Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
May 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #6,076 of 9,207
Quote:
IMO&EXP again, I have to say both LCD2v.2,3 are not that kind of forgiving or etc. Please do this, 1.paired LCD2v.2,3 with a high power amp > 4w. 2.use good source(DAC, files) to reveal the different.
If you use something low power output = compromise the sound of the LCD2v.2,3 (every single file is forgiving,acceptable but lacks of image,sound stage, crystal clear, and etc. In long term listening, I found that their sound signature is boring and I have to crank up the volume for details and clear image.
When the LCD2v.2,3 pair with the right amp, the vocal is sweet and crystal clear, image is stable, sound stage is spread out from L to R.
**Even crank up the volume higher than normal listening, no problem with ears pain at all
L3000.gif
.**

Then what is an amp that you would consider to fit your criteria? I would like the clearest and most beautiful experience tone-wise possible.

May 12, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #6,077 of 9,207
Quote:
Then what is an amp that you would consider to fit your criteria? I would like the clearest and most beautiful experience tone-wise possible.

IMO,RSA Darkstar, Cavalli Liquid Glass, and any solid state amps that has >>high<< output are very good fit for LCD2,3.

My current system Jriver 18-->USB Nordost Blueheaven---> AMR DP-777 Nordost Vishnu and Anti cable--->Cavalli Liquid Glass (Shuguang Tresure) (Nordost Heimdall2)---->LCD3(ALO S&P cable)= Not the clearest, but pretty good in over all.

If you want the clear and clean sound, try Moon 380 Dac. I think its sound cleaner than AMR DP-777,Wyred DAC2 and Accuphase DP-67.

May 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #6,079 of 9,207
Hi folks,

I received a fine new, rosewood LCD-2 about two weeks back. At first, while I was waiting for my O2 + ODAC Headphone Amp/DAC combo, I plugged my phones into an old McIntosh 2505 amplifier and was duly unimpressed. Of course, this changed the moment my O2/ODAC arrived. I am very satisfied and experiencing some expected change in clarity and bass with break-in. So, here's another vote of confidence for Audeze LCD-2s & the O2/ODAC.

P.S. Y'all had me fooled with all this talk about the LCD-2 being laid-back and warm -- it certainly is, but these phones are quite resolving; so make no mistake fellow readers, it is comparatively warm and exceptionally coherent.

May 13, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #6,081 of 9,207
Anybody know of a good headphone amp with a preamp to pair with the Audeze LCD-2 Rev2. I have a budget of around 1000 but would be happy to stretch it to 2000ish if the amp also has a DAC.

That only one that I am aware of at the moment is the Burson Audio Conductor.

I hope to eventually get some Audioengine speakers to plug into the preamp but at the moment I am using the M-Audio AV-40.

May 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #6,082 of 9,207
Quote:
Anybody know of a good headphone amp with a preamp to pair with the Audeze LCD-2 Rev2. I have a budget of around 1000 but would be happy to stretch it to 2000ish if the amp also has a DAC.

I hope to eventually get some Audioengine speakers to plug into the preamp but at the moment I am using the M-Audio AV-40.

For the price it will be very difficult finding something better than the Conductor. The amp inside is the Soloist which is awesome for the money. The DAC is also very very good. This is optional, but I would also recommend buying an Audiophilleo 2 or equivalent with the Conductor for the SQ firstly and to save you any headaches from Tenor USB bugs. This combination punches well above its price.

May 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #6,083 of 9,207
Tenor USB bugs

What do you mean by this? I'm not sure if I have heard of any bugs relating to the USB connection on the conductor

May 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #6,084 of 9,207
As negura said, the conductor is a wonderful 3 on 1 solution but seems like the usb still needs some improvements. 

A Hiface (usb to coax converter) fixes it..

May 13, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #6,085 of 9,207
Quote:
What do you mean by this? I'm not sure if I have heard of any bugs relating to the USB connection on the conductor

Depends how lucky you are, you may have no issues at all. I keep in touch with several people with the Conductor. Let's say the Tenor has a certain temperament, you grow into getting used to unfortunately. It has ocassional weird driver bugs, some of them on start-up or when you change things in the OS or just whenever, which require you to sometimes unplug/replug the USB cable as an work-around or even restart the computer. It's generally rare enough to not be an issue at all during normal play, but often enough to remind you their USB is not the best pie there is.

Even so, the SQ is fully worth it. Adding an USB interface to it, takes the overall SQ up a couple of notches and you get no bugs. It's fully worth it for any DAC, with an added incentive here.

May 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #6,086 of 9,207
Quote:

Audio gd NFB-27 or Reference 10.32, Grace m903

May 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #6,087 of 9,207
Quote:

For the price it will be very difficult finding something better than the Conductor. The amp inside is the Soloist which is awesome for the money. The DAC is also very very good. This is optional, but I would also recommend buying an Audiophilleo 2 or equivalent with the Conductor for the SQ firstly and to save you any headaches from Tenor USB bugs. This combination punches well above its price.

Ugh,

As a brand new owner of LCD2's, and an owner of an HA160D this isn't what I want to see...

That being said, ignorance is bliss, this combination lives up to the hype... This combo has instantly struck a chord with me, unlike the Burson and HD800, which never really did it for me...

May 13, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #6,088 of 9,207
Quote:
Ugh,

As a brand new owner of LCD2's, and an owner of an HA160D this isn't what I want to see...

That being said, ignorance is bliss, this combination lives up to the hype... This combo has instantly struck a chord with me, unlike the Burson and HD800, which never really did it for me...

I shouldn't then be saying great things about the Conductor and HD800s.  :)
Which happens to be my favorite combination of what I own, with most of my music. I just didn't write this!  
Well you probably all too well know how this hobby goes...

May 13, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #6,090 of 9,207
Quote:

I shouldn't then be saying great things about the Conductor and HD800s.  :)
Which happens to be my favorite combination of what I own, with most of my music. I just didn't write this!  
Well you probably all too well know how this hobby goes...

Shush already!!

Hehe...  Nope, not going back to the HD800, no-no-no!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back