Anyone else not happy with the TripleFi10's?
Dec 9, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #76 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by j2kei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
then i decided to take advantage of the larger nozzle head and use my favorite dynamic IEM tips (v-moda) and WOWOOWOWOWOW it sounds good. bass isnt as boomy and prominent, don't feel as stuffy and congested, trebles are now sparkly. i don't hear the BA sound that i initially heard.

Are they silicone or foam? Could you provide a link to them or a picture, please?
normal_smile .gif

Seems like people's experience with the TF10 is really dependent on if they can get suitable tips for their ears... that could be an interesting situation for me, as I've never done any tip comparisons before and don't really know what to look for. I've just stuck with the Ety bi-flanges.

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #77 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you take no for an answer?

I sent them an e-mail last night asking if they would honor the $50 rebate even though I ordered just a few hours before the rebate came into effect. Late last night I got a form letter restating the terms of the rebate and saying I wasn't eligible. So when they sent a follow up e-mail asking if my question was answered I said No, and used the "call me" function. I explained the situation to the CSR, told him about the changing ship dates and the rebate issue and asked if he could honor the rebate for me since it's not going to ship until the 22nd.

2 minutes later I have a $50 credit.

Also, remember it's easier to catch flies with honey than it is with vinegar. Being a CSR can be a crappy job. Make their experience on the phone with you a good one that makes them smile and they'll do almost anything for you.

Do you sound like a hot girl? Because I just had Amazon call me and the rep was tougher than a bouncer at the Marquee club in New York. I started off asking about the rebate, and was told that Amazon can't retroactively credit for missed rebates. I told the rep that I knew of people who were able to get this credit, and he just acted like he didn't know what I was talking about.

I then asked about the ship date, and he casually told me that the listed ship date of the 9th was wrong, and that the Triple.fis won't be restocked until the 19th. He did offer free 1-day shipping, but I still feel shortchanged. I'm guessing that Amazon got flooded with requests for discounts after people read about the success that some had, and decided to make sure all reps knew not to dole out any credits.

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #78 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was initially not impressed with the TripleFi 10s... I thought they really lacked bass altogether. I blamed this on my source - a Blackberry Bold, which sounds pretty good - very crisp and detailed - but I remember noticing a very distinct drop in the bass performance when I switched from my iPhone 1G. So I ordered a Cowon S9.

The S9 has not arrived yet, so I haven't been able to listen to the TF10s with that, however after having spent several days with the TF10s, my opinion has changed quite a bit. I don't know if they've gone through a bit of burn in (As you know, supposedly BA's don't experience burn in) of if my ears have just become accustomed to them, but they sound FANTASTIC. The bass is full and pronounced, and I don't think it's particularly muddy. It could be deeper and have more impact, but it sounds great now. And I think/hope I'll find that extra oomph in the low end with a better player and/or amp.

Also, just to muddy things up a bit: All none of my regular TripleFi 10s say anything about Logitech on the box, nor do they have the 10Hz - 17kHz printed on the case. But all of my TripleFi 10vi's do have both.

You are correct about the Blackberry Bold. I have one too and it isnt the best source for your music. There is an audio hiss that distorts the sound. Even an Ipod sounds much better than a Bold and it isn't the best PMP.

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #79 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncoduyen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are correct about the Blackberry Bold. I have one too and it isnt the best source for your music. There is an audio hiss that distorts the sound. Even an Ipod sounds much better than a Bold and it isn't the best PMP.

better be careful. lots of people consider the 1st gen shuffle to be a great source.

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #80 of 101
My pair came defective.. At high volume, the left side has so much rattle that I can’t even understand the vocals. I have to wait 2weeks until they get more in stock before they ship me an exchange box. At low volume the bass isn’t as tight and warm as I was expecting.. as of now, I too agree: RE0>TF10

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #82 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj nellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I told the rep that I knew of people who were able to get this credit, and he just acted like he didn't know what I was talking about.

That tactic works as well with a CSR as "all the other kids get to do it" does with good parents.

Dec 10, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #84 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by xoqiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also missed the $99 amazon gold box sale , If TF10 in this price I think I am intrested in it .

I doubt it will be at this price again... hence, your proper use of "missed"...

Dec 10, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #85 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you take no for an answer?

I sent them an e-mail last night asking if they would honor the $50 rebate even though I ordered just a few hours before the rebate came into effect. Late last night I got a form letter restating the terms of the rebate and saying I wasn't eligible. So when they sent a follow up e-mail asking if my question was answered I said No, and used the "call me" function. I explained the situation to the CSR, told him about the changing ship dates and the rebate issue and asked if he could honor the rebate for me since it's not going to ship until the 22nd.

2 minutes later I have a $50 credit.

Also, remember it's easier to catch flies with honey than it is with vinegar. Being a CSR can be a crappy job. Make their experience on the phone with you a good one that makes them smile and they'll do almost anything for you.

Very well stated!! I also find that it rarely works with a CSR when you approach them about what they did for others. It should always be about what they can do to make YOU, the loyal customer, happy. In never mentioned that I heard others got rebates. I just dealt with them changing the original delivery date they set (I was suppose to get mine in two-day shipping). So deal with the CSR pleasantly with the circumstances presented to you. It may not always work, but I think you have a better chance going in that direction.

Dec 10, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #86 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnXioZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received mine from Logitech. I am coming from Klipsch Image S4.

My initial impression (from a bass head)
I bought my S4s for 77$ from BestBuy and I was really pleased with the sound quality and the bass response. After a week I see that the TF10 are selling for 99$ and of course I jump on the train. I received them today and tried them out with the types of music that I mostly listen to, which are RnB, Vocal Trance, etc bass-centric.

Now, I am not entirely sure that I got a perfect seal but from what I can feel I think its pretty good. I'm using the comply foam tips. Being the bass head that I am, the first thing I'm searching for is the bass response. To my disappointment the bass was there, but it simple lacks the punchlines and depth that I want it to have. Compared to my S4, I would definitely go with the S4's here. The treble is extremely clean on the TF10 and I can definitely pick a lot of details that my S4 might have overshadowed.

Another thing to note is the size and comfort level of the TF10 compared to the S4. The TF10 are bulky headphones thats for sure, whereas the S4's are quite small compared to the TF10. The comfort level and easiness of "just putting them and start listening" of the S4 is incomparable. The S4's are just so easy and comfortable to use, there is absolutely no comparison to the bulky TF10.

Overall I am not impressed with the TF10, and I will be probably trading them for a more bass centric IEM, like the Atrio M5 or a Sennheiser IE8 (although I don't know if someone would want to trade their IE8's for a TF10).

Based on your comments, then I would look no further than the Sennheiser IE8s. I am currently listening to Michael Buble's Christmas album and the bass is as close to my full sized Denon D7000s of any other headphone (full sized or IEM). Just amazing!

Dec 10, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #88 of 101
Anyone else try putting the buds in on the opposite ear? I find this to fit better in the ear, and it also doesn't have the buds sticking way out of your ear like dumbo. This may have been brought up in the past before, and I'm sorry if this an old subject. This may not work with those of you with really small ears. I have upgraded to these after my Shure E4c broke on me, and they were over the ear like these but marked the way I wore them. The same geometry and everything on these but marked opposite of how I am used to wearing them. If it does work, the comfort, seal, and overall experience would be improved. Thanks

Dec 10, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #89 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they silicone or foam? Could you provide a link to them or a picture, please?
normal_smile .gif

the tips are silicon. they look like standard dynamic driver IEM tips except they are thicker in material as well as stiffer. when i wear regular dynamic tips, i feel they fold (like plugging a hole with a napkin) but with the v-moda tips i feel no fold what so ever.

shop v-moda - fittings

i believe you can find some on ebay for a good price as well as choose the size you like.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #90 of 101
Hmm. Well I'm not unhappy with mine, but I'm still working on a fit. I get a good seal with the complys that were included. But I'd like to try a hybrid. Does anyone have one I could try??? Please

also how do I get the $10 dollars back by declining the magazine??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back