Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Sep 9, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #6,632 of 9,207
Am I missing something. I dont understand, how do the LCD2 lack impact. Can you throw out a few other headphones that have better or strong impact so that I can compare?

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #6,633 of 9,207
Am I missing something. I dont understand, how do the LCD2 lack impact. Can you throw out a few other headphones that have better or strong impact so that I can compare?

Yes please.  I mean other than headphones with a more bloated base I can't think of any with a larger impact than the LCD2's.  Even the 3's are almost the same if not seemingly a little less.  

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #6,634 of 9,207

Yes please.  I mean other than headphones with a more bloated base I can't think of any with a larger impact than the LCD2's.  Even the 3's are almost the same if not seemingly a little less.  

I haven't heard the 3s so I can't comment on those. But from what I've heard and read, the 3s bass have better control, not as bloomy as the 2s. I'm sure the impact is definitely still there. I just find it hard to believe that people think that the LCD2 lack impact, that's just.. So odd..

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #6,636 of 9,207
I think the question here is more about the definition of bass impact as opposed to punch. The LCD-2 can make your skull rattle. That's how I always defined bass impact :)

+1 Ya that base and the smoothness of the overall presentation is what drew me to the LCD's 

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #6,637 of 9,207

The LCD-2 definitely doesn't lack bass impact imo, but there are certainly headphones out there that have more. From my collection, the DT 990, DN-19, and D5000 (the D5000 really makes everything else seem bass light, it's a freak) all have more of what I consider to be bass impact.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #6,638 of 9,207

The LCD-2 definitely doesn't lack bass impact imo, but there are certainly headphones out there that have more. From my collection, the DT 990, DN-19, and D5000 (the D5000 really makes everything else seem bass light, it's a freak) all have more of what I consider to be bass impact.

Yes, Im absolutely certain that there are more beastly impactful cans out there. It just didnt make any sense to me that someone would say that the LCD2 does not have ANY impact.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #6,639 of 9,207
I think the question here is more about the definition of bass impact as opposed to punch. The LCD-2 can make your skull rattle. That's how I always defined bass impact :)
+1

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #6,640 of 9,207

+1

when i turn the WA6-SE up to about 12 o clock with the LCD-2, the bass hits so hard it feels like its gonna rip your ear drums out. 

i guess its kinda confusing to define impact and punch, but the LCD-2 definitely have alot of whatever u wanna call it. 

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #6,641 of 9,207

+1

when i turn the WA6-SE up to about 12 o clock with the LCD-2, the bass hits so hard it feels like its gonna rip your ear drums out. 

i guess its kinda confusing to define impact and punch, but the LCD-2 definitely have alot of whatever u wanna call it. 

+1

Whoever did not get a impactful bass response from the LCD2 should revisit the headphones. Thats where half the fun is.

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #6,642 of 9,207

+1

Dubstep, is your WA6-SE Maxxed out? 

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #6,643 of 9,207
I agree with Chris, the LCD's definitely don't have amazing bass impact but they do have oodles of body

I dont know what set up you have or what music you listen to or even if you bother with eq, but out of my pioneer sa-9500 headphone out, with the bass knob turned a couple notches right, my lcd-2's hit harder than my xb1000's with comparable sub bass but way better mid bass slam/punch/kick whatever.

Set up right, they can hit like closed cans without interrupting or bleeding into the mids

When I listen to burial - truant, wu tang clan - triumph, or phaelah - the cold in you, the bass vibrates my entire skull violently lol

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #6,644 of 9,207
I dont know what set up you have or what music you listen to or even if you bother with eq, but out of my pioneer sa-9500 headphone out, with the bass knob turned a couple notches right, my lcd-2's hit harder than my xb1000's with comparable sub bass but way better mid bass slam/punch/kick whatever.

Set up right, they can hit like closed cans without interrupting or bleeding into the mids

When I listen to burial - truant, wu tang clan - triumph, or phaelah - the cold in you, the bass vibrates my entire skull violently lol

I was thinking more of instant impact of kick drums etc which I guess is more mid-bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back