Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Oct 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #1,996 of 6,061

i will think about ef6

the EF-6 does a very nice job driving the HE-6's

Ive always been wanting to hear the EF-6

Send it over Cam 
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #2,005 of 6,061
Well, I have finished my First Watt F5 amp and I just want to say it was well worth the effort. Not only am I hearing things I haven't heard before so clearly, I don't need to crank the HE-6 up to get it to sing. The F5 brings much musical enjoyment at lower levels than all other amps I have tried. It's commonly known that one has to crank up the HE-6 a bit for it to come alive. Not so with the F5. Not only is it incredibly transparent, there's also a hint of organic warmth thanks to its expertise in musical articulation. I'm not sure if that warmth is a sonic fingerprint of the amp, or something that was missing before, but it sure is pleasing. Up until now, the best I have heard the HE-6 was from a 300wpc McIntosh amp retailing for $7k. The McIntosh was amazingly clear and intelligible with a ton of bass. However, the bass was almost too overpowering with the short time I had with it, leading me to believe it was just too warm and probably be fatiguing after an hour or more. The F5 is an entire notch above in terms of clarity and intelligibility, with just the right amount of bass. The frequency extension in the treble is endless and effortless, possibly outperforming the revered HD-800. I still need more listening time to come to that personal conclusion. That's it for now, but consider me extremely impressed by Mr. Pass' passionate obsession with simple circuitry combined with hitting the sweet spots of these FET-based amplifiers. I am now officially a fan.

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #2,008 of 6,061
  Well, I have finished my First Watt F5 amp and I just want to say it was well worth the effort. Not only am I hearing things I haven't heard before so clearly, I don't need to crank the HE-6 up to get it to sing. The F5 brings much musical enjoyment at lower levels than all other amps I have tried. It's commonly known that one has to crank up the HE-6 a bit for it to come alive. Not so with the F5. Not only is it incredibly transparent, there's also a hint of organic warmth thanks to its expertise in musical articulation. I'm not sure if that warmth is a sonic fingerprint of the amp, or something that was missing before, but it sure is pleasing. Up until now, the best I have heard the HE-6 was from a 300wpc McIntosh amp retailing for $7k. The McIntosh was amazingly clear and intelligible with a ton of bass. However, the bass was almost too overpowering with the short time I had with it, leading me to believe it was just too warm and probably be fatiguing after an hour or more. The F5 is an entire notch above in terms of clarity and intelligibility, with just the right amount of bass. The frequency extension in the treble is endless and effortless, possibly outperforming the revered HD-800. I still need more listening time to come to that personal conclusion. That's it for now, but consider me extremely impressed by Mr. Pass' passionate obsession with simple circuitry combined with hitting the sweet spots of these FET-based amplifiers. I am now officially a fan.

As the official Brunk 'creations' tester I will PM you my address. I noticed a few people trying to cut in line. Anyway, be sure to send the HE-6 along with it...Peace

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #2,010 of 6,061
  Great to hear about your experience!
beerchug.gif

Yeah those Pass amps sure does work good with the HE-6 
biggrin.gif

As the official Brunk 'creations' tester I will PM you my address. I noticed a few people trying to cut in line. Anyway, be sure to send the HE-6 along with it...Peace

Haha yes it is very nice indeed! Hey nk77, I'll be sure to send that right on over! 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back