ALO The Continental
Apr 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #393 of 456

Hi guys!
I am about to order a amp for the Spiral Ears 5-way. I am choosing between the ALO Rx Mk3 because I like to be able to adjust the bass if this can be done with out degrade the other frequencies, and the Continental because I just love warm tube sound and the detailed yet soft highs (I have COPLAND tubes for my speakers).

Any thoughts or suggestion any one?

Thanks!

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #402 of 456
I'm not 100% sure but I think I just bought the last Continental V1 that ALO had in stock. Ordered it last night (only silver model was available) and now the page says out of stock. I thought about paying extra for the V2 but I don't use IEMs and the extra hour of battery life didn't seem to be worth the extra money.

I've been using a pico as a portable amp for a little while and I really like it with my Symphones Magnum but I'd like for something with even more power that could potentially power my LCD3 while on the road. So I'm giving the Continental a shot.

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #404 of 456
I have never heard your tube amp but I love my LCD-2 rev 1 out of my LF 339 with 5998 or I have had the Continental v1 for 1 month and am enjoying it immensely although it is not good for any of my IEMs

Lindskog
"Hi guys!
I am about to order a amp for the Spiral Ears 5-way. I am choosing between the ALO Rx Mk3 because I like to be able to adjust the bass if this can be done with out degrade the other frequencies, and the Continental because I just love warm tube sound and the detailed yet soft highs (I have COPLAND tubes for my speakers).

Any thoughts or suggestion any one?"

Thanks!
[/quote]

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #405 of 456
The last one? Wow. Hats off, mates. Last of the great amp. 
Quote:
I'm not 100% sure but I think I just bought the last Continental V1 that ALO had in stock. Ordered it last night (only silver model was available) and now the page says out of stock. I thought about paying extra for the V2 but I don't use IEMs and the extra hour of battery life didn't seem to be worth the extra money.

I've been using a pico as a portable amp for a little while and I really like it with my Symphones Magnum but I'd like for something with even more power that could potentially power my LCD3 while on the road. So I'm giving the Continental a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back