Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2
May 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #2,131 of 9,207

Quote:
Same here. I occasionally use the SE output but it is always fed by balanced inputs.

OK, so the WA-22 is an exception because of its design, you are getting full benefit of the amp even when you use the TRS jack, but that's not very common.  My SAC-K1000 amp is the same way.  I just put the negative signal outputs together for TRS output.

The point of my previous post was that some people here seem to be expecting or looking to see if the SE output from an inherently balanced amp design might potentially be better than the balanced output.  Like they're using that approach to try and determine if balanced really is better than SE design or not.  It is a completely bogus approach to trying to answer the question which is obvious to many of us who twiddle electrons for a living, but not so obvious to others because of all the misinformation, mythology, and bogosity perpetrated on the web.

May 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #2,134 of 9,207
Agreed, people are welcome to compare their balanced amps against my SE amps.  I even have the same cable terminated in both balanced and 1/4" TRS connectors, from Steve Eddy.  I'm not saying which is better, but I think all you can do is compare the best that SE has to offer against the best that balanced has to offer.

Quote:
OK, so the WA-22 is an exception because of its design, you are getting full benefit of the amp even when you use the TRS jack, but that's not very common.  My SAC-K1000 amp is the same way.  I just put the negative signal outputs together for TRS output.

The point of my previous post was that some people here seem to be expecting or looking to see if the SE output from an inherently balanced amp design might potentially be better than the balanced output.  Like they're using that approach to try and determine if balanced really is better than SE design or not.  It is a completely bogus approach to trying to answer the question which is obvious to many of us who twiddle electrons for a living, but not so obvious to others because of all the misinformation, mythology, and bogosity perpetrated on the web.

May 9, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #2,135 of 9,207

Quote:
Agreed, people are welcome to compare their balanced amps against my SE amps.  I even have the same cable terminated in both balanced and 1/4" TRS connectors, from Steve Eddy.  I'm not saying which is better, but I think all you can do is compare the best that SE has to offer against the best that balanced has to offer.

Yup, QFT.

May 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #2,136 of 9,207

Quote:

biggrin.gif

May 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #2,137 of 9,207
Yeah, I liked "bogosity" too.  Along with "unvestment" a typo describing head-fi spending.  See what you learn hanging out here?

May 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #2,138 of 9,207

Quote:
Yeah, I liked "bogosity" too.  Along with "unvestment" a typo describing head-fi spending.  See what you learn hanging out here?

I missed the unvestment reference...  Good one!!  My lexicon is constantly expanding with all the bogotistic excreations being broadcast about by marketeering departments everywhere.

May 9, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #2,139 of 9,207
Does anybody know the power output of Zen Taboo across LCD-2?
Thanks.

May 10, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #2,142 of 9,207
At slightly above $2K, for me Apex Peak/Volcano and Woo Audio WA-22.

May 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #2,143 of 9,207
I tried this combination and the LCD-2 sounds mindblowing
Olive 6HD Music Server>Cambridge C840 DAC>NuForec ICON HDP(PreAmp)>Schiit Valhalla>LCD-2>
atsmile.gif

this combo sounds better than WooWA22 with stock tubes

May 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #2,144 of 9,207

Quote:
At slightly above $2K, for me Apex Peak/Volcano and Woo Audio WA-22.

Haven't heard the WA-22 with LCD-2's yet (strangely enough).  I can second the Apex Peak/Volcano recommendation if you like clarity and imaging.  Personally, I'm partial to the Stacker II. 
wink_face.gif

I've also liked what I heard of jax's V181.  In my limited listening to it, it sounded more "organic" that the Peak/Volcano, though the latter wins the imaging contest.

May 10, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #2,145 of 9,207
Can the CSP2+, being an OTL, be damaged in any way from the load put on from the LCD2's?

I know the wa6 can be recommended, but may actually be only sufficiently powerful. Trying to compromise for T1/LCD2..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back