1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136
138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147
Next

Last
  1. Sougouk
    Alright, I'll have to check that out. Sadly, my HDD doesn't specify power specs, since it uses the data+power connector usb cable. I'll check the specs and hopefully the internet will have more details. Thanks.

2. CactusPete23
    One thing to remember is that many HDDs need almost 2 Amps of power to Start the Drive spinning... then drop off to 1/2 or 1/3 of that...Like any "motor" there is a startup surge to get the disc moving... Doubt the player is designed to provide that out through the USB C...
    An SSD would be much easier to drive, but still could be more power than the DAP is designed to provide. SSD's won't have that surge, and very little power when idle.

3. j4100
    Bad news about the customs, as I'm sure I'll be hit with that as well, but positive to hear that at least one has arrived in the country. Mind you, they only contacted me last week about red not being available, so I guess that will cause a delay. 10 delivery days left before xmas.

crashtest33 likes this.
  4. Spon
    Same issue here with my grey AP80. Card through the door staying I have to pay £12 to get the device. I think some of the backers from Asia have had to pay something like £30/$30 to get their player delivered and were allowed to claim this back from Hidizs. I wonder if we will get the chance of that as well as delivery was free. Question is, who to ask and can I be bothered!!

crashtest33 likes this.
  5. IryxBRO
    Was it a payment for delivery or as customs tax?

6. Spon
    I have not picked it up but I have just googled it and it could be a customs charge but the rules for the UK is items under £135 should have no customs charge. Over £135 you pay one level and there is another level over £630. I paid $130ish (US Dollars) for AP80 and case there should not be a charge in my opinion, We are not talking loads of money extra but it is still an expense not planned for.

Additionally, that is £135 that also includes the price paid for the goods along with postage, packaging and insurance, so could be understandable if annoying.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  7. crezo
    Its finally arrived in the UK! Jusy 2 days to go as it got delayed waiting to pay customs charges.

I have to say well done for shipping when you did, amd it arriving as expected.

So are the people calling Ken a liar going to apologise to the poor guy for all the abuse now when they did in fact ship when he said they had?

8. crezo
    Its not unusual to have to pay customs in items under £100 here.

It seems to vary massively what does amd what doesn't get charged. Its an £8 handling charge and 4 fiddy customs. Not exactly too painfull :wink:

crashtest33 likes this.
  9. Spon
    It certainly could have been worse. As I rarely buy from outside UK it took a while to understand it. Typical British bollocks that the handling charge is double the customs charge. I will pay and hopefully enjoy my 1st ever dap.

10. warrenpokerface
    The issue is not about them shipping the product or not. It is their lack of communication.

Let's just hope that most of the ap80 come without any issue(some already have) , as it will be a real pain in the **** to get hidizs attention.

mono-type and crashtest33 like this.
  11. AudioBear
    I haven't received mine yet nor have I heard a word. Since a bunch of US customers have already received theirs I was thinking about making inquiry to Hidizs but from what I read here that is pretty much a waste of electrons....

crashtest33 likes this.
  12. CactusPete23
    FYI, you are not alone. Also have not received mine in the USA; And have heard nothing from Hidizs.

crashtest33 likes this.
  13. AudioBear
    Glad to hear it, Thanks. Misery loves company.

14. abitdeef
    Can you please show the post where someone called him a lair? I know vague and inaccurate were used but I don’t recall anyone calling him a liar.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  15. silverfishla
    Do yo actually think there is a guy named Ken...and his last name is LoveMe...and that’s actually a real picture of him? How long have you used the internet?

KevDzn, Sougouk, mono-type and 2 others like this.
First

Back
127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136
138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147
Next

Last