Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jan 22, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #931 of 3,117
WOW! Ok so I just got my MS-1's and all I can say is I'm really really impressed. These are my first pair of open cans and I am amazed at the sound even straight out of the box without burn in. I currently own Shure E500's, Shure e3c's, Super.fi 5pros and formerly ER4-P's, so needless to say the full size can sound is a little differento from the IEM's I'm used to but very very pleasant. The MS-1's sound MUCH better than my buddy's SR125's (which I tested out extensively in before deciding to go with the alessandro's) IMHO, and his grados are fully burned in. They blow the portapro's I used to have away. Though they don't quite have the detail of the e500's, the sound is much fuller. I've been listening to them out of my g4 powerbook with a C&C box amp attached...Liquidy...smooth....BLISSFULLY AWESOME.

I'm hooked!

Jan 22, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #932 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by sorrick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW! Ok so I just got my MS-1's and all I can say is I'm really really impressed. These are my first pair of open cans and I am amazed at the sound even straight out of the box without burn in. I currently own Shure E500's, Shure e3c's, Super.fi 5pros and formerly ER4-P's, so needless to say the full size can sound is a little differento from the IEM's I'm used to but very very pleasant. The MS-1's sound MUCH better than my buddy's SR125's (which I tested out extensively in before deciding to go with the alessandro's) IMHO, and his grados are fully burned in. They blow the portapro's I used to have away. Though they don't quite have the detail of the e500's, the sound is much fuller. I've been listening to them out of my g4 powerbook with a C&C box amp attached...Liquidy...smooth....BLISSFULLY AWESOME.

I'm hooked!

Great to hear you like em'!!!

Jan 22, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #933 of 3,117
OK, I have officially waited over a month for these. I ordered these like December 9th and they still haven't arrived. What. I emailed them and they said they mailed them last week.

Talk about lame... and where can I order a DT880 headband for this that ships to Vancouver for not too much?

Jan 22, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #934 of 3,117
I received in under 2 weeks after I placed the order, that was after the xmas break.

Initial impressions were after unpacking is they sounded really crap!, after 200+ hours of unattended burn-in they sounded much better, need to keep burning them in past the 300 hour mark...

Jan 22, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #935 of 3,117
Oh yea, if they actually make those socks, let me know where can I order a pair
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #936 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nenso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I have officially waited over a month for these. I ordered these like December 9th and they still haven't arrived. What. I emailed them and they said they mailed them last week.

Talk about lame... and where can I order a DT880 headband for this that ships to Vancouver for not too much?

Has your credit card been charged yet? It normally takes about a week from when its been charged to when it arrives.

When your credit card has been charged it normally means its been shipped.

Jan 23, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #938 of 3,117
YES! I swear I have ESP. After posting what happened, I said this to myself, "It's about time those headphones should arrive, they were mailed like 1-2 weeks ago."

When I jumped into my car after school, I FOUND THEM! They're awsome and sounds soo different from my friend's SR-60 that he lent me for 1 week.

Can anyone else describe the difference between the MS-1 and SR-60 other than the MS-1 having a softer sound? That's about all I can hear
biggrin.gif

I'm actually kinda pissed off though. These plastic shells kinda look crude at some places for $100. They're not horribly bad just annoying for my eyes. Also the pizza box needs some improvement
biggrin.gif

The sound is legendary though.

Jan 23, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #939 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nenso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YES! I swear I have ESP. After posting what happened, I said this to myself, "It's about time those headphones should arrive, they were mailed like 1-2 weeks ago."

When I jumped into my car after school, I FOUND THEM! They're awsome and sounds soo different from my friend's SR-60 that he lent me for 1 week.

Can anyone else describe the difference between the MS-1 and SR-60 other than the MS-1 having a softer sound? That's about all I can hear
biggrin.gif

I'm actually kinda pissed off though. These plastic shells kinda look crude at some places for $100. They're not horribly bad just annoying for my eyes. Also the pizza box needs some improvement
biggrin.gif

The sound is legendary though.

Congratulations on your new arrival! Glad you like
biggrin.gif

The plastic isn't the best, I agree. Thats why you should woodie them
rs1smile.gif

From what I've read, the SR60 is ALOT brighter than the MS1, but thats about it.

I don't really mind the pizza box. I thought it was a good economical way of storing it... I think they used to be in wooden boxes, but they were in short supply or something...

I'm still trying to mod lol!

Jan 23, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #941 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations on your new arrival! Glad you like
biggrin.gif

The plastic isn't the best, I agree. Thats why you should woodie them
rs1smile.gif

...or alumin 'em!
tongue.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #942 of 3,117
Nah, Woodies, I was lucky enought to be sent a pair, and the woodied ones rock. Get larry to knock up some, throw in a recable and BOOM! wonder cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #943 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, Woodies, I was lucky enought to be sent a pair, and the woodied ones rock. Get larry to knock up some, throw in a recable and BOOM! wonder cans
smily_headphones1.gif

For more than you paid for you already wonder-cans!
tongue.gif

Anyway, I've decided to give up trying to make comfort mods, because all of the mods I've done so far are nowhere near as comfortable as the stock comfies
tongue.gif

But I will still replace the plastic mesh with metal. Just one question: How do you stick the cup back together once you've opened it and completed the mod?

Jan 23, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #944 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, I've decided to give up trying to make comfort mods, because all of the mods I've done so far are nowhere near as comfortable as the stock comfies
tongue.gif

Have you tried the bowls? I've tried the comfies, 414s & comfy/414 combo. The bowls are the best. On me, and my ears aren't super small, they are circumaural. I love them.

Jan 23, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #945 of 3,117
I've not tried any others, but the bowls are very comfy.

I can't comment on value for the woodie/recable as mine were remarkably cost free, but they do sound marvellous. I'd imagine they sound pretty good stock.

I often wondered about a carbon fiber housing.. nice and light, but not so sure on the whole resonance thing.. hmm perhaps one day i might look into it further

Users who are viewing this thread

Back