Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
Oct 11, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #1,951 of 6,061
  Lol I can live with that title, so long as i get fed. 
tongue.gif

we shall feed you rice n BEANS, and maybe some cake every now and again

nah jk

but I would love to get an amp built by you! Just... need the MONEY for one >.> That and sadly my AGD will last be a LONG time... I'm thinking at least 2 years. Man once I get a LD MK VI+ I am DONE with amps till I get my own house! 

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #1,952 of 6,061
  we shall feed you rice n BEANS, and maybe some cake every now and again

nah jk

but I would love to get an amp built by you! Just... need the MONEY for one >.> That and sadly my AGD will last be a LONG time... I'm thinking at least 2 years. Man once I get a LD MK VI+ I am DONE with amps till I get my own house! 

Haha lol, I'll be one gassy guy. You'll never be done with amps, NEVER! 
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #1,953 of 6,061
evil_smiley.gif

Oh yea your right about that, but like literally I have no more room eltrically for another amp. Hell getting a tube I run the risk of blowing up my house atm. It's an old house and it does not like the upwards of 1000w I am already pulling out in my room atm 

that an my land lord has a cow every time I get a new amp.... 

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #1,954 of 6,061

If you're interested in a DIY amp, I can be your DIY slave lol if you want to work out a deal. Just send me a PM :)
:beerchug:

All in favor for nominating Brunk as our community DIY Slave <3. I'll stick with this thread for a while, and ONE day I WILL be able to afford one of those beauties 

I did like the J2, but I would have to stick with Balanced Amps for the rest of my time in this hobby 
I've had brunk whip me up a few cables and adapters. I can guarantee you his work comes with some of the highest quality I've experienced. I can only imagine how wonderful his amps will be.

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #1,955 of 6,061
evil_smiley.gif

WHERE DO YOU LIVE, if you do not mind sharing. ANd country would be all that is nessicary 
I've had brunk whip me up a few cables and adapters. I can guarantee you his work comes with some of the highest quality I've experienced. I can only imagine how wonderful his amps will be.

:O I do need some one to recably me BELOVEDED w1000x at some point... although I am spoiled with Frank of Toxic cables TIGHT braiding and cable construction 

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #1,956 of 6,061

evil_smiley.gif
 Coming Attractions... "When brunk attacks!"

Looking for tix, 'Silent One' joins the queue...
popcorn.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #1,958 of 6,061
  Oh yea your right about that, but like literally I have no more room eltrically for another amp. Hell getting a tube I run the risk of blowing up my house atm. It's an old house and it does not like the upwards of 1000w I am already pulling out in my room atm 

that an my land lord has a cow every time I get a new amp.... 

Damn, don't want to do that! You could always unplug the fridge and heater to allow more juice for your amps 
biggrin.gif

Thanks Ken! I do take major attention to detail when building a project. I do it as if it were my own, and that means it will always be overkill in some form or another :)

WHERE DO YOU LIVE, if you do not mind sharing. ANd country would be all that is nessicary 
:O I do need some one to recably me BELOVEDED w1000x at some point... although I am spoiled with Frank of Toxic cables TIGHT braiding and cable construction 

I live smack dab in the middle of the USA. Frank has some serious skills, I'm not sure if I can match his quality, but the critical materials are always the best i can obtain for a sane price.

evil_smiley.gif

popcorn.gif

Woo Hoo, I'm a star! 
tongue.gif

Brunk is building up a big busines here, maybe Brunk will be the new Schiit?

PS: Pics of the new Schiit Ragnarok out now:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/667711/new-schiit-ragnarok-and-yggdrasil/640_20#post_9880261

I would be surprised if could drive the HE6. It looks like a WiMP.

"Brunk Audio", "I make Schiit and stuff" 
tongue_smile.gif
 Ooh nice pics. I'm more curious about the Ygg myself though. I've had my fill of Circlotron... for now :)

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #1,959 of 6,061

evil_smiley.gif

popcorn.gif

Woo Hoo, I'm a star! 
tongue.gif

Though, I've not yet had my bowl of afternoon tea, it's okay we can start the conversation without it. So, what would you like to build for my new HE-6?

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #1,960 of 6,061
Quote:

Though, I've not yet had my bowl of afternoon tea, it's okay we can start the conversation without it. So, what would you like to build for my new HE-6?

Ooh, so you want a nice beast of an amp too? Hmm, if you want something truly special that is worthy of Silent One's beautiful HE-6, I would have to say the F5 Turbo v2 would be a total knockout 
evil_smiley.gif
 It's basically a souped-up F5 that has 50W per channel into 8 ohms. If you're feeling the need to go all out, and have the amp double as a stove for your tea kettle
wink_face.gif
, 100W per channel monoblocks hehe. 

Then of course you can go with the standard F5 like I am that's 25W per channel with extremely low distortion and a bandwidth of DC-1 megahertz and still be able to not feel like you're in desert when in your listening room lol.

If you want tubes well...assuming i don't die in the process 
eek.gif
 I would make  300b monoblocks if it were me. Ooh, now THAT has my gears spinning.

evil_smiley.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #1,961 of 6,061

Ooh, so you want a nice beast of an amp too? Hmm, if you want something truly special that is worthy of Silent One's beautiful HE-6, I would have to say the F5 Turbo v2 would be a total knockout 
evil_smiley.gif
 It's basically a souped-up F5 that has 50W per channel into 8 ohms. If you're feeling the need to go all out, and have the amp double as a stove for your tea kettle
wink_face.gif
, 100W per channel monoblocks hehe. 

Then of course you can go with the standard F5 like I am that's 25W per channel with extremely low distortion and a bandwidth of DC-1 megahertz and still be able to not feel like you're in desert when in your listening room lol.

If you want tubes well...assuming i don't die in the process 
eek.gif
 I would make  300b monoblocks if it were me. Ooh, now THAT has my gears spinning.

evil_smiley.gif

When I finally get that bowl of delicate green tea in 90 minutes, I'll begin looking over the First Watt stuff and models to learn just what you and preproman are discussing. Have any links or pix of 300B builds you've done or would like to? How it looks, matters (somewhat, sometimes)...

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #1,962 of 6,061

When I finally get that bowl of delicate green tea in 90 minutes, I'll begin looking over the First Watt stuff and models to learn just what you and preproman are discussing. Have any links or pix of 300B builds you've done or would like to? How it looks, matters (somewhat, sometimes)...

Actually, I have been looking pretty hard at several different 300b designs. The sad part is that i was cleaning out the 100's of bookmarks i had the other day quite hastily and removed my top contender. I'm going to dig it up right now and report back to you :)

If you have any questions about the First Watt stuff, just let me know and I can lead you to some good resource material.

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #1,963 of 6,061
Adam,

The distortion on all the FW amps are very low.  Also Nelson says the distortion is of the 2nd harmonic.  I think the NoiseuV may be more important than the distortion.  I could be wrong.  
eek.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #1,964 of 6,061
  Actually, I have been looking pretty hard at several different 300b designs. The sad part is that i was cleaning out the 100's of bookmarks i had the other day quite hastily and removed my top contender. I'm going to dig it up right now and report back to you :)

If you have any questions about the First Watt stuff, just let me know and I can lead you to some good resource material.

Found it! The Interstage Mono Block PSE 300B / SE 300B SET Monoblocks 

For a less ambitious 300b tube amp, I like the Damn Good 300b SET amp

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #1,965 of 6,061
  Adam,

The distortion on all the FW amps are very low.  Also Nelson says the distortion is of the 2nd harmonic.  I think the NoiseuV may be more important than the distortion.  I could be wrong.  
eek.gif

Yeah, in the grand scheme it is a really small number. Either way, all his stuff his great. He has definitely earned his reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back