Android phones and USB DACs
Jan 3, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #3,856 of 9,526

Interestingly (sorry if this has been covered) the Snapdragon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 allows charging of the Fiio E17 (from the phones battery) whilst playing back...

This is on stock firmware
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, it's not surprising. I guess that'd work on any device with otg. It works on my Nexus 7 '13 too.

For a phone this IS surprising - the Note 3 puts out a lot more charge than other phones via USB OTG (it can spin up and use large 1TB+ external drives because of this).

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #3,858 of 9,526
Just some misc dabbing around but I've gotten the following to work :-

1) Samsung Galaxy J SC-02F (NTT Docomo version) with Tralucent Dac Amp One prototype with Google Music Player and default Samsung player
2) Samsung Galaxy J SC-02F with Apex Glacier in low power mode but only with USB Audio Player Pro (demo) and intermittently
3) Sony NW-ZX1 with Apex Glacier with Sony's default player using the Sony USB DAC cable

Both Android devices didn't work with the Resonessence Labs Herus unfortunately.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #3,861 of 9,526
  Just some misc dabbing around but I've gotten the following to work :-

1) Samsung Galaxy J SC-02F (NTT Docomo version) with Tralucent Dac Amp One prototype with Google Music Player and default Samsung player
2) Samsung Galaxy J SC-02F with Apex Glacier in low power mode but only with USB Audio Player Pro (demo) and intermittently
3) Sony NW-ZX1 with Apex Glacier with Sony's default player using the Sony USB DAC cable

Both Android devices didn't work with the Resonessence Labs Herus unfortunately.

What is the 'sony USB DAC cable'? I have an Xperia Z and am having a great deal of trouble getting my Fiio E07K to work reliably...

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #3,862 of 9,526
I'm having problem with UAPP. 1.0.3. WHEN I try to start it i got a license error ...

The error is "error contacting server"

Edit.
I did a syncronization in google account and now it's ok.

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #3,863 of 9,526
Jan 3, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #3,865 of 9,526
I'm having problem with UAPP. 1.0.3. WHEN I try to start it i got a license error ...

The error is "error contacting server"

Edit.
I did a syncronization in google account and now it's ok.

I had a same problem. I contacted with Davy;

"Android settings -> Accounts -> Google -> select account -> menu -> Remove account, and added it again, it started working again."

Thanks for him.

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #3,867 of 9,526
I had a same problem. I contacted with Davy;

"Android settings -> Accounts -> Google -> select account -> menu -> Remove account, and added it again, it started working again."

Thanks for him.

Thanks for him ... ok but this is very annoying.
This license control is no good.
I like program very much, but I paid for it and I don t like to remove my google accounts or if I don t have an internet connection at moment.... I have to stop to use the program

Jan 3, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #3,868 of 9,526
Thanks for him ... ok but this is very annoying.
This license control is no good.
I like program very much, but I paid for it and I don t like to remove my google accounts or if I don t have an internet connection at moment.... I have to stop to use the program

Yes you all right.
I sad to him the same thing.
He's work on it.
I can't help more sorry.

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #3,869 of 9,526
Jan 3, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #3,870 of 9,526
I don't know if are all in the DaNBa list, however I found to be working (audio out from these devices) the following :
Note2 android 4.3 >> usb otg >> Allen & Heath Zed10
note2 android 4.3 >> usb otg >>M-audio Mobile Pre
Note2 android 4.3 >> usb otg >> behringer xenix Qx1002usb
Note2 android 4.3 >> usb otg >> rEdirol UA-1-EX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back