1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Android phones and USB DACs

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nztechfreak, Feb 9, 2012.
First

Back
531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540
542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551
Next

Last
  1. bixby
    Anyone have experience with these new phones and whether they have OTG capability?

Samsung J7  EDIT:  Yes

LG K10  EDIT:  Not sure

2. SpiderNhan
    You can try Poweramp Alpha 703 or USB Audio Player Pro. They each have their own volume step settings. Poweramp gives you increments of 30, 50, 76 and 100 while UAPP gives you 20, 40 and 50.

drakhen likes this.
  3. music4mhell
    Is there any way to control the upsampling of USB audio to 192 Khz ?

4. Schmasen
    Moto E 2nd Gen LTE (XT1524 Surnia) --> USB-OTG cable --> Fiio Q1 - no chance
    USB device info just giving info on USB root hub if otg cable inserted. Q1 not even detected with y-cable and extra power supply, regardles of attached before booting or whatever, also tried with USB-OTG-connection via breadboard to be really sure it's not the wiring in between.

Moto E 2nd Gen LTE (XT1524 Surnia) --> USB-OTG cable --> Fiio E17K Alpen 2
    strange random drops, rather often
    Same for CM13 (AICP ROM) and Motorola XT1524 Stock Android 6.0: direct USB driver of Neutron Player working really bad, switching direct usb access off working better, but not too good - working good for a whole album in FLAC then dropping once (because of touching volume buttons of moto or entering options on Fiio) and subsequently dropping again steadily within seconds or minutes until restarting phone. Actually I checked back on a Sony Z1 Compact with Android 5.1 with some purchased whatever-player and standard Sony-Android-USB-DAC-support and connection was flawless, regardless of using phone volume buttons or entering the options on the Fiio.

Sony Z1 Compact --> USB-OTG cable --> Fiio E17K Alpen 2
    flawless

5. willywill
    I am very happy with the Moto E that i bought 2 week ago, it work flawless with the Sony PHA3 and Fiio E18, i put around 4 hours a day without any hiccups, I have the VZW model

6. REXNFX
    cool, how would you say the sound compares to the ZX2? TIA!

7. gnarlsagan

Looking for an answer to this as well. I'll be trying like hell to get it to work later this week.

8. MothAudio

Where can I find if my Samsung Galaxy Avant supports USB?

9. bixby
    try the search function here on headfi, there is no better place to find that data

10. hariznordin
    my problem has not resolved.. Help...the only difference I can find is the output for BT is so much better than my previous phone.. Help

11. Joe Bloggs Contributor

Have you tried the audio files listed in this test?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/audio-resampler-quality-android-builds-t3325779

Both files should sound the same (a clean sine sweep from low to high). If you can hear warbling over/undertones with one of the files, that points to a problem with Android resampling on the device and you need to root it and add the af.resampler.quality parameter I mentioned to try to fix it.

12. willywill
    I haven't try the Moto E, i only use it to feed a DAC/AMP but it should'nt be that bad for $25 nobody can't complain

13. ProtegeManiac Contributor

Like I said before, it's likely a software issue. You'll have to request XDA Devs for example to look into what the problem might be.

14. hariznordin
    how to do so?

15. ProtegeManiac Contributor

Look here if there are any root instructions for your phone: http://www.xda-developers.com/root/

If none exists, go into the forum and discuss the issue with your phone there.

First

Back
531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540
542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551
Next

Last