ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions
Mar 20, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #961 of 1,084
Yeah it's been discontinued.  I just bought one second hand.  Seems like the new range ALO has doesn't come close to the power of the mk3, so I've snapped one up before they get harder to find.  Plus I like the bass curve knob...

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #962 of 1,084
  Just noticed that the Rx3B+ seems to have disappeared from ALO's website & store.

They must be discontinued... I can not find many for sale.  This happened sometime in December I think.

Mar 20, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #963 of 1,084
Hey Guys,

The Mk3 B+ has been a huge success for us and we are very proud of the amp, however we wanted to make room for a new era of portables from ALO audio. I cant tell you how incredibly hard we have been working for a long time now to bring some new creations to life. The Mk3 B + is very expensive to produce and so it had reached its life cycle for the amp it is.

The good news is we do have some last units still available and and for sale at our new "Warehouse Deals" website. Warehouse Deals is basically many remnants from our old brick and mortar retail store, refurbished items, discounted and discontinued items all rolled into a new outlet of sorts. So its a spring cleaning site, PLEASE ACT fast as the items on Warehouse Deals is VERY limited and once gone, gone forever.

Please check it out

Thank you!

Ken @ ALO audio

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 21, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #964 of 1,084
Look forward to what amps ALO has in store. At the moment I just don't think there's any portable around with the kind of power able to drive hungry headphones like the Rx3B+ properly. And the bass boost is the best I've come across.

Mar 21, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #965 of 1,084
  Look forward to what amps ALO has in store. At the moment I just don't think there's any portable around with the kind of power able to drive hungry headphones like the Rx3B+ properly. And the bass boost is the best I've come across.

+1

The Rx Mk3 has been an invaluable piece of kit that has allowed me to take my full size headphones everywhere.  Great product.  

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #966 of 1,084
  Hey Guys,

The Mk3 B+ has been a huge success for us and we are very proud of the amp, however we wanted to make room for a new era of portables from ALO audio. I cant tell you how incredibly hard we have been working for a long time now to bring some new creations to life. The Mk3 B + is very expensive to produce and so it had reached its life cycle for the amp it is.

The good news is we do have some last units still available and and for sale at our new "Warehouse Deals" website. Warehouse Deals is basically many remnants from our old brick and mortar retail store, refurbished items, discounted and discontinued items all rolled into a new outlet of sorts. So its a spring cleaning site, PLEASE ACT fast as the items on Warehouse Deals is VERY limited and once gone, gone forever.

Please check it out

Thank you!

Ken @ ALO audio

I want to mk3 but I can't see shipping and custom price eventhough I write my adress...

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #968 of 1,084
  im still loving my MK3-B Amazing amp best amp i have ever owned.

to be honest I really am so grateful for the mk3, its just a great amp. I usually am a very critical person but man this amp rocks, and is the best there is for portable use

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #969 of 1,084
I also was browsing ALO's website last month, just to discover that was no more mk3. Expensive to produce or not, I think the above reactions plus my own experiences with this amp reveal two features that are the strong points of the mk3 (apart from the sound of course) and cannot be found in the current ALO portfolio or any other portable (correct me if I am wrong):
  •     enough power to drive most headphones
  •     a bass knob that enables a fine adjustment of bass into any headphone and/or any recording.
Those should be the basis of a future mk4! Personally, I do not mind so much about balanced output (in fact I am hardly using it though I own an Audeze), so this might be a feature to sacrifice in order to reduce costs? I also would suggest a negative base adjustment, for headphones and/or recordings that have too much base.
The choice for my next Amp will definitely be centered around those 2 criteria. Fortunately, I was able to get one of the latest though the warehousedeals announcement above, so with a bit of luck I will be able to listen through this amp for the next ten years. I simply cannot imagine how another amp could sound even better.

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #970 of 1,084
The only true differentiator is the bass adjustor, there is quite a bit of choice in terms of driving ability

In fact this thread probably quietened down because competitors are reported to have done a better job of gains that cater for iem and full size headphones

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #971 of 1,084
i love how ALO makes their products SOOOOOO well that in the END the production of the product becomes too expensive to create talk about product creation, makes me warm inside to own a mk3-b.....i dont know of any other company out thhere putting in that much research and development into their amps to come to this conclusion.

Mar 24, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #972 of 1,084
The only true differentiator is the bass adjustor, there is quite a bit of choice in terms of driving ability

In fact this thread probably quietened down because competitors are reported to have done a better job of gains that cater for iem and full size headphones

What other portable amps can match it's power?  Especially in balanced mode?

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #973 of 1,084
Silver RXMKIII B+ ordered!

Now just need headphones and a source........and new RSA terminated cables.

Mar 24, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #974 of 1,084
What other portable amps can match it's power?  Especially in balanced mode?

I have both Alo Mk3B and Intruder and I keep-love them both! But you to me one is a bit better than the other when in balance mode.

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #975 of 1,084
I have both Alo Mk3B and Intruder and I keep-love them both! But you to me one is a bit better than the other when in balance mode.

...you're allowed to say which you prefer 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back