Why yes I do,

Electronic music is ALL I listen too
Drum & Bass/Dance is my favorite (sry)

Dubstep, IMO just overrated
It already in mainstream and advertising commercials
I used to listen to it often, not as much anymore

DT990 600ohms/E9+E7
Perfectly happy

Very nice set up. I too am a fan of D&B. I like alot of the chilled stuff.(liquid). How do you think the DT990s do with sub bass?

Aug 14, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #17 of 92
Real audiophiles don't listen to dubstep through headphones, they listen to it through a speaker setup with nice subwoofers. Even the bassiest headphones can't compete with subwoofers when it comes to bass-heavy electronic music.

That said, you might want to check out the Sony XB1000. 

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #19 of 92
never heard the HD800, but dubstep is fun on my HD650's with my HeadRoom desktop amp. there is plenty of bass.

Quote:
I wonder what it'd be like to listen to dubstep on the HD800... LCD-2, Stax?

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #20 of 92

Quote:
I wonder what it'd be like to listen to dubstep on the HD800... LCD-2, Stax?

LCD was nice when I had an hour with them the other day, nowhere as deep and heavy as the Pro 900s, but really nice in quality.

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #21 of 92
The Ultrasone HFI2400 offers big surround soundstage and shows good details in muisc with deep punchy bass(highely recommended). The Matrix M Stage, Matrix Quattro and E7+E9 willbe better pick for these headphones.

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #22 of 92

Quote:
Real audiophiles don't listen to dubstep through headphones, they listen to it through a speaker setup with nice subwoofers. Even the bassiest headphones can't compete with subwoofers when it comes to bass-heavy electronic music.

That said, you might want to check out the Sony XB1000. 

you obviously haven't heard the ultrasone pro 900's

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #26 of 92
One would think listening to dub step would be a physical experience on a good stereo system. Very deep bass is more felt than heard - pants flapping, chest thumping and all that. With something like 2 JL fathom f110s and unlimited dynamics it should be very dramatic. However, surprisingly, it is not as impressive as some rap or pipe organ music. I suspect most of the bass in dub step don't go much below 40 hz.

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #27 of 92

Quote:
umm... I have actually. But this isn't my opinion about which headphone is bassier though, it's a matter of physics. It's impossible for headphones to reproduce subbass frequencies the same way subwoofers do.

i have felt various headphones rumble on my head so much i thought they would fall off, you should really stop buying that sony crap and try some real headphones.

Quote:
One would think listening to dub step would be a physical experience on a good stereo system. Very deep bass is more felt than heard - pants flapping, chest thumping and all that. With something like 2 JL fathom f110s and unlimited dynamics it should be very dramatic. However, surprisingly, it is not as impressive as some rap or pipe organ music. I suspect most of the bass in dub step don't go much below 40 hz.

There are plenty of songs that go below even 20Hz, dubstep is a genre that is based on well bass!

Aug 15, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #28 of 92

Quote:

You'd be surprised. Maybe not brostep. But plenty of dubstep songs do. 

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #30 of 92

I agree.

Quote:
One would think listening to dub step would be a physical experience on a good stereo system. Very deep bass is more felt than heard - pants flapping, chest thumping and all that. With something like 2 JL fathom f110s and unlimited dynamics it should be very dramatic. However, surprisingly, it is not as impressive as some rap or pipe organ music. I suspect most of the bass in dub step don't go much below 40 hz.

But it doesn't give you that chest-punching feeling. Listening to dubstep on full-sized speakers is way better than on headphones.

Quote:

i have felt various headphones rumble on my head so much i thought they would fall off, you should really stop buying that sony crap and try some real headphones.

There are plenty of songs that go below even 20Hz, dubstep is a genre that is based on well bass!

What concerns me is that the surround sound option on my laptop increase the bass limit to about 43Hz.
With surround sound, I can go as low as 18-20Hz, below that all there is is a soft hum, which I suspect is 
noise in the recording. 

Quote:
LCD was nice when I had an hour with them the other day, nowhere as deep and heavy as the Pro 900s, but really nice in quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back