Alternative to Bose ae2b
Mar 9, 2011 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

piggys123

New Head-Fier
hi guy,
I  tried a pair of bose ae2 and they were super comfortable. Are there any other headphones that are as comfortable as the bose, but still has good sound quality. Anything around $150 is fine. I will be using these on the bus so they should be closed. Thanks for all the help guys!

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 3
I really liked the Skullcandy Aviators when I tried them at the apple store. You might wanna check up on those, and there's another "triport killer" from either panasonic or jvc, I forget the model but they got high marks and were around $30-$50... I also used to have Panasonic HTX7's which were great. Surely worth the $20 that I see them go for around the internet. They also isolated nice. Another good choice is the ES7. I've seen them go for $55 at buydig refurbished. Another good piece of advice that I learned while "upgrading" is that price is meaningless in audio. Call me crazy, but I think PX100's have 95% of the sound of HD650's. I was so disappointed when listening to them at a meet, just like the Meelectronics M2 is a slightly less refined TF10. Although having the best and most expensive cans sounds cool, it might not be worth it because the lower end offers a great value (Refrence to Law of Diminishing Returns?). Don't be ashamed in choosing triports, they isolate really well and they might be your best option in a noisy place like a bus... although I use my Sony V700's and love them on the bus (Even though their reputation here is terrible, like the AE).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back