Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Oct 21, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #47 of 704
Edited. Just see what I asked in first post.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #52 of 704
They are the components that I have gone through and opted as the best of what the mass public would love for it to be. It takes a lot of time and resources to play around with these stuff. @edwardsean knows what I am talking about.

tuning from a manufacturing standpoint, and even modifications, are all having to be this way, the way the mass public would accept it. Ofcourse nothing is perfect, and so personally some one may hate it, but similarly to any test and exam, 75% is accepted, then the goal is successes

specifically to tune and cater to someone desires by every bit, it would need a lot more. From the comprehension of one desires, and desires of which, how....etc....etc.. This is where I originally published the EX modifications as a DIY project. If you can work on it, then you can keep on working on it, and then find your desires....tune it toward your own specific personal goals. The same as cables and everything else..

I hope I answered your question

Many thanks for your detailed answer, yes it answers my question.
When i understand it correct the parts of the Amp8 V2 mod mentioned in this post:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx200-220-amp8-amp1-ex-modifications.898918/page-12#post-15067193

are also used in the Fan Edition. Actually i wasn't aware of the effort in picking the right components for the desired sound signature. But i'm fully confident that the mod is an enhancement over the stock version. As it is your mod, i would also expect and of course accept when its tuned to your personal preferences.
Nevertheless i'm looking forward to have it in my hands and hear it.
Cheers!

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #53 of 704
Vince, just for my curiosity: I remember someone in the main iBasso thread was describing Pentacon’s not reliable soldering to PCB in AMP8 (or AMP4?)and solution how to enforce it.
If it was about AMP8, do you think it is possible to enforce it in fan edition?

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #54 of 704
Vince, just for my curiosity: I remember someone in the main iBasso thread was describing Pentacon’s not reliable soldering to PCB in AMP8 (or AMP4?)and solution how to enforce it.
If it was about AMP8, do you think it is possible to enforce it in fan edition?

Amp8 never had problems with Pentaconn. It is also using the authentic 4.4mm from Pentaconn itself

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #59 of 704
Vince,

Do you know if Ibasso is producing all the Fan Editions in one batch or there are different batches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back