Anedio D2 DAC release
Nov 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #1,096 of 1,416
Quote:
Anyone have word when the next batch of D2's might be shipping? I emailed them a week ago to see if it would be possible to pre-purchase or if they had any idea how long their backlog is, but haven't received a response. I'm envious of anyone whose business is good enough that they don't feel the need to respond to customers, but as the customer I have to say it's a little annoying that they can't be bothered take a minute or 2 to compose an email and/or take my money.

you should just buy my d1 :p

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #1,097 of 1,416
It's a small business...I found them to be a little slow in responding..but always attentive and answering my questions thoroughly..and professionally. ..be patient..it isn't Amazon. There is no arrogance on the other end...and..oh..the D2 is worth being a little patient for!

Nov 22, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #1,098 of 1,416
Quote:
It's a small business...I found them to be a little slow in responding..but always attentive and answering my questions thoroughly..and professionally. ..be patient..it isn't Amazon. There is no arrogance on the other end...and..oh..the D2 is worth being a little patient for!

Good point. When you don't get a reply from some company, you tend to assume they already read your email and chose not to reply. And possibly laughed at you. Maybe that last part is just me. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Anedio is a very small family company who tries to balanced customer service with assembling their devices, along with designing future products, troubleshooting and repair for existing customers, and the occasional day off for sanity. They would love to have an immediate response for all inquiries but something has to give. From experience, sometimes the answer can take up to a week to arrive, but when it does it will be detailed and thorough enough where it was worth the wait. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #1,100 of 1,416
Quote:
Anedio sound's good. All other things are not important.

It's controversal statement. Good customer service is always quite important, especially for small and not-so-well-known companies. It's easy to say the way you did when you have already bought something, but bad service may become a deal breaker for someone else. Here in Russia there are many good technically educated DIY'ers, but the way they interact with potential buyers is awful.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #1,101 of 1,416
Quote:
It's controversal statement. Good customer service is always quite important, especially for small and not-so-well-known companies. It's easy to say the way you did when you have already bought something, but bad service may become a deal breaker for someone else. Here in Russia there are many good technically educated DIY'ers, but the way they interact with potential buyers is awful.

well how they interact to their customers is up to them to be honest "we have the right to refuse service" implications :p

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #1,103 of 1,416
I am just poking a little fun here.....P86...if you are watching a football game..and the team gets in a huddle...do you immediately think they are talking about you? LOL!

Depends. Are any of them holding a DAC or headphone amp, trying to explain it to their teammates? Is there a custom IEM involved? I can just hear them now... "well, Project86 said it sounded warm so I don't know what to tell you".

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #1,104 of 1,416
Ah...a sense of humor!!...(for all we know..they could just be down on the field with retrofitted Sennheisers in their helmets! )
BTW...I agree with everything you said about Annedio as a company....a little patience is well rewarded. So many do not have that these days and IMHO they MISS a lot.

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #1,105 of 1,416
I don't mean to downplay people's feelings though. If you email a company about their product, and never hear back, or just aren't satisfied with the answer based on content or time to reply.... by all means, move on and find something else to buy. You gotta be comfortable when you spend a considerable sum of cash on a product. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #1,106 of 1,416
I'm not impatient, but it's been almost 2 weeks and all I hear are crickets....I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps they didn't receive my original message and try again.

The only other DAC I'm really interested in is the Benchmark DAC-2 and that's a fair chunk more expensive than the Anedio, though it does decode DSD downloads which is something the D2 can't (though that isn't a feature I would consider worth an extra $530 for).

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #1,107 of 1,416
Quote:
I'm not impatient, but it's been almost 2 weeks and all I hear are crickets....I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps they didn't receive my original message and try again.

The only other DAC I'm really interested in is the Benchmark DAC-2 and that's a fair chunk more expensive than the Anedio, though it does decode DSD downloads which is something the D2 can't (though that isn't a feature I would consider worth an extra $530 for).

have you heard of the mytek 192? I heard a fair great things about it and it's similar to both the anedio and the bm dac-2

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #1,108 of 1,416
WOW...Bmac...2 weeks is a long wait...!!!.....I think I waited about a week..I had some questions about the new jumpers in the last batch of D2's...I got a detailed answer and then was sent detailed instructions with images not long after I received my unit....slow...but on target.

Nov 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #1,109 of 1,416
Quote:
WOW...Bmac...2 weeks is a long wait...!!!.....I think I waited about a week..I had some questions about the new jumpers in the last batch of D2's...I got a detailed answer and then was sent detailed instructions with images not long after I received my unit....slow...but on target.

new jumpers? Elaborate, I wasn't told about any of this O_O

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #1,110 of 1,416
Azynneo,
I inquired with the gentleman at Annedio (whose name escapes me) about the output gain compatibility of the D2 to my tube amp. My primary use of the D2 is with a power amp and speakers. Before the last batch of D2's Annedio would custom set the output gain for your specific equipment if needed. As of the last batch, there are jumpers in the unit so the gain can be set by the consumer.
Hope that makes sense...I am new to this and I am relying on my memory here (which is always suspect. LOL!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back