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing. RICHMOND, BC, Canada, V7B 0B1
      Canada Post
    • 15 Jan 2019 00:00
      Arrival at Processing Center Canada
      Singapore Post
      Held by Custom
      Singapore Post
      Arrival at Destination Post Canada

12. LouisRenault
    During the last months I have been following this thread very closely. First, I was very excited about the performance of this little DAP and the pre-sales support. Now, as one of the people who received the mail about the red version coming later, I'm less and less impressed with Hidizs' performance.

Of course, after all that happened or rather did not happen during november and december, I didn't really believe that my AP80 would be in Germany in 2018. And this is not my first kickstarter contribution. But it is by far the worst communication by any campaign I ever had to experience. And I never had a campaign that sold the product to resellers first. That's very low.

I'm backing a totally different campaign since last summer that had to overcome some serious production problems. But they informed their backers in detail every time, sent photos, made no promises they couldn't keep. And they are doing this for the first time.

Finally, my unit seems to be on its way. I received the 4PX tracking number end of december and only yesterday did it "arrive at airport of destination country". In Liege. That's in Belgium. As Liege is only 200 km from here, at least it landed closer to me than some of you had to experience lately. We'll see what happens next...

13. grs8
    Update today: same day and time the AP80 arrived at Heathrow and Liege? Two parcels with the same number or...?

14. LouisRenault
    Did you try parcelsapp.com? Here's what parcelsapp tells me (far more details than 4px, thanks @Unolord )

13 Jan 2019 22:50 Shipment arrived at airport of destination country Liege

Parcelsapp also shows that DHL Germany is the final carrier and even the next tracking number - so it could get here by the end of the week.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Unolord likes this.
  15. grs8
    Yes, same result with parcelapp:

09 Jan 2019 11:13 Shipment arrived at airport of destination country London Heathrow Airport, United Kingdom

09 Jan 2019 11:13 Shipment arrived at airport of destination country Liege

Carrier: 4PX Express, nothing to find about DHL.

First

Back
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
Next

Last