Anyone try the Audioquest DragonFly DAC/Amp yet?
Feb 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #61 of 63
Meridian product is wonderful, Wireworld Starlight is great cable, have one in my DAC dedicated setup hooked to big system and find it superb.

Mar 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #62 of 63
Has anyone been able to compare the Dragonfly to the Stoner Acoustics UD100 or Hifimedy Sabre?

Ive got the UD100 and wondering if its worth upgrading to the Dragonfly since they both have the same DAC chip?

Mar 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #63 of 63
I have got the Dragonfly today and ran some A/B testing with my Bushmaster dac. I did the test using my in-ear Sony MPA3. 

Using earphones, the Bushmaster was marginally better in terms of music resolution and depth. The separation of instruments of orchestra pieces were clearer. However when playing Buddy Guy in simple music, just vocal and guitar, there wasn't much between them. The Dragonfly gives more bass so if you are into rock and like your bass with more body, then Dragonfly will suit you. 

I had a look at the Meridian on the youtube video posted. Looks very promising. One thing though, if I want to carry dac around in my pocket, chances are, I won't want to carry accessories USB cables. In this instance, Dragonfly is still the dac to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back