Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jan 18, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #916 of 3,117
I think the thing I love most about these headphones, and I really do LOVE tghem, is that they put the music RIGHT IN MY HEAD. Other people can and do talk about soundstage and stuff, about a headphone putting the music outside your head, but... my mind wanders with that, and I've got speakers anyway. The MS1s stuff the music right in your mind and it takes over you, stops anything else mattering, stops your mind wandering. I want headphones for proper full-on listening, and these are perfect for that.

Jan 18, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #917 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by SickMouthy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The MS1s stuff the music right in your mind and it takes over you, stops anything else mattering, stops your mind wandering.

Well said.Its the Grado effect
cool.gif
i love it.

Jan 19, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #919 of 3,117
**** I just had another breakthrough idea!

You know the sock mod I posted a while back? Well, I thought I would try that with Possum fur socks
biggrin.gif

That would be so comfortable! I wonder how much they cost...

I dunno if you guys have possum fur stuff over in US... So you might not know what I'm talking about.

Jan 19, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #920 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
**** I just had another breakthrough idea!

You know the sock mod I posted a while back? Well, I thought I would try that with Possum fur socks
biggrin.gif

That would be so comfortable! I wonder how much they cost...

I dunno if you guys have possum fur stuff over in US... So you might not know what I'm talking about.

I think your possum is different than ours
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #922 of 3,117
Lol... Ok then...

Our possums here are cute little furry creatures that run up trees and get sqaushed on the road alot. They are pests and we are trying to get rid of them as they eat our native wildlife.

The weird thing is, in Australia they are protected and it is illegal to kill them
biggrin.gif

Anyway, there fur is real soft and is used to make things like scarves, gloves and even willy warmers
cool.gif

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #924 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

cute huh?
eggosmile.gif

Actually yeah!

l%5Fbtposs.JPG

Thats a pic of our ones. Their fur is SO soft its not funny. I reckon it would be WAY more comfortable than any Velour pad.

Jan 19, 2007 at 10:38 AM Post #925 of 3,117
Ok, this thread has been borderline psychotic for a while now, but that last little flurry just tipped it over into full-on batsheet mentalism.

You're going to MURDER A CUTE POSSUM in order to MAKE HEADPHONE PADS?

Jan 19, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #928 of 3,117
Up here down here in Florida, it's either armadillos, or on the rivers; manatees, but I don't think either of them would work well.

Where my daughter lives it's gators, but her airboats just kinda bounce over them with very little damage to either.

Jan 19, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #929 of 3,117
But possums are pests here. They eat the eggs of Kiwi's! THEY ARE EVEL!

So random conversationalaist person's set poison bait and traps for them, then collect there body's and sell them to skinners who then tear there fur off and make various types of clothing out of them. It's really humane!

But sadly, you can't buy possum fur socks. Scarves? Yes. Nipple warmers? Yes. But socks? No...

Maybe sheepskin socks...

Jan 21, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #930 of 3,117
I've been doing quite a bit of modding recently:

Headband

First of all, I yanked the headband padding of a set of TDK MP100's and super-glued it onto the headband of my MS1's. It was a little bit wider than the headband, so I folded it around onto the top and glued it there as well. Only problem is that it leaves a bit of a gap in the middle were it looks a bit tacky. I'm probably going to stick something (like fabric or something) there to make it look a bit better.
Headband%20mod%20%28Small%29.jpg

Pads

I pulled some semi-circumauraul pads of an old set of Altec Lansing AHP-512's and fitted it onto the reversed comfies. It fitted perfectly even without gluing! Now my MS1's have a cool leather look and are uber comfortable!

MS1%20Pad%20mod%20%282%29%20%28Small%29.JPG

MS1%20Pad%20mod%20%28Small%29.jpg

Todo:

- Replace the plastic grille with silver/red mesh.
- Put a peice of something on the top of the headband to cover up the bad glueing.

Update: After further audition, I realized that I don't really like the sound of my home-pad pads. They mids seem distant, which kinda gets rid of the whole in-your-head effect. So I guess its back to the drawing board. I have a couple of other headphone pads that can be ripped out, so I'll try something with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back