Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Feb 12, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #1,921 of 3,117
OH MY GOSH THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!

Out of the box they sound better than my e2c's. Nuff' said.

These aren't coming off my head until I sleep
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #1,922 of 3,117
Hey folks,

I am a proud recipient of a new pair of MS-1s. Without reading through 193 pages of posts- what are the pad/bowl recommendations for MS-1s? I find the stock pads make them a little too attenuated for low volume listening.

Thanks for any help.

-Jeremy

Feb 12, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #1,923 of 3,117
Try flat pads from Todd the Vinyl Junkie or quarter-modded Sennheiser 414 pads.

Personally, I prefer the stock pads, because they reduce brightness and sibilance from the alternates I mentioned above (and to a larger degree with bowl pads). You may find that the stock pads change sound over time as they soften - I often notice an increase in bass and volume over the course of a listening session because the drivers press in more closely to my ears.

Feb 15, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #1,925 of 3,117
So I've had my ms1's for about two weeks and I love them. I haven't owned pricier cans in a few years. I just had to hear what all the hype was about. The MS1's seem more balanced than the other cans I've owned in the past (hd580, sr125, etc.). They really do remind me of the ksc75, but more refined.

BTW, I like the stock pads b/c they are more comfortable than the 414s. I hear a difference, but I am not sure if I have a preference for one or the other.

Feb 15, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #1,926 of 3,117
Just arranged for purchase on a used pair of these babies!

Will post my thoughts when I get them and have some intimate time to spend alone with them...
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #1,927 of 3,117
I ordered myself a pair of alessandro ms1's on the 20th of january, still not here (I live in the Netherlands). Argh, I'm getting impatient. Am I the only one here who has been waiting for four weeks and still hasn't received anything?

Feb 23, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #1,929 of 3,117
I've finally got my MS1s. They have actually been sitting on my desk at work for over a week, but I haven't been in to pick them up. Had to pay £16.88 to Royal Mail for VAT and handling, but they are still a bargain. They are currently sat playing random songs to burn in, so I haven't listened to them yet.

Feb 23, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #1,930 of 3,117
I have had my ms-1's for about 2 weeks now, and I've got about 40 hours on them. I just got the bowls for them, and they feel better and sound better than the comfies which I even quarter moded, also to get the proper bass from these I had to eq them quite a bit however they respond extremely well to to eq'ing and they now sound amazing after a decent "braking in". Moral of the story eq ur ms-1's to get the bass ur looking for.

Feb 23, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #1,931 of 3,117
I just picked mine up at the post office this morning!

I'm currently studying at the café right now, and didn't want to bring them with me, but I did get a chance to listen to a few songs at home before I left.

Veeeeeery promising...
biggrin.gif

One question, though, from some preliminary observations: I got the Alessandros over Grados because I don't like any speaker/headphone that has too bright of a sound signature. However, these seem to be a bit unrefined in the upper registers. Sound a bit 'choked' up there.

That being said, however, I already know that I will be extremely happy with the overall sound of these cans! Should I try experimenting with bowls, though? Right now they have comfies that have been modded with seven holes in the center. I've heard that bowls will provide a less veiled sound, especially in the upper registers... but these comfies are just so dang... well... comfy!!! I don't know if I want to sacrifice that!

Feb 23, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #1,932 of 3,117
Hi, I was thinking of purchasing a pair of MS1s but im worried about there not being enough base. Especially when im listening to r&b.

Can anyone give me an idea on what the bass is like, and will a good amp and eq tweek help?

Thanks
Steph

Feb 23, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #1,933 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockmanz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered myself a pair of alessandro ms1's on the 20th of january, still not here (I live in the Netherlands). Argh, I'm getting impatient. Am I the only one here who has been waiting for four weeks and still hasn't received anything?

Hey, I also live in the Netherlands and I'm planning to get some MS1's when I have the money for them. But when yours have arrived, can you tell me if you had to pay taxes? (and if yes, how much?)

Alvast Bedankt!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #1,934 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Technomage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had my ms-1's for about 2 weeks now, and I've got about 40 hours on them. I just got the bowls for them, and they feel better and sound better than the comfies which I even quarter moded, also to get the proper bass from these I had to eq them quite a bit however they respond extremely well to to eq'ing and they now sound amazing after a decent "braking in". Moral of the story eq ur ms-1's to get the bass ur looking for.

I strongly disagree. I think the bass on these are fine. I'm a bass player and I love the fact that it is easy for me to pick out bass lines in songs. These sound very flat/neutral to me. In my opinion, eqing is not the correct way to get more bass. There are plenty of bass heavy cans out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back