Android phones and USB DACs
Feb 12, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #7,906 of 9,526
  The internal app "My Files"? It pops up automatically after handshaking with my USB HD drive.

I could not access my USB drive thru UAPP when I manipulate it rapidly before the 'My Files" pop up.

Using Galaxy Note 3 BTW.

After the drive has been recognized/accessible, does UAPP then operate as normal? i.e. are you able to then designate the external storage as the Local Folder in UAPP's settings?

I am getting this to work with ES File Explorer, but only one single track at a time can be selected/played and then I have to go back into the ES Explorer app to make a new selection. UAPP cannot see the external storage in terms of selecting it as the Local Folder.

My device is not a Samsung and thus does not have the "My Files" app, but I'm willing to try other File Managers if better functionality can be achieved than just the single track at a time access I'm getting with the ES File Explorer app.

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #7,907 of 9,526

Does hibymusic support outputting in 24 bit? I have some 24 bit music files and my Fiio E17 supports 24 bit, but hibymusic says that it is outputting in 16 bits.

“XX bit” showed on the play interface is the bit depth of the song. A information box will appear when you long press the play interface, and "XX bit" here refers to outputting.

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #7,908 of 9,526
So am I right in saying that marshmallow will upsample all audio to 192khz if it detects an external dac that can play 192khz files?

Is there a way to disable this upsampling other than bypassing it through an app like the onkyo hf player?

Feb 16, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #7,909 of 9,526

After the drive has been recognized/accessible, does UAPP then operate as normal? i.e. are you able to then designate the external storage as the Local Folder in UAPP's settings?

I am getting this to work with ES File Explorer, but only one single track at a time can be selected/played and then I have to go back into the ES Explorer app to make a new selection. UAPP cannot see the external storage in terms of selecting it as the Local Folder.

My device is not a Samsung and thus does not have the "My Files" app, but I'm willing to try other File Managers if better functionality can be achieved than just the single track at a time access I'm getting with the ES File Explorer app.

Sorry for the late reply..YES once the drive has been recognized I could operate UAPP normally and shuffle the directories I want. Hibymusic recognizes it too...

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #7,911 of 9,526
YES! UsbDriveA is my Samsung M3 (2.5inch) 2TB portable drive. 

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #7,912 of 9,526

“XX bit” showed on the play interface is the bit depth of the song. A information box will appear when you long press the play interface, and "XX bit" here refers to outputting.

yea I know that. Here's a picture of hiby outputting my 24 bit music file as 16 bit. 

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #7,914 of 9,526

I hate how samsung is bringing back an old feature (micro SD card slot), that used to be standard, and we're supposed to be happy about it.

So they can no longer gauge us over the cost of expanded memory? Cool, but where's my replaceable battery?

I'm not criticizing you, this is more a criticism of Samsung (and Apple).

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #7,915 of 9,526
So am I right in saying that marshmallow will upsample all audio to 192khz if it detects an external dac that can play 192khz files?

Is there a way to disable this upsampling other than bypassing it through an app like the onkyo hf player?

Yes and yes (UAPP works too), Android 5 & 6 upsample which has a bad effect on my Sony Z3c, haven't tried other phones as transports. Apparently Samsung phones make better transports...

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #7,916 of 9,526
Can someone please tell me how I can make my Mojo play music using the Hiby Music player on my ASUS Zenfone 5? I've tried playing music through the Onkyo Player and it works fine (I just selected the "USB device" option in the "Output" section of the settings menu). But I can't seem to find the same one in the Hiby Music player menu. Has anyone figured that out? I would appreciate any help.

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #7,917 of 9,526
I've sorted out the issue with the Hiby player for Android devices so I'll post it here in case anyone needs it. You have to launch the Hiby Music player and leave it on (don't minimize or close the app), then connect Mojo to your Android device and wait for a confirmation message to appear. Tap the ok button (that will allow the application to stream music through Mojo) and enjoy any sample rate you want.

Feb 28, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #7,918 of 9,526
Onkyo player seems to lack bass impact, hiby player has punch in the music. Tried to like the onkyo for its equalizer but prefer the sound of hiby. It has caused my phone to reboot a few times though due to driver issues when changing sample rate.

Mar 2, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #7,919 of 9,526
I don't know if it this is new or already present in the previous versions (cause since I started using UAPP a kind to forget about it)..NEUTRON PLAYER HAS FINALLY A USB DRIVER.

Can upsample by material to 24/384....It cracks/rattles however at higher resolutions (no buffer settings).

Pics to follow.

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #7,920 of 9,526
  I don't know if it this is new or already present in the previous versions (cause since I started using UAPP a kind to forget about it)..NEUTRON PLAYER HAS FINALLY A USB DRIVER.

Can upsample by material to 24/384....It cracks/rattles however at higher resolutions (no buffer settings).

Pics to follow.

Sadly it's not working with Mojo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back