Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Jul 24, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #691 of 704
Since the new DX220MAX has now run out of its 999 initial units (yes, I know, it's truly a sad news !), :astonished:
and I'm sure of it because I have not found any DX220MAX in current stock in the whole Europe, by authorized dealers, including my own country (France),
and this happened in less than 2 months after the launch, (999 units is a too lower number considering to have to contentate all the possibly so much iBasso sounds lovers around the world !).

Do you know if iBasso will soon produce some new Amp8EX-FE units for the DX220 ?
If yes, does someone already knows when the 3rd batch will arrive ?

Thanks a lot for your help !
As far as I know, there are no news regarding the Amp8 FanEdition for any other runs. The last info I had was that Ibasso was done and done with the limited run. Your best bet is to post up wanted thread, or have it modified by 3rd party (both options will be costing higher than the Fan editions)

Jul 24, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #692 of 704

Thank you so much for your help,

I contacted them to ask for their current stock and I'm still waiting their answer...
(according to their DX220MAX webpage, it should be at least one in stock, but I prefer to be sure since some merchants do not follow in time the right number).
I hope that will turn to something good to me ! :beerchug:

As far as I know, there are no news regarding the Amp8 FanEdition for any other runs. The last info I had was that Ibasso was done and done with the limited run. Your best bet is to post up wanted thread, or have it modified by 3rd party (both options will be costing higher than the Fan editions)

OKay, thank you for this important information, I will wait until next monday to see what are my others options...

But if, thanks to precious help of @behemothkat, I would maybe soon be another one lucky owner of the DX220MAX (as you), I really think all will be alright to me for playing my music from the best possible way when on the go, and hope that will be for a long time !

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #693 of 704
Thank you so much for your help,

I contacted them to ask for their current stock and I'm still waiting their answer...
(according to their DX220MAX webpage, it should be at least one in stock, but I prefer to be sure since some merchants do not follow in time the right number).
I hope that will turn to something good to me ! :beerchug:

OKay, thank you for this important information, I will wait until next monday to see what are my others options...

But if, thanks to precious help of @behemothkat, I would maybe soon be another one lucky owner of the DX220MAX (as you), I really think all will be alright to me for playing my music from the best possible way when on the go, and hope that will be for a long time !

if Alex will reply you (I understood he is responsible for iBasso product line in the company), send him greetings from Roman from Budapest :)

Jul 25, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #694 of 704
Since the new DX220MAX has now run out of its 999 initial units (yes, I know, it's truly a sad news !), :astonished:
and I'm sure of it because I have not found any DX220MAX in current stock in the whole Europe, by authorized dealers, including my own country (France),
and this happened in less than 2 months after the launch, (999 units is a too lower number considering to have to contentate all the possibly so much iBasso sounds lovers around the world !).

Do you know if iBasso will soon produce some new Amp8EX-FE units for the DX220 ?
If yes, does someone already knows when the 3rd batch will arrive ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

i missed the 2nd batch as well...

Jul 1, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #697 of 704
Was looking for regular second-hand AMP8 and OCCASIONALLY found one guy with amp8 EX on sale (!) That was the quickest deal ever :) Jeez i didn't expect to find one for my dx220 and now i have it. How many of them were done?
@Whitigir thanks for what you've done man, the sound is not even awesome - it is really somewhere else!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #698 of 704
Jul 4, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #699 of 704
Does anyone know how many amp8exs were done? I saw 100 initially and then there were second batch for one day - are there any numbers? I do want to know how rare is mine)))

BTW Is the output power same as regular amp8?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2022 at 6:37 AM Post #701 of 704
What ibasso dap and amp combination for dx220 ..40 or 300..320 sounds most reference, linear without additional bumps in low end, clear, straight and transparent. Without thickness or additional body. For me it is ideal sound. Is amp8ex as i describe or is there any other combination that sounds similar or beter than 8ex? Question for those who heard am8ex and can compare. Very much appreciate an answer. Thanks

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #702 of 704
Just hopped in to say that I recently switched from edition XS to LCD-X and wanted to say that the amp8EX is killing it, I don't think I really need anything anymore. This is so awesome!

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #704 of 704
So lcd x is better than xs for you with 8ex or what you are saying?
Yes definitely. I thought that maybe 8ex will not be enough for LCD-x to keep it's fantastic dynamics, but no - it runs just perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back