Anyone else not happy with the TripleFi10's?
Dec 9, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #31 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mm, no. That lettering was only on the first production run of the triple.fi 10 Pro. Only 100 of them, IIRC.

are you sure?

my roommate bought 3 pairs TF10vi's from amazon and they all have this lettering.

however, the pair of TF10vi's that i bought don't have this lettering.... also on my box it says "ULTIMATE EARS IS A LOGITECH COMPANY" on the bottom, while his boxes do not have this.

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #32 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mm, no. That lettering was only on the first production run of the triple.fi 10 Pro. Only 100 of them, IIRC.

The lettering on the metal case that's included?

Mine has UE indented on the front and ultimate ears on the back?

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #33 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthecheese /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The lettering on the metal case that's included?

Mine has UE indented on the front and ultimate ears on the back?

he's speaking of engraving:
http://images.trustedreviews.com/ima...1-IMG3494s.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by EraserXIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you sure?

my roommate bought 3 pairs TF10vi's from amazon and they all have this lettering.

however, the pair of TF10vi's that i bought don't have this lettering.... also on my box it says "ULTIMATE EARS IS A LOGITECH COMPANY" on the bottom, while his boxes do not have this.

Then it sounds like he got old stock that were made prior to logitech.

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #34 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by karmalaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) I emailed Amazon last night very, very nicely and lamented that I had just missed the $50 rebate by just a couple of hours and asked if anything could be done. I've been an account holder for YEARS (I didn't tell them that -- I figured they'd know). I woke up this morning to be surprised by a $50 credit.

2) I received a promotional email today that said if I purchased any amazon gift card of $50 or more I'd receive a $5 credit by the end of the month. So I purchased the $50 GC then applied it to my order which is supposed to ship tomorrow. To use this promotion you have to be the recipient of the email directly from amazon.com.

Voila, $45 TF10vi !

I don't expect most people can duplicate this though.

Thank you for the pointer. I just emailed them and they duplicated it within FIVE MINUTES!!!

Makes me wish I'd purchase multiples for gifts!

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #35 of 101
I've been using akg 271s for years now and have got quite used to the sound. When I started using UE TF 10 I couldn't believe how much brighter the akg 271s was and I thought the TF 10 sounded muddy in comparison. I'll give the UE TF 10 some time and hopefully I'll get used to the sound.

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #36 of 101
The first triple.fi I bought was when Ultimate Ears was still its own company. The case looked the same as it does now, sans this black felt stuff inside. UE logo on the front, and on the back "ultimate ears" and the website URL right underneath.

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #37 of 101
Quote:

1) I emailed Amazon last night very, very nicely and lamented that I had just missed the $50 rebate by just a couple of hours and asked if anything could be done. I've been an account holder for YEARS (I didn't tell them that -- I figured they'd know). I woke up this morning to be surprised by a $50 credit.

2) I received a promotional email today that said if I purchased any amazon gift card of $50 or more I'd receive a $5 credit by the end of the month. So I purchased the $50 GC then applied it to my order which is supposed to ship tomorrow. To use this promotion you have to be the recipient of the email directly from amazon.com.

Voila, $45 TF10vi !

I don't expect most people can duplicate this though.

I don't understand. The $50 rebate is exclusively for orders placed from 12/5 to 12/8 when the price is $149.99. How can you possibly MISS the rebate if you ordered before that (with a price of $99.99)?

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #38 of 101
I have found nothing on the non custom iem market that sparkles like the Ety ER4s. That's not to say I don't enjoy all of my iem's(see sig). Sometimes I like mustard, sometime mayonaise, sometimes hot sauce.

There all different, but they are all very good.

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #39 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChanSP1970 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand. The $50 rebate is exclusively for orders placed from 12/5 to 12/8 when the price is $149.99. How can you possibly MISS the rebate if you ordered before that (with a price of $99.99)?

Don't worry about it. It doesn't affect you.

Dec 9, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #40 of 101
Quote:

Don't worry about it. It doesn't affect you.

Quite nicely put
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have found nothing on the non custom iem market that sparkles like the Ety ER4s. That's not to say I don't enjoy all of my iem's(see sig). Sometimes I like mustard, sometime mayonaise, sometimes hot sauce.

There all different, but they are all very good.

Definitely agree with you on that.

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #43 of 101
Well, I followed what the young lady Karmalaw did on Amazon.com and now I too have a pair of originally $400 earphones for $50 (yes! $50 not $100). In my case, I was promised a ship date of Dec. 9th, 2009, since I'm a Amazon Prime member. They sent me an email saying that it would be another week or two, so I inquired about the rebate since I have to wait beyond the the date told to me initially, and they granted me the $50 rebate. I have no doubt these will be the BEST $50 IEMs I've ever (or will ever) own! Oh happy day...2009 was a rough year, but now it's ending with a SONIC BANG!!

OWNS: Shure E530... Etymotic HF5... Denon AH D2000 (the Etymotic's are my favorite, and I'm a basshead, so go figure?....lol)
atsmile.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #44 of 101
Remember that you can sometimes use those $50 (depending on what kind of credit they gave you) to buy an amazon gift card for equal value which gives you a further $5 credit. Add to that the $10 rebate from declining the Wired subscription and you're talking $400 headphones for $35. (assuming you intend to buy more things from Amazon at some point in your life.)

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #45 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnybobiche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember that you can sometimes use those $50 (depending on what kind of credit they gave you) to buy an amazon gift card for equal value which gives you a further $5 credit. Add to that the $10 rebate from declining the Wired subscription and you're talking $400 headphones for $35. (assuming you intend to buy more things from Amazon at some point in your life.)

Thank you @ sonny, but $50 works just fine for me. I won't press that good fortune any further...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back