Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jan 23, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #946 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've not tried any others, but the bowls are very comfy.

No I haven't tried the bowls, mostly because they are $25NZD here ($17USD) which seems alot to pay for a bit of foam... You think its worth it?

Jan 23, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #947 of 3,117
personally, yes, but then again, i got mine as a gift, so I'm not the best person to ask
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #948 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No I haven't tried the bowls, mostly because they are $25NZD here ($17USD) which seems alot to pay for a bit of foam... You think its worth it?

Very worth it. The $17 isn't that bad. I agree, it's a lot for foam, but they are $15 most places in the U.S. plus shipping so go figure.

Jan 24, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #950 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
**** I just had another breakthrough idea!

You know the sock mod I posted a while back? Well, I thought I would try that with Possum fur socks
biggrin.gif

That would be so comfortable! I wonder how much they cost...

AHA! Possum fur socks don't exist, but look here! http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...px?id=85462315

biggrin.gif
Stick em on the sides of the sock mod, and YAY! Comfort!

Jan 24, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #952 of 3,117
For what it is worth, I have been listening to my modded (re-cabled/woodied by Phergus 25) MS-1s with reverse bowl pads.

Ed

Jan 25, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #953 of 3,117
hey guys im new and i want to buy this headphone!

I have one question... I read somewhere in a Italian forum this problem (if i can call that problem...)
See this pic:
prob.jpg

sorry if its large...

Is that normal? Because lots of people have this Y junction

Jan 25, 2007 at 10:41 AM Post #956 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by dtreert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys im new and i want to buy this headphone!

I have one question... I read somewhere in a Italian forum this problem (if i can call that problem...)
See this pic:
prob.jpg

sorry if its large...

Is that normal? Because lots of people have this Y junction

Again, totally normal. Mine's like that and while I'm paranoid that if I catch the cord they'll break, they a; hasn't so far in four months, and b; sound absolutely fantastic nonetheless.

Jan 25, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #957 of 3,117
Yup; perfectly normal. Both my MS-1 and MS2i are like that, and even after the kids got my MS-1s cable tangled in their computer chair and ripped out chunks of insulation between the "Y" connector and the housings, there was no failure in that area.

I probably should try to repair them, but I'm afraid the repair may be more annoying than the damage! They work just fine!

Jan 26, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #959 of 3,117
I am now part of the MS-1 fan club, I just received the MS-1s on Monday from auris (great guy fast shipping). They are connected to a ipod 5g 60gig through headphone out to PA2V2. These headphones are pretty much good with anything I throw at them including metal, rock, country, rap, and classic rock. They have great highs, great bass and what surprised me the most was the comfort. Oh, and a amp is almost essential to me with the MS-1. The PA2V2 tames the highs and adds bass and it is very noticeable.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on this thread for helping me make my decision.

Next up is a line-out for the ipod and a headphonia amp to add to the mix.

-Troy

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #960 of 3,117
it's the 26th of january and my alessandro ms1 are waiting for me at the post.
almost 3 months i had to wait, although they were shipable...
love the german delivery services...
oh! and i have to pay 16,03EUR because of tax (customs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back