Android phones and USB DACs
Apr 3, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #6,528 of 9,526

Hi,

I am trying a version of this setup -- Galaxy S4 using UAPP >> powered USB Hub connected to a Seagate 2TB USB hard drive >> ifi Micro iDSD DAC >> Headphones.  My 2 TB hard drive is formatted with the NTSF file system, so I had to root the Galaxy S4 and install Paragon app to be able to view the files on the drive. The problem is, I still can't access the files from UAPP, and UAPP will not play any files on the hard drive if I try to play them from a file manager like ES File Explorer. I can play the files using the standard music playing apps, but of course the sound is output through the Galaxy speakers, not the ifi Micro iDSD. 

My question to Danba or to anyone else using a similar setup - What file system are you using on your external hard drive - Fat32? Has anyone been able to use UAPP with an external drive or SD Card formatted with the NTSF file system?

Thanks very much.

The file system of my 2TB portable USB hard drive is exFAT.

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #6,530 of 9,526
guys can u use viper4android with usb dac connected to android phone, for example

i want to connect my phone to an ifi micro dsd and play music through onkyo can i use the viper4android on the onkyo player

anyone can help in the above

Apr 3, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #6,534 of 9,526
I feed my apex glacier over usb with my htc one m8 lollipop running v4a. Changing the EQ in viper does affect downstream what comes out of the amp, only confusing thing is on my htc one m8 its the "Phone Speaker" tab in viper that affects it and not the "USB/Dock" tab. Think this might be an HTC thing

Quote:
  anyone can help in the above

Apr 3, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #6,535 of 9,526
Apr 3, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #6,536 of 9,526
I use Noozxoide EIZO-rewire PRO and have success with it. Haven't tried V4A.

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #6,538 of 9,526
I just gave Hiby a shot - no good. Tried mounting the external drive at various mounting points, but it was not visible in Hiby.

Sorry to hear that. I just thought that it already has many storage features, so it may have been capable doing that too.

EDIT:After I sleep out my going out session I will try things on my SGS3. I also have a idsd micro and a 500gb ultrathin hdd.

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #6,539 of 9,526
Hi all
I have upgraded my Xperia Z3 compact to Lollipop 5.0.2 and my Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 was recognized immediately (using the Sony EC310 OTG cable and charging through the magentic charging connector).
Using USB Audio Player Pro, the samplerate of the source material (88.2 and 96kHz) gets passed to the Dragonfly correctly
Using the Sony Walkman app, 88.2kHz material gets transcoded to 96kHz. 96kHz gets passed as 96kHz
Has anyone else seen this effect?

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #6,540 of 9,526
  Hi all
I have upgraded my Xperia Z3 compact to Lollipop 5.0.2 and my Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 was recognized immediately (using the Sony EC310 OTG cable and charging through the magentic charging connector).
Using USB Audio Player Pro, the samplerate of the source material (88.2 and 96kHz) gets passed to the Dragonfly correctly
Using the Sony Walkman app, 88.2kHz material gets transcoded to 96kHz. 96kHz gets passed as 96kHz
Has anyone else seen this effect?

nice, not shure if i'll go lollipop when it hits my Z1 though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back