Anedio D2 DAC release
Oct 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #1,051 of 1,416
Quote:
Weird question, has anyone ever tried plugging higher impedance cans, like beyer 600ohm series or HD650s, directly into the XLR plugs on the back? and if so, howd they sound?

I haven't heard of anyone doing it, though it's theoretically possible. The XLR out has an impedance of 80 ohms. That means you wouldn't want to use 300 ohm Sennheisers with it, as the damping factor would be too low. But with 600 ohm Beyers and such it would come very close to the ideal minimum damping factor of 8. So it would probably work just fine. Any benefit compared to the front panel headphone jack? Doubtful but you never know. 

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #1,052 of 1,416
I scrounged up an abandoned Dell laptop at work that's running XP and loaded a trial version of JRiver MC and hooked it up to the D2 via a Wireworld Ultra Violet (1 meter) while I wait for my SBT to get here.

With the Senn HD-650's running out of the headphone jack I'd rate the performance somewhere between 8 and 9 on a scale of 1-10. With perhaps sound stage and bass clarity being the major weak spots.

For those users that have upgraded to the SBT+EDO, an Audiophilleo or Legato is the improvement pretty substantial over a straight laptop?

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,053 of 1,416
With CD quality, my Audiophilleo 2 + Purepower it is a noticeable improvement, but not huge. On Hi-Rez it is huge. Night and day difference. I also have a Aqvox, but I hear no improvement with the SBT+EDO. I think the Anedio D2 galvanic isolation does it is supposed do and very well.

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #1,054 of 1,416
I scrounged up an abandoned Dell laptop at work that's running XP and loaded a trial version of JRiver MC and hooked it up to the D2 via a Wireworld Ultra Violet (1 meter) while I wait for my SBT to get here.

With the Senn HD-650's running out of the headphone jack I'd rate the performance somewhere between 8 and 9 on a scale of 1-10. With perhaps sound stage and bass clarity being the major weak spots.

For those users that have upgraded to the SBT+EDO, an Audiophilleo or Legato is the improvement pretty substantial over a straight laptop?

Are you using SPDI/F (computer clock) or USB (D2 clock) connection?

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #1,056 of 1,416
Just received the squeezebox touch and installed the EDO-Enhanced Digital Output app. Whoa! I love it! Even the internet radio sounds great. I played some flac files and they all sounded really good. Now I need to add a usb-spdif asynchronous converter, so many choices. I am leaning towards the legato but am looking at others as well. Is there a big differance among the converters? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #1,057 of 1,416
Quote:
I'm choosing between D2 and Violectric V800. 
Which would be better with HD800 in pair?

I am probably very late with an answer but I can tell you that the V200 is better with the HD 800 not because it is in my signature but because I have the D2 here and compared both setups. Project86 might agree on the V200 being especially better on the lower end. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #1,058 of 1,416
Hi,

My D2 just shipped, and i'm so exciting, now!!

and, I'm looking for headphone. 

How does D2 drive HD800 or T1??? I just order 4 Vrms one.

If i get HD800 or T1, i'd better get another amp???

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #1,059 of 1,416
Quote:
Hi,

My D2 just shipped, and i'm so exciting, now!!

and, I'm looking for headphone. 

How does D2 drive HD800 or T1??? I just order 4 Vrms one.

If i get HD800 or T1, i'd better get another amp???

I own the D1 and it drives the HD800 superbly.

I'm in the process now of experimenting a bit with cables and EQ'ing to get the kind of sound I want but I think the HD800 directly out of the Anedio could turn out to be a really good minimalistic combo.

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #1,063 of 1,416
Got my D2 today....what can I say.......Best source I ever heard in my life (of course it will be, it's my first serious desktop Dac)...
beerchug.gif

I thought it's gonna be somewhat bright.from early impressions and D1 impressions. The high is smooth as hell~~~ Extremely neutral to my ears from bottom to top. Whatever I feed it with... It delivers. There is no hiss on any of my IEMs (sensitive or not sensitive)...The bass control is really super.

Thank you Anedio! I am a indeed happy customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back