1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Next

Last
  1. Vimtoman
    I think in three years time we would have backed another kickstarter for a different DAP.

I shift around with DAP's . So it's not a problem.

I guess in a few months there would be someone who has worked out how to open it . Plus a seller in china selling batteries and backplates.

It's not a big deal.

kenloveme and chaiyuta like this.
  2. abitdeef
    Even the top tier Sony’s and AK’s don’t have user replaceable batteries. If you want dap with one I only know of 2- ibasso dx50 and dx90. Anyways an item this cheap probably wouldn’t be worth paying to have the battery replaced.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    kenloveme likes this.
  3. EvilJesus
    It's amazing what people expect at this price point. There are DAPs that cost 5 times as much that don't have these options. I backed the AP80 to replace my ageing plenue d. I am excited for what I'm getting at this price. November can't get here soon enough.

kenloveme and ExpatinJapan like this.
  4. abitdeef
    Having had a plenue D and also using the hiby R3 - same software UI, and having Shanling m0 ( same amp and chipset ) you are going to Love the AP80 I think.

I’m excited also ha ha :wink:

kenloveme likes this.
  5. acroyear
    Does that mean Hidizs won't be able to change the battery after 5 or 6 years of usage if you send a dead battery in for repair?

6. twister6 Contributor
    Do they offer 5-6 year warranty? :wink:

7. IryxBRO
    What is the problem of changing it yourself? Heat gun? Or finding any 4.2V LiPO or LiON cell of that size? No problems at all...

kenloveme likes this.
  8. abitdeef
    Lol I don’t even see the worry about a rechargeable battery in a 115 dollar device. I could easily change any battery, but I never keep a dap beyond its battery life anyways.

They keep improving :wink:

kenloveme and BetterLate like this.
  9. okinear
    Even easier to find 3.7V ones... Also according to the back of the box in your post "3 :blush:
    Don't know the size though!

10. okinear
    Twelve (12) months warranty, batteries are covered during that time (https://www.hidizs.net/pages/warranty).
    But don't know how long they keep parts for repair.

11. IryxBRO
    3.7V/cell is the half charge of LiON or LiPO, LiFE, LiHV, Graphene batteries. Always labeled like that on the market. Full charge is 4.2-4.35V/cell depending of the chemistry type. I can go deeper into explanations if you want...

12. okinear
    I'm more from the Ni-Cd battery time and its memory effect... It's always good to know specific aspects of new technologies!
    I read about the charging at 4.2V while checking 3.7V batteries on the net; and also read about the danger of Li-based batteries for those who try to exchange/repair stuff like iphones, and likely other devices.

13. Dobrescu George
    FiiO DAPs are also glued for the most part, but FiiO can undo the back, place in a new batterry, and glue the backs back together. Just don't worry too much :)

kenloveme likes this.
  14. Vimtoman
    The Fiio x5III had two screws to unscrew the back.

15. Dobrescu George
    Welp :)

That one I had the least time to play with. At any rate, it is doable even with the back glued.

I would prefer using screws where possible though

First

Back
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Next

Last