AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
May 31, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #62 of 4,614
Wow that's cheap. I was expecting a price similar to the Hiby R3 with similar features. Any idea whether they would do a kickstarter type of campaign first?

I don't know, but probably no. And, my bad, the price I calculated was in euros. I saw preorder price in a russian shop and, in USD, is more like 159, but that does not match with the "under 150" statement in their FB page, so let's wait and see.

The russian page was this one:

http://xchesser.ru/catalog/product/hidizs-ap80

May 31, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #63 of 4,614
I can't wait to see this being sold on Amazon. These lower cost players are great for my lossy audio which is 99% what I listen to. I was hoping it was going to be under 130 bucks but I guess I could go with the shanling m0 if I want to be cheap. im just going to have to wait a couple weeks to make a decision I suppose.

I'm hoping the body quality would at least be better than the flimsy plastic of the ap60. I got the semi leather case for it and the plastic that holds the player in the case broke up fast because the measurements are slightly too small for the player. I haven't dropped the ap60 in the year I've had it but I don't think it would servive if I did. The ap80 at least sounds like it will be sturdy with the metal and all and be able to take a tumble.

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #64 of 4,614
I can't wait to see this being sold on Amazon. These lower cost players are great for my lossy audio which is 99% what I listen to. I was hoping it was going to be under 130 bucks but I guess I could go with the shanling m0 if I want to be cheap. im just going to have to wait a couple weeks to make a decision I suppose.

I'm hoping the body quality would at least be better than the flimsy plastic of the ap60. I got the semi leather case for it and the plastic that holds the player in the case broke up fast because the measurements are slightly too small for the player. I haven't dropped the ap60 in the year I've had it but I don't think it would servive if I did. The ap80 at least sounds like it will be sturdy with the metal and all and be able to take a tumble.
FYI the ap60ii is metal and has physical buttons so they already addressed the original's ap60's drawbacks. I'm torn between the ap80 and the M0 too but the 80 has physical playback buttons which I didn't see on the M0.

Let's see what the power output and impedance are gonna be...

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #72 of 4,614
Yeah this whole artificial mystery hype building that so many companies do nowadays is so annoying.
Ok, you don't know when exactly you'll be ready to launch, fine. At least give us the full specs so we can get something else now if we don't like them, instead of waiting for some random date.
I guess it could be worse *cough*kickstarter*cough*

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #73 of 4,614
Yeah this whole artificial mystery hype building that so many companies do nowadays is so annoying.
Ok, you don't know when exactly you'll be ready to launch, fine. At least give us the full specs so we can get something else now if we don't like them, instead of waiting for some random date.
I guess it could be worse *cough*kickstarter*cough*
Aside from the exact retail price, what info are you looking for that isn't in the OP?

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #75 of 4,614
Aside from the exact retail price, what info are you looking for that isn't in the OP?

Power output and output impedance. I'm really hoping for at least 70 mW@32Ohm and <1 Ohm impedance.

Release date. Give me an actual date other than a second hand source saying late june. Specs look ok so far just need a price and release date

When you're a small company launching a completely new product, especially as complex as this, it is very hard to nail down the date. Whatever can go wrong usually does in the last minute. I've been involved in several product launches in several small companies and it's just the nature of the beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back