Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jan 30, 2008 at 2:22 PM Post #1,906 of 3,117
My MS-1 arrived. In the first 5 seconds literally i could see its more neutral character than the sr-60, definetly noticed soundstage, but also seems a bit more unforgiving with the recordings. Cant wait for it to burn in couple of hours....

Jan 30, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #1,907 of 3,117
Well, they charged me on the 29th. They're on their way!

How long do you guys think it'll take to get to Dublin? Any guesses?

Feb 1, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #1,909 of 3,117
Got my Bowls! Shipped in 2 days from TTVJ. First impression, definately more space between me and the music, and it adds a nice distance. Just a question for the bowl users, are they supposed to be almost circumaural?

Feb 1, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #1,910 of 3,117
The MS1 was my first pair of quality headphones, and still the ones I keep coming back to. Nothing else in my collection can get me rocking like these cans.

Feb 2, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #1,911 of 3,117
This is my first real pair of can's and I just ordered them can't wait from them to come in the mail, also got my self a cmoy made by biosciencegeek. I coming from some old sen 457's and a set of cx300's. Now i just want these new cans really badly

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #1,912 of 3,117
I'm gonna order these from the alessandro website soon, but there's something wrong with their certification when you go to checkout...

And which termination should I choose? Does it make a difference whether I get the 1/8" with the 1/4" adaptor, or vice versa? It shouldn't affect SQ or anything, right?

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #1,913 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm gonna order these from the alessandro website soon, but there's something wrong with their certification when you go to checkout...

And which termination should I choose? Does it make a difference whether I get the 1/8" with the 1/4" adaptor, or vice versa? It shouldn't affect SQ or anything, right?

Get which ever plug you will be using the most. Any adaptor will decrease sound quality. So yeah, get the plug you will use the most.

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #1,914 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEdROP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any adaptor will decrease sound quality.

If you're gonna make a broad, generalized statement like that then I demand proof
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #1,915 of 3,117
OK.. So I've spent about 3-4 days with the new bowl pads. These were ordered by TTVJ and they came in 2 days. I have to say, TTVJ's packing was nothing special, but it was in a USPS box and the bowls were in a zip-lock bag. It was more than enough to keep the bowls from being squished.

Well, first impressions. When I first put them on, I wasn't very impressed. It hurt, and the sound didn't seem to change very much. However, after adjustment on the headband and the rod, it was comfortable enough to put on for hours (with my head of course.) I have to say, they were well worth the 20 (plus shipping) dollars I paid for them.

The soundstage seemed to improve, as when I was listening to another brick in the wall (pt.2? i think..) the children seemed to be wider. Also, the bass seemed to gain more oomph as it felt like my hairs were moving inside the bowls. The mids and the highs, well I felt they gained more details as I started to notice things in songs I listened countless of times.

Although These won't make the MS1s a completely different headphone, I thought they were a good buy for me. If you have enough money, I suggest you try the bowls with the MS1s. (especially if you have a nice and small head like me
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #1,916 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're gonna make a broad, generalized statement like that then I demand proof
biggrin.gif

Just think about it. No adaptor is better than having to use one. Using an adaptor will lose part of the signal going to the original plug. Im not saying youll notice a difference, its insignificant. But thats what Ive heard anyways.

Feb 4, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #1,917 of 3,117
hello,

I got it!!! It was quite fast : 2 weeks later I ordered it, there it is.

First impressions :
* this is big.
* there IS bass. This cans are really bassy.
* the sound is very detailled.
* i currently do not find it comfortable. Would pads improve comfort?

This is beautiful. I love it.

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #1,918 of 3,117
Hi Guys

I'm now an official member of the MS-1 fanclub!!!! Mine arrived this morning, just under 2 weeks to the UK. I got stung by customs for £16 though.

I'm listening to them now and find them really comfortable. So far I'm impressed with the sound quality. I quite like the 'brighter' sound compared to my PX100. There's also plenty of bass to satisfy.

Feb 5, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #1,919 of 3,117
I'm still waiting for mine (1 week today)...the wait is getting harder and harder.

I'm considering picking up a Corda headsix for these...does anyone have experience with the combo?

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #1,920 of 3,117
I've listened to my MS-1's for a week or so and have been switching back and forth between the MS-1's (dyed 414 quarter modded 414 pads) and SR60(dyed 414 pads). I'm listening with an Ipod 5.5, Corda Headsix, and ALO Bling Bling Line Out Cable using Apple Lossless files for comparison. The Corda Headsix is an excellent match for both, although it might synergize slightly better with the SR-60. I couldn't recommend it enough for either headphone.

I just can't decide which I prefer - it mostly depends on the program material. The SR60s are quite a bit more forward and can be a little "grating" especially on some female vocals; however, there is definitely more detail. The MS-1s are more mellow and are just wonderfully sweet sounding, especially on vocal material.

I think the MS-1 are assuredly the more accurate headphone, but the SR60 just has a slightly increased "fun" factor. I'll be selling one pair or the other but let's just say I'm really struggling with the decision. They both such great phones!

If you'd like to "help" me with my decision, let me know! In the meantime, enjoy the music....
smily_headphones1.gif

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back