Android phones and USB DACs
Apr 28, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #8,056 of 9,526
I seem to be having lots of dramas with OTG on my HTC One M8 with Chord Mojo.  I have tested this with the stock HTC ROM (6.0) and the Google Play Edition ROM.

The problem is that every 10 - 15 seconds, I get a pop / click which is pretty noticeable.  I'm playing music with Spotify (I'm a premium subscriber).

I'm using the original Mojo cable with a micro USB -> female USB cable I got on eBay for a few bucks.

Has anyone had any good or bad luck with the HTC One M8?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm simply thinking of switching to iPhone again to get this going smoothly.

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #8,057 of 9,526
  I seem to be having lots of dramas with OTG on my HTC One M8 with Chord Mojo.  I have tested this with the stock HTC ROM (6.0) and the Google Play Edition ROM.

The problem is that every 10 - 15 seconds, I get a pop / click which is pretty noticeable.  I'm playing music with Spotify (I'm a premium subscriber).

I'm using the original Mojo cable with a micro USB -> female USB cable I got on eBay for a few bucks.

Has anyone had any good or bad luck with the HTC One M8?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm simply thinking of switching to iPhone again to get this going smoothly.

Do you also experience this when playing files that are locally stored? If so, could you try putting the M8 in Airplane mode to see if that helps. I know that won't solve the Spotify problem, but may help pinpoint the issue.

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #8,058 of 9,526

Do you also experience this when playing files that are locally stored? If so, could you try putting the M8 in Airplane mode to see if that helps. I know that won't solve the Spotify problem, but may help pinpoint the issue.

Thanks so much for the reply.  I have noticed the same problem using the Onkyo Music Player, but I haven't tried it with Wifi off .etc.  I'll give it a go in a moment and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again! :)

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #8,059 of 9,526

Thanks so much for the reply.  I have noticed the same problem using the Onkyo Music Player, but I haven't tried it with Wifi off .etc.  I'll give it a go in a moment and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again! :)

Make sure to try it with the USB Audio Player PRO trial as well (with WiFi off and on).

Apr 30, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #8,060 of 9,526
Hi everyone.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) and have been trying to use my Fiio X5 as a DAC with it. Unfortunately, though I´m using an OTG cable which came with the Fiio, I only get a very distorted sound from the Samsung. Anyone had more luck with this combo ?
Thanks for any reactions,
Ivan

Apr 30, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #8,061 of 9,526
Have you tried using the following apps? HibyMusic, USB Universal Audio Player, Neutron MP or Onkyo HF?

Apr 30, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #8,062 of 9,526
  Have you tried using the following apps? HibyMusic, USB Universal Audio Player, Neutron MP or Onkyo HF?

That would be USB Audio Player PRO...
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #8,063 of 9,526
Sorry Davy my bad! 
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #8,066 of 9,526
  VE Monk – The $4.99 miracle:
http://www.headfonia.com/review-ve-monk-4-99-miracle/
http://www.head-fi.org/t/783669/venture-electronics-ve-monk-monk-plus-a-5-earbud-that-taking-the-world-by-storm/15#post_11983748

Motorola Moto G smartphone >> Cozoy Aegis USB DAC/amp >> VE Monk earphones

Yup. And those are the original Monks. The Monk+'s are even better.

May 5, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #8,067 of 9,526
Should the new Audio Quest Dragonfly Red, interwork with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (European and non-rooted) without the need for USB Audio Pro or alike?
Should it support streaming (Spotify, Pandora) with no issue?

Thanks

May 10, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #8,069 of 9,526
  Does anyone know if the Creative Sound Blaster E1, E3, or E5 will connect to an Xperia Z3 Compact as it's host?

Chatted with Creative they said I gotta ask Sony...

The E series contain two USB ports. You need to connect a USB OTG cable to the Z3 compact and then a normal USB cable from full-size USB to micro-USB and connect it to the micro-USB port of the SoundBlaster. We have both the Z3 Compact and E1/E3/E5 in the compatibility list of USB Audio Player PRO.

May 12, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #8,070 of 9,526
Wanted to share this from the Chord Mojo thread, as a potential shot in the dark/solution to the aggravating native android upsampling:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/17475#post_12574337

Hoping for an S7 edge root soon, truly love my S7 edge and have never been happier with any other phone just wish I could disable native upsampling and then it'd be a perfect source for my Mojo.  I use the wonderful UAPP, but I want to be able to funnel everything (youtube, stitcher, bandcamp, etc) directly to Mojo bypassing the in-built DAC and upsampling. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back