1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Android phones and USB DACs

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nztechfreak, Feb 9, 2012.
First

Back
530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539
541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550
Next

Last
  1. hariznordin
    both phones using 5.1.1

2. Joe Bloggs Contributor

Try installing build.prop editor and reading the contents of build.prop (this shouldn't require root). There may be a key under "Unknown" called "af.resampler.quality". Let us know what the value of this key is set to?

3. hariznordin
    it's not there.. Kindly advise

4. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    You could try the audio files listed in this test:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/audio-resampler-quality-android-builds-t3325779

5. REXNFX
    I doubt you can fix it then, transports do sound different.

6. ClintonL
    Got an e17 hooked up to my phone using OTG and wondering how loud i should set it on my phone then how loud i should set it from the e17?

Cheers

7. NickyaKillah
    Hey anyone know where to find a replacement Micro USB-Micro USB that came with the e18? Just lost mine

8. SpiderNhan
    You can try this one.

http://www.ttvjaudio.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=AAT0000200

Or if your don't mind waiting a month, these are great. I use them with my Vamp Verza.

http://s.aliexpress.com/vARzuAVJ

9. NickyaKillah
    Thanks man. Ive been searching forever but every solution was bulky af.

10. NZtechfreak
    Anyone here tried the new Dragonfly/s? I love the form factor of the first and used it a lot with my phones despite the power draw, keen to try the new ones.

11. SpiderNhan
    Never heard the old Dragonflies but I use the Red with a 1st Gen. Galaxy Note running CM 12.1. The phone has been repurposed as a dedicated DAP and serves no function other than audio player. No SIM card, no WiFi. Just airplane mode, USB Audio Player Pro and music. Battery drain is about 1%-3% higher per hour than through the phone's headphone out using Viper4Android Super Audio Quality driver, and I have never run out of battery before getting back home to charge. Going by the built-in battery meter I'll get around 8 hours of continuous playback with the screen off. It's not great battery life, but most high-end DAPs have similar run times.

On my Galaxy S6 Active the drain is slightly more. Around 4%-6% per hour but I've never tested it just sitting around in airplane mode, so LTE, GPS, etc. are still active. The Red is pretty powerful, too. Now I can amble about my apartment with the Q701 while dragging a 10-foot neon green cord behind me and not worry about sacrificing sound while I'm chopping onions.

12. drakhen
    Firstly, I am sorry if this is a stupid question and this is the wrong place to ask it (I have searched Google extensively). I was wondering if there is a mini device that would plug into the USB port on my phone and allow me to bypass its volume control and instead adjust it with the device? In other words, instead of the volume being limited to 1-15 steps, I could finetune it with the device. I'm not really concerned about the amp and DAC, as the one in my phone (LG V10) is already very good. If there is such a device, I would like something as small as possible. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

13. Joe Bloggs Contributor

Then I would suggest that you root your V10, install Xposed framework and then install VolumeSteps+. This lets you have any number of volume steps right on your phone. I set mine to 150 steps.

14. bixby
    any dac/amp with a physical volume control, search it up!

15. drakhen
    Quote:

Thanks but unfortunately VolumeSteps+ doesn't work with either of my phones (one because I can't root it and the other due to something with the audioeffect.apk).

Thanks, but I was hoping for a recommendation. Something as small as possible that won't colour the sound signature of the phone too much.

First

Back
530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539
541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550
Next

Last