Anedio D2 DAC release
Mar 22, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #256 of 1,416
I cannot get into the Anedio web-site from multiple locations and devices. Anyone else having this problem?

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #258 of 1,416
The web-site is back up.

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #259 of 1,416
It is indeed. I was kind of hoping Anedio had disappeared off the face of the earth so I didn't have to think about spending twice as much on a DAC as I thought I would lol. Gah. I just can't find anything else that attracts me as much. M-DAC - cheaper only if you don't think about buying all these upgrades for it that are coming out (why don't I trust anything that uses a power brick PSU?) and I read mixed impressions about it having 'that Audiolab house sound'. D18 - had to return because of the transformer hum being unavoidable. Then it's quite a jump to the other Sabre-based DACs and the Anedio just seems refreshingly BS-free, it looks nice and the pre-amp section implementation means I could do away with my TC Level Pilot (less wires between source/speakers is always a good thing). I just can't find a way of NOT wanting to get it other than the price... but surely it's better to just get a quality DAC that you'll want to keep for the forseeable future than keep buying and selling ones that are slightly more expensive than the last.
blink.gif

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #263 of 1,416
I just got mine on 3/22. I received an email from Anedio on the 15th with a paypal invoice.  Seems like it took forever, I originally attempted to order it at the end of January. They also got my address wrong so I had to contact UPS to just have them keep it at the distribution center so I could just pick it up. I have unwrapped it and played a few songs through it, my impressions so far: smooth with amazing detail. I'm happy with my purchase. I need to let it play a bit before I compare it with my other DACs (Schiit Bifrost and Ayre QB-9).

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #264 of 1,416
Hello edfortune...

Thanks for your comment... We will be waiting for the comparison between Andedio D2 and your others DACs... If you could put info about the rest your audio equipment and audio application will be great too.

Best regards

Edgar Puglisi

Post> Thanks to Project86 for your previous answer to my post... Greetings from Maracaibo - Venezuela

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #265 of 1,416

Listening to the D2 via USB using JRiver for a day now, it's a pretty impressive little DAC.  I compared against a few vinyl and finally had to admit the differences has greatly reduced, I use an LP12.  But I would also say it's still miles behind from top notch anlogue like Transrotor or Da Vinci table.  But then,they would not be at fair comparion from price point perspective.  Even my fully loaded LP12 is still almost many times more expensive.  From DAC to DAC comparison, this little gems stand up tall against MSB or dCS and Berkely, I would not be ashame to put them side by side anytime. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9609046@N06/7010210499/

Cheers !
Dominic

Mar 24, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #266 of 1,416
How much does a stock LP12 go for? I can't seem to find a straight answer via various reviews. 

I just heard about it a few days ago from another member here. I assume yours is well liked?

Quote:

Listening to the D2 via USB using JRiver for a day now, it's a pretty impressive little DAC.  I compared against a few vinyl and finally had to admit the differences has greatly reduced, I use an LP12.  But I would also say it's still miles behind from top notch anlogue like Transrotor or Da Vinci table.  But then,they would not be at fair comparion from price point perspective.  Even my fully loaded LP12 is still almost many times more expensive.  From DAC to DAC comparison, this little gems stand up tall against MSB or dCS and Berkely, I would not be ashame to put them side by side anytime. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9609046@N06/7010210499/

Cheers !
Dominic

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #267 of 1,416
Hello everybody,

Any thoughts on U2--->V800--->V200  vs D2 dac--->V200 for streaming 24/192 from imac. current headphone D7000 ( with HD-800 and LCD3 on the list :)) . Music ( classical, soft rock and electronic). Is V200 an overkill when combined with D2 Dac. ( btw I just started this hobby and I am not sure My ears are trained enough to hear the difference, SQ wise). Thanks everybody I almost purchased the V800/V200 last night, But i found out about the streaming 24/192 via USB to V800 issue, started the search for a converter which led me to Anedio U2 and :) D2 Dac. Amazing Hobby :)

Mar 26, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #268 of 1,416

.... Probably because no one  buy a "new" LP-12 these days.  Even if there is, I wonder what configuration a new one would really means, is a basic or is it a Cirkus equivalent ?  Does it come witha Lingo powers supply by default ?   Those are probably some of the factors why no one know what it cost.  But it is a very easy question to answer, just call up a dealer :)

Quote:
How much does a stock LP12 go for? I can't seem to find a straight answer via various reviews. 

I just heard about it a few days ago from another member here. I assume yours is well liked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back