AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 30, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #604 of 4,614
@kenloveme is the Hidizs logo going to be on the front? I prefer it to be on the back only as in the Kickstarter pictures
@Vimtoman The logo will stay on the back for the final version just as shown on our Kickstarter page :) We heard your prayers!

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #605 of 4,614
I’d like to know this also, I’d prefer no logo on the front too.
Thought so, but better to be sure!
+1 for 'no logo on the front'. A 'clean' face with only the screen.

And thanks to those who own the other/former/older models to let the new backers know about the past stories...
I'm proud of it being a Hidizs product. Cool company, I love you guys, BUT PLEASE... no logo on the front. It's just not a good look. Let the gorgeousness of the player speak for itself. Only the back should have the logo.
I don't think there is any frontal logo (?)
+1 on no front logo.

@abitdeef @okinear @acroyear @Dobrescu George @Luhar Thanks guys for your feedbacks! The final version will have the Hidizs AP80 logo only in the back so the front will be clean with a small Hi-res audio sticker in the front :)

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #606 of 4,614
Which colour is your demo unit? Black or grey? It's hard to tell with the lighting but I like it!

I've backed this project. My first foray into DAPs. I hope it's a good one!
@nickv Thanks for supporting us and for choosing the AP80 to get to the DAP world! :D. We currently have two colors: Black and Grey :). There is a survey on-going on our KS page to choose the next color for the AP80 as a stretch goal. You can check it in the Update tab if you are interested! :D

Aug 30, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #607 of 4,614
Aug 31, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #611 of 4,614
Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #612 of 4,614
Now I suggest the next stretch goal should be "Battery Replacement Kit" or something like that :metal:
The topic about 'a changeable battery' has been commented from the beginning of the campaign on KS. Let's hope that it will be there as default, not as a future stretch goal!
No clear feedback from Hidizs team yet.

@chatnever @okinear as said on our KS page, it is currently not possible to change the battery in the AP80 as it is embedded. It would damage it and alter the lifespan of the product. When you look at nowadays, all smartphones battery can't be changed. However, the AP80 has a good playtime so you can listen to it for a long time :).

Aug 31, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #614 of 4,614
Okay guys! We have new pictures from the AP80 in black and grey version! What do you think? Looking dope right? :D

ap80-blackgrey1.jpg
ap80-blackgrey2.jpg
ap80-blackgrey3.jpg.jpg

Aug 31, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #615 of 4,614
@chatnever @okinear as said on our KS page, it is currently not possible to change the battery in the AP80 as it is embedded. It would damage it and alter the lifespan of the product. When you look at nowadays, all smartphones battery can't be changed. However, the AP80 has a good playtime so you can listen to it for a long time :).

It was not much about the playtime... more about the future of the player.
Anyway thanks for the clear answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back