1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. Kirosia
    Stop trying to libel Kirosia

2. lextek Contributor
    I guess I'm an old-fart.  I drift in and out here.  Watched the change from CDs to iPods/computers as sources and the growth of IEMs.

3. Lazarus Short
    Since I turn 61 [LXI] in a few days, I might just be an old fart - been around here a while too, but I don't visit like I used to.  These days, headphones rest on my head only a little more often than my fez, and I haven't had that on since the last meet I attended...

"A churro is the ideal snack food."  Or not.  Here in C-bad, there is a store which sells fresh churros among the other baked goodies.  Tried one.  Still no like.  Asiago cheese bagels forever!

4. skudmunky
    speaking of pretzels and churros, anyone remember this thread? A classic.

kittybosebroadswordmp0.jpg

Since I stopped reading this forum every day I've saved quite a bit of money. Still, nice to come back :) Though I'm not really one of the "old farts" I guess

5. Ishcabible

No. Pretzels forever. They're so much more versatile.

I think I might have, stupidly, tried to revive the war last year.

And to avoid completely derailing this, what's happened to redshifter? He, kirosia, rednamalas (I know he left after getting his Quads), and that guy with the platypus foot avatar (gah I always forget who you are I'm sorry!) always made for a good laugh.

6. buffalowings

Quote:

....looks like it came out of someone's acid trip vision...

7. Ishcabible
    http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/168584/what-you-don-t-want-to-see-flying-over-your-house

^^^To anyone who wants to know the meaning of it.

8. BobSaysHi

Quote:

It's a shame almost every picture in that thread is broken. 

9. upstateguy

'04 for me. :D. Nice to see some of the old crowd. :D

USG

10. grokit
    Churros are nothing but empty calories and I can't believe Mr. Green is now defending Hitler as a "great leader". He was a narcissistic, genocidal maniac and we'd all be better off with celery sticks with peanut butter on top. So there.

11. Kirosia

Quote:

You mean Mjg? He moved on, and I believe he was technically the founder of Pretzel-ism. As for redshifter, he was here physically a few days ago, though his mind is long gone. 

Quote:
    I haven't had a churro in many years, but a pretzel just a few weeks ago. I have learned the ways of harmony, and now know that both have a place in the hearts of Head-Fi. *Points to Jude's blog post with the Churro/Pretzel stands* 

12. JoetheArachnid
    Quote:

http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=6202

Oh, we have fun over there. Honestly one of the nicest blokes I've dealt with - sent me a rather nice Neutrik jack free of charge amongst other things.

13. Happy Camper
    Quote:
     I believe he means Samgotit.

If we are presenting some of the fun from the past:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/254520/a-story-one-sentence-at-a-time

14. Duncan Moderator
    Another June 2001'er here :)

Not here as much as I used to be, just work / commute

15. That dude
    Wow, great thread. I've been lurking since '05, joined in '06. It was really interesting seeing head-fi become what it is today, who'd have thought a niche headphone hobby would get so popular? Haha.

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last