Anedio D2 DAC release
Dec 10, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #1,126 of 1,416
Anyone here ever tried the Denon AH-D7000 headphone with the Anedio D2 DAC ?

I have the D2 (love it !)  and considering purchasing a pair of D7000. Would that be a good match ? I think the D7000 are pretty amp friendly.

Thanks
Riker

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #1,127 of 1,416
I use a Lawton LA7000 which is a modified D7000, and the D2 drives it in spectacular fashion. The D7000 certainly doesn't need any added bass bloom - especially in stock form. The D2 provides an exceptional "just the facts" presentation which in my opinion really lets the strengths of the Denon shine through. At least, the LA7000 works that way. Some people find the stock model recessed slightly in the midrange, or too hot on top, and look for an amp to fix those issues. The Anedio will certainly not do that for you. So it depends on what you're looking for.

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #1,128 of 1,416
Thanks Project86. I think this will be a good match. What am I looking for ? well perfection of course LOL !

Seriously, as I mentionned on another thread, my Primary goal is comfort followed very closely by sound quality. I tend to like low end energy, good mids and detailed highs, but not harsh or overly bright. Detail retrieval and sound stage are also nice to haves, but not number one for me.

Looking forward to getting them in a week or so..

Cheers
Riker

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #1,129 of 1,416
Quote:
I use a Lawton LA7000 which is a modified D7000, and the D2 drives it in spectacular fashion. The D7000 certainly doesn't need any added bass bloom - especially in stock form. The D2 provides an exceptional "just the facts" presentation which in my opinion really lets the strengths of the Denon shine through. At least, the LA7000 works that way. Some people find the stock model recessed slightly in the midrange, or too hot on top, and look for an amp to fix those issues. The Anedio will certainly not do that for you. So it depends on what you're looking for.

By the way Project, I'm curious on how the ad2k's sounded on your d2, and also how the concero compared to the d2. Mind shining some light here?

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #1,131 of 1,416
I think it is reliable. I have use it for half a year, but do encounter any problem. The only thing I think is not convenient is that I set volume to 99 to pass the preamp but each reboot, it will become 81, then I need to add to 99 again.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #1,132 of 1,416
I have had my D2 for only a couple of months and its all good. I wish I could say the same for my Woo Audio CD Transport...It just took a trip to Brooklyn to have the on/off switch (quite a swanky one at that..hidden in the front left leg of the unit), replaced. Apparently, they have been having an issue with this. At any rate ...it is giving my D2 a rest. One thing I love about the D2 Is the volume knob..it allows me to balance out my amp, sub and speakers just right and then I can turn the whole enchilada up and down in volume from the D2 and keep the balance between the powered sub and the amp-driven speakers right were I set it!

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #1,133 of 1,416
Quote:
have you heard of the mytek 192? I heard a fair great things about it and it's similar to both the anedio and the bm dac-2

Has anyone done a comparison review between the Mytek and the D2? It seems that there are a lot of features in common and the prices are pretty close.

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #1,134 of 1,416
Would Audeze LCD 2 Rev 2 sound really good on Anedio D2 ?

I am considering LCD2 Rev 2 (don't have the heart to pay $2K for LCD3)

Anyone with the LCD2R2 - Anedio D2 combo ?

Thank you

Riker

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #1,135 of 1,416
Quote:

Has anyone done a comparison review between the Mytek and the D2? It seems that there are a lot of features in common and the prices are pretty close.

Yep, such comparison could be really nice. Here on head-fi Mytek is well praised while russian owners were disappointed by it's performance.

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #1,136 of 1,416
Quote:
Would Audeze LCD 2 Rev 2 sound really good on Anedio D2 ?

I am considering LCD2 Rev 2 (don't have the heart to pay $2K for LCD3)

Anyone with the LCD2R2 - Anedio D2 combo ?

Thank you

Riker

I was using that combo yesterday, and it was a great match. I like my $1K Violectric amp more, but the D2 by itself is still very enjoyable. 

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #1,137 of 1,416
Quote:

I was using that combo yesterday, and it was a great match. I like my $1K Violectric amp more, but the D2 by itself is still very enjoyable. 

Thanks Project86.

Initially I had my eyes on a pair of Denon AH-D7000 but they got sold before I could pull the trigger. Now there is a pair of LCD2R2 (new) up on canuck audiomart that I am considering. My only hesitation is comfort, they are big and heavy and that worries me a bit. Also for sale is a pair of T1 but those I already tried and they sound really good, a bit light in bass and I did not find them all that comfortable. From what I have read, the LCD2R2 have really good bass, which is important to me, but also good mids and highs as well. I am sure I would be very happy with the sound quality of the cans, it's the size and weight that worries me.

What is your opinion regarding comfort ?

Thanks so much,
Stephane

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #1,138 of 1,416
Quote:

Of your inventory of equipment are there any DACs that you consider to be superior to the D2?

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #1,139 of 1,416
Quote:
Thanks Project86.

Initially I had my eyes on a pair of Denon AH-D7000 but they got sold before I could pull the trigger. Now there is a pair of LCD2R2 (new) up on canuck audiomart that I am considering. My only hesitation is comfort, they are big and heavy and that worries me a bit. Also for sale is a pair of T1 but those I already tried and they sound really good, a bit light in bass and I did not find them all that comfortable. From what I have read, the LCD2R2 have really good bass, which is important to me, but also good mids and highs as well. I am sure I would be very happy with the sound quality of the cans, it's the size and weight that worries me.

What is your opinion regarding comfort ?

Thanks so much,
Stephane

I'm probably not the best person to ask about comfort - I'm 6 foot 3 and have a correspondingly large cranium that my neck has grown accustomed to supporting. What's another 5 or 6 hundred grams? 

I do find that the latest LCD-2 with the angled cables and the leather pad is more comfortable than the prior iterations. But it's still no HD700 (the most comfy headphone I can think of right now). Do you have any way of trying one before you buy? If not, you can always resell it on the same forums if it ends up being intolerable.

Quote:

Of your inventory of equipment are there any DACs that you consider to be superior to the D2?

Nope. Not my expensive MBL, nor the several Esoteric units prior, nor the Audio GD Reference 7 I had on loan last year. The closest thing I've heard would be the Resonessence Labs Invicta. But I had an early production model and was comparing against a D1, so the latest Invicta versus D2 is an unknown to me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back