Anedio D2 DAC release
Oct 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #1,066 of 1,416
Quote:
anyone use HD650 with d2??? Then, How loud do you listen with them?? my case, around 40 is good for modern music, but classical music isn't enough even 60. Do i need to get amp???

What about going higher than 60? It goes to 99... and don't forget the internal jumper which allows for higher output. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #1,069 of 1,416
After about 8 hours on it. The impressions so far is SMOOTH...that's only word I would like to describe D2. I have DX100 which uses the same chip.  They somewhat have similar sound signature. But I have to admit that D2 sounds smoother with more liquidity to the sound. D2 just sounds super flat which doesn't have any of the little edgy sound that DX100 has.The bass control is better and more powerful with more depth.

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #1,074 of 1,416
Just received my Anedio D2. Works great, except I can not shutdown my speaker output (XLR) when I use my headphone. Does it work the same way for you, or when you plug your headphone the XLR or RCA outputs automatically shutdown? Do you need to do anything to shutdown the XLR/RCA outputs when you want to use the headphone?

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #1,075 of 1,416
Quote:
Just received my Anedio D2. Works great, except I can not shutdown my speaker output (XLR) when I use my headphone. Does it work the same way for you, or when you plug your headphone the XLR or RCA outputs automatically shutdown? Do you need to do anything to shutdown the XLR/RCA outputs when you want to use the headphone?

I think it is a case where both the line out and headphone jack are always active. So when I use the internal amp, I just power down whatever amp I might have connected to the XLR or RCA outputs. 

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #1,076 of 1,416
Thanks project86, so it looks like having the line out and headphone running at the same time is the normal operation for the Anedio D2. So your suggestion of powering down the power amplifier is good. I would prefer to keep my power amplifier on though, so that it stays warm.

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #1,078 of 1,416
Why would that hurt your headphones? is it too loud? like hurting your ears or something? cuase if that were the case im wondering why you want to go louder...

I've heard that too loud sound can break phone's driver unit. That's what i worried about.

That's strange, if you feel that you need to push past 60 with classical, it's obvious that classical at 60 is still less loud than pop at 40.
Besides, how do you think an amp is going to solve your volume issues? By getting the headphone to play louder, that's how.
Incidentally, that can also be done by turning up the volume on the Anedio D2.

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #1,079 of 1,416
How good is the built-in amp for HE-500 or T50RP (Paradox)? Versus Lyr, for example?

The lyr goes louder and drives more headphones but the D2 amp is better in everything else. You can compare it with the V200 in quality. It's excellent for your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back