Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
Jun 17, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #2,671 of 9,207
The important thing is that you wrote "his" own and not "their" own. Good grammar is its own reward, no matter what amp you're using. 
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #2,672 of 9,207
Perhaps I should use his/her next time.

Jun 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #2,673 of 9,207

Quote:
The important thing is that you wrote "his" own and not "their" own. Good grammar is its own reward, no matter what amp you're using. 
wink.gif

But bad grammer is OK also. It doesn't effect peoples view of you and also using the "right" words aren't that important. Also spelling is overated. Its not that important either. If people want to be judgemental thats there problem. 

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #2,679 of 9,207

Quote:
A bad use of grammar is propably the language of the future. Language has been simplified over the ages.

You must mean that language has been corrupted over the ages.  In this case, "ages" equates to about one generation, (~40 yesrs).

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #2,680 of 9,207
 Down to 3 choices for my new desktop amp. Peak/Volcano, WA22, or the Liquid fire. Decisions, decisions. I've heard none by the way, this is all based on reviews. I like a more thick bottom end. I'm using the sr-71A with my D1 right now. I still like the Ray Samuels sound, but the D1 is quite neutral, and I think I need at least a hybrid if not a full tube amp in the chain. I like resolution and treble extension to a degree, but am more a fan of rolled off, oops, excuse me, recessed highs. I find the lcd-2 to have plenty of treble and mids for my tastes. Probably ALO copper/silver on the cable. Any suggestions?  

Jun 17, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #2,681 of 9,207

Quote:
You must mean that language has been corrupted over the ages.  In this case, "ages" equates to about one generation, (~40 yesrs).

Nope, language has been simplified over the ages. For instance, dutch is a descendant of the gothic language. Gothic featured eight (!) "naamvallen" (i'm sorry, I don't know the english term for this, eight different varieties of the nominative, accusative, genitive etc. to signify stuff). Which is absolutely ludicrious when compared to modern day dutch which features... two. Language has been simplified over the course of ages and this is likely to continue. Words like "the" and "a" are meaningless and and therefore superfluous, they will propably disapear over time.

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #2,683 of 9,207
Quote:Originally Posted by Windsor
Has anyone here heard the LCD-2 with the neutral-sounding Lavry DA10?

Originally Posted by USAudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have with the DA11, which I believe has an almost identical headphone section, and it sounds fine to me.  I believe it outputs about .75 W RMS with the LCD-2's, which some would consider minimal for the LCD-2s, but to me it seem to have plenty of resolution and power, doesn't sound strained at all.  The Lavry is all about transparency and accuracy, if you want something more "musical" then a tube amp might be more appropriate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, USAudio.  When you say "musical," what do you mean? Do you mean 'coloured'?

I have a Lavry DA10 and enjoy it with the Sennheiser HD 600/650/HD 25. The HD 600 has an even frequency balance and the overall character of them seems to be slightly brighter than natural; the timbre of music with the HD 650 sounds more natural and their soundstage is wonderful, and perhaps the only thing I'd like with the HD 650 is more visceral bass impact (PRaT), to make the impact of what I'm hearing closer to hearing a live performance or listening to top quality studio monitors. I'd still love to hear the LCD-2 to hear how they compare...

Further to what you said about ''musical'', I've been finding that I'm able to just hear the music with any of my phones/equipment phones; whenever I get used to the sound signature and forget about it, then the music just reveals herself. Basically, it seems that my inner dialogue about is the only thing that takes me away from just hearing the music, and when my mind's clear, I just enjoy the music no matter what I'm listening to. 

I guess what I'm looking for, LCD-2 or otherwise, is quicker access to just hearing the music, and perhaps a more pleasing/natural sound signature, which is obviously subjective. I'm aware that there will be always positives/negatives if I think about anything, such is the nature of a balanced mind-set, but when I accept what I have I'm more peaceful and hear the music more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back