AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 12, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #2,041 of 4,614
As far as I remember the AP80 does not have smart-charging capability. The specs are 5V/2A USB power adapter. Any wall type USB power adapter able to deliver 2A (or more) would do.

Edit: You could check the requirement for your external HD. The same 5V power unit could be used for both player and HD...

Alright, I'll have to check that out. Sadly, my HDD doesn't specify power specs, since it uses the data+power connector usb cable. I'll check the specs and hopefully the internet will have more details. Thanks.

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #2,042 of 4,614
Alright, I'll have to check that out. Sadly, my HDD doesn't specify power specs, since it uses the data+power connector usb cable. I'll check the specs and hopefully the internet will have more details. Thanks.
One thing to remember is that many HDDs need almost 2 Amps of power to Start the Drive spinning... then drop off to 1/2 or 1/3 of that...Like any "motor" there is a startup surge to get the disc moving... Doubt the player is designed to provide that out through the USB C...
An SSD would be much easier to drive, but still could be more power than the DAP is designed to provide. SSD's won't have that surge, and very little power when idle.

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #2,043 of 4,614
Mine's just arrived. Slight delay with UK customs. £12 charge to pay but in my hands now. I was backer #1658. (Grey with brown case)

Bad news about the customs, as I'm sure I'll be hit with that as well, but positive to hear that at least one has arrived in the country. Mind you, they only contacted me last week about red not being available, so I guess that will cause a delay. 10 delivery days left before xmas.

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #2,044 of 4,614
Mine's just arrived. Slight delay with UK customs. £12 charge to pay but in my hands now. I was backer #1658. (Grey with brown case)

Same issue here with my grey AP80. Card through the door staying I have to pay £12 to get the device. I think some of the backers from Asia have had to pay something like £30/$30 to get their player delivered and were allowed to claim this back from Hidizs. I wonder if we will get the chance of that as well as delivery was free. Question is, who to ask and can I be bothered!!

Dec 12, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #2,045 of 4,614
Same issue here with my grey AP80. Card through the door staying I have to pay £12 to get the device. I think some of the backers from Asia have had to pay something like £30/$30 to get their player delivered and were allowed to claim this back from Hidizs. I wonder if we will get the chance of that as well as delivery was free. Question is, who to ask and can I be bothered!!

Was it a payment for delivery or as customs tax?

Dec 12, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #2,046 of 4,614
I have not picked it up but I have just googled it and it could be a customs charge but the rules for the UK is items under £135 should have no customs charge. Over £135 you pay one level and there is another level over £630. I paid $130ish (US Dollars) for AP80 and case there should not be a charge in my opinion, We are not talking loads of money extra but it is still an expense not planned for.

Additionally, that is £135 that also includes the price paid for the goods along with postage, packaging and insurance, so could be understandable if annoying.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #2,047 of 4,614
Its finally arrived in the UK! Jusy 2 days to go as it got delayed waiting to pay customs charges.

I have to say well done for shipping when you did, amd it arriving as expected.

So are the people calling Ken a liar going to apologise to the poor guy for all the abuse now when they did in fact ship when he said they had?

Dec 12, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #2,049 of 4,614
It certainly could have been worse. As I rarely buy from outside UK it took a while to understand it. Typical British bollocks that the handling charge is double the customs charge. I will pay and hopefully enjoy my 1st ever dap.

Dec 12, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #2,050 of 4,614
Its finally arrived in the UK! Jusy 2 days to go as it got delayed waiting to pay customs charges.

So are the people calling Ken a liar going to apologise to the poor guy for all the abuse now when they did in fact ship when he said they had?
The issue is not about them shipping the product or not. It is their lack of communication.

Let's just hope that most of the ap80 come without any issue(some already have) , as it will be a real pain in the **** to get hidizs attention.

Dec 12, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #2,051 of 4,614
I haven't received mine yet nor have I heard a word. Since a bunch of US customers have already received theirs I was thinking about making inquiry to Hidizs but from what I read here that is pretty much a waste of electrons....

Dec 12, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #2,052 of 4,614
I haven't received mine yet nor have I heard a word. Since a bunch of US customers have already received theirs I was thinking about making inquiry to Hidizs but from what I read here that is pretty much a waste of electrons....
FYI, you are not alone. Also have not received mine in the USA; And have heard nothing from Hidizs.

Dec 12, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #2,054 of 4,614

Can you please show the post where someone called him a lair? I know vague and inaccurate were used but I don’t recall anyone calling him a liar.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #2,055 of 4,614

Do yo actually think there is a guy named Ken...and his last name is LoveMe...and that’s actually a real picture of him? How long have you used the internet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back