Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?
Dec 23, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #62 of 828
I guess I'm an old-fart.  I drift in and out here.  Watched the change from CDs to iPods/computers as sources and the growth of IEMs.

Dec 23, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #63 of 828
Since I turn 61 [LXI] in a few days, I might just be an old fart - been around here a while too, but I don't visit like I used to.  These days, headphones rest on my head only a little more often than my fez, and I haven't had that on since the last meet I attended...

"A churro is the ideal snack food."  Or not.  Here in C-bad, there is a store which sells fresh churros among the other baked goodies.  Tried one.  Still no like.  Asiago cheese bagels forever!

Dec 24, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #64 of 828
speaking of pretzels and churros, anyone remember this thread? A classic.

Since I stopped reading this forum every day I've saved quite a bit of money. Still, nice to come back :) Though I'm not really one of the "old farts" I guess

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #65 of 828
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/161903/churro-versus-pretzel

for us newbies

EDIT: I just read through that whole thread, and I think I just wasted 10 minutes of my life that I'll never get back

On that note though, TEAM CHURROS!

No. Pretzels forever. They're so much more versatile.

I think I might have, stupidly, tried to revive the war last year.

And to avoid completely derailing this, what's happened to redshifter? He, kirosia, rednamalas (I know he left after getting his Quads), and that guy with the platypus foot avatar (gah I always forget who you are I'm sorry!) always made for a good laugh.

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #66 of 828

Quote:
speaking of pretzels and churros, anyone remember this thread? A classic.

Since I stopped reading this forum every day I've saved quite a bit of money. Still, nice to come back :) Though I'm not really one of the "old farts" I guess

....looks like it came out of someone's acid trip vision...

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #67 of 828
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/168584/what-you-don-t-want-to-see-flying-over-your-house

^^^To anyone who wants to know the meaning of it.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #70 of 828
Churros are nothing but empty calories and I can't believe Mr. Green is now defending Hitler as a "great leader". He was a narcissistic, genocidal maniac and we'd all be better off with celery sticks with peanut butter on top. So there.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #71 of 828

Quote:
And to avoid completely derailing this, what's happened to redshifter? He, kirosia, rednamalas (I know he left after getting his Quads), and that guy with the platypus foot avatar (gah I always forget who you are I'm sorry!) always made for a good laugh.

You mean Mjg? He moved on, and I believe he was technically the founder of Pretzel-ism. As for redshifter, he was here physically a few days ago, though his mind is long gone. 

Quote:
A churro is the ideal snack food.

*Eagerly awaits Kirosia's response*

I haven't had a churro in many years, but a pretzel just a few weeks ago. I have learned the ways of harmony, and now know that both have a place in the hearts of Head-Fi. *Points to Jude's blog post with the Churro/Pretzel stands* 

Dec 24, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #72 of 828
Quote:
And weren't there some really good ones??? I remember Pink Floyd going nuts....Ah the good ol days.
Nac...

http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=6202

Oh, we have fun over there. Honestly one of the nicest blokes I've dealt with - sent me a rather nice Neutrik jack free of charge amongst other things.

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #73 of 828
Quote:
Quote:

You mean Mjg? He moved on, and I believe he was technically the founder of Pretzel-ism. As for redshifter, he was here physically a few days ago, though his mind is long gone.

I believe he means Samgotit.

If we are presenting some of the fun from the past:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/254520/a-story-one-sentence-at-a-time

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #74 of 828
Another June 2001'er here :)

Not here as much as I used to be, just work / commute

Dec 25, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #75 of 828
Wow, great thread. I've been lurking since '05, joined in '06. It was really interesting seeing head-fi become what it is today, who'd have thought a niche headphone hobby would get so popular? Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back