Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Jun 17, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #2,686 of 9,207
Intentional, my friend.

Quote:
^ I spy 8 grammatical/spelling errors in that post. 

PS, you forgot affect/effect.  
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #2,688 of 9,207
^ You're just messin' with me now... or should I have said "your" as so many do these days? My "genius" satire was intended to point out errors that I see every day in places like this website. I'm dating myself, but when I went to school we got flunked for mistakes like the ones that I put in my post. 

Now allow me to mess with you: can you find the two other intentional misspellings in my post? Can you find the two other incorrect homophones in my post? 

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #2,689 of 9,207

Quote:
But bad grammer is OK also. It doesn't effect peoples view of you and also using the "right" words aren't that important. Also spelling is overated. Its not that important either. If people want to be judgemental thats there problem. 

I don't see any more homophones or misspellings, but sentence structure aside there's three punctuation errors; apostrophes are missing on the bolded words above. One outside the s, two on the inside.

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #2,690 of 9,207
"But bad grammer is OK also. It doesn't effect peoples view of you and also using the "right" words aren't that important. Also spelling is overated. Its not that important either. If people want to be judgemental thats there problem."

Not counting grammar or overrated:

judgmental - such an illogical spelling I always thought.

I think that was it right? I mean OK is often caught by spell-check that I've used so I use okay instead (ironically not caught by this spell-check :D).

effect should be affect (which was mentioned earlier but you did not quote)

I don't see any other homophones.

I'm in your camp really. Even though my grammar is far from the standard, ending sentences with prepositions and such, I feel that in this medium we should try to be as precise as possible if we want to get our meaning across (unless of course, at those times, when we don't want to be precise :p). I was going to use a speaking analogy to make a point but realised that it would only further prove the arguement of the other camp, unfortunately.

Can you find the misspelling in my last paragraph? :wink:

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #2,691 of 9,207

Quote:
"But bad grammer is OK also. It doesn't effect peoples view of you and also using the "right" words aren't that important. Also spelling is overated. Its not that important either. If people want to be judgemental thats there problem."

Not counting grammar or overrated:

judgmental - such an illogical spelling I always thought.

I think that was it right? I mean OK is often caught by spell-check that I've used so I use okay instead (ironically not caught by this spell-check
biggrin.gif
).

effect should be affect (which was mentioned earlier but you did not quote)

I don't see any other homophones.

I'm in your camp really. Even though my grammar is far from the standard, ending sentences with prepositions and such, I feel that in this medium we should try to be as precise as possible if we want to get our meaning across (unless of course, at those times, when we don't want to be precise
tongue.gif
). I was going to use a speaking analogy to make a point but realised that it would only further prove the arguement of the other camp, unfortunately.

Can you find the misspelling in my last paragraph?
wink.gif

Wow, I've been misspelling "judgemental" for a long time 
redface.gif

But I'm okay with OK 
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #2,693 of 9,207

Wow, I've been misspelling "judgemental" for a long time 
redface.gif

But I'm okay with OK 
tongue.gif

lol me too. :D

Actually I recall learning the proper spelling in school (spelling bees) but forgot up until a few years ago since the internet is so prevalent. I usually spell things phonetically logical, or as logical as my mind works anyway...

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #2,694 of 9,207
Regarding the simplification of language, let's hope it doesn't lead to "Amp performance: doubleplusgood" :)

Hint: Orwell

Anyone auditioned one of these?

http://www.fidelityaudio.co.uk/hpa-200

Looks promising.

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #2,696 of 9,207
Quote:
If simplification of language would increase information density I'd be all for it. It's bad enough as is though.

In the right context, perhaps. I very much enjoy the use of rich language as a form of creative expression.

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #2,697 of 9,207
Mis-spelling can be OK, too. As lnog as the frsit and lsat ltetres of wrods are included, yuor barin wlil do the rset. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #2,698 of 9,207
Are you bashing the non-native speaking English members here?! :)

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #2,699 of 9,207
I've been misspelling judgmental as well.  

So we're at 9 errors.
MHinGA, I suspected it might be intentional.  
smile.gif

Quote:
Regarding the simplification of language, let's hope it doesn't lead to "Amp performance: doubleplusgood" :)

Ah, yes.  Timely reference.  
smile.gif

Goodthinkful.

Jun 17, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #2,700 of 9,207
Mis-spelling can be OK, too. As lnog as the frsit and lsat ltetres of wrods are included, yuor barin wlil do the rset. 
biggrin.gif

Consequently lazy brains paved the way for Freudian reading comprehension failures.

It's bad enough that most expressions can be inferred as sexual double entendres but c'mon. It almost makes me believe that reality was created by an intelligent, albeit horny, progenitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back