Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jan 9, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #826 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by SickMouthy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Surely, as pretty much all Grados work on the same physics regarding driver housing and chamber and grills and stuff, they'd all leak pretty much exactly the same amount?

I would think so. My SR225 used to sound like little speakers to everyone else when I had them on, but my MS-1s don't seem to leak as much.

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #827 of 3,117
@b0ol, that's great news. Now you can start the agonizing wait...

...again
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #828 of 3,117
i use my ms1s at work alot. i must say its great. though personally i dont think my portable rig is doing them justice so i need an amp for it lol. my ms1s sound better with my xtrememusic.

Jan 9, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #829 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@b0ol, that's great news. Now you can start the agonizing wait...

...again
biggrin.gif

hehe lol, just wanted to tell ya whats going on, but then i read the "... again
biggrin.gif
"
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #830 of 3,117
dang i am glad i got my ms1 at the time that i did because it was one of my first online purchases and being 100 dollars it was sort of a risky/awkward experience. i probably woulda freaked out after 8 days. i was already freaking out over 4 days and i got it on the 6th lol.

Jan 10, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #831 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hehe lol, just wanted to tell ya whats going on, but then i read the "... again
biggrin.gif
"
wink.gif

I am very happy to hear that your phones have been located and that they are again on their way to you.

As a true Alessandro fan, I was getting a little nervous hearing what was happening!!

Glad to hear that all is finally back on track.

Jan 10, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #832 of 3,117
First, I got mine! Unfortunately I haven't been able to audition them for more than 5 min. but they sound great so far!

Just wondering what the consensus on pads is? Keep the comfies or get some bowls? I have some 414s for my Porta Pros I could try also. I assume anything other than the comfies would give me more sound stage?

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #833 of 3,117
i dont find bowls a necessary thing. though i think the 414 may be a better route to go. i did... i felt compelled to buy the 414 pads LOL and i think you may as well.

man i just plugged my ms1s into my sound card from my zune and dang i must say the zune does the ms1s injustice unamped. the zune is dark and warm and just does not have that airy brightness that brings to life the music lol

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #834 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont find bowls a necessary thing. though i think the 414 may be a better route to go. i did... i felt compelled to buy the 414 pads LOL and i think you may as well.

man i just plugged my ms1s into my sound card from my zune and dang i must say the zune does the ms1s injustice unamped. the zune is dark and warm and just does not have that airy brightness that brings to life the music lol

i think any dap can easily drive these amazing beasts........i prefer it over my unamped 580.......they are so good i'm not quite sure of using them everday, iwant to take care of these so bad.

btw how much did u pay for 414 pads???

thnx

Jan 10, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #835 of 3,117
I just purchased another set of comfy pads to quarter mod. I love the way the comfies feel but I've heard the hd414s are comfortable as well. How do quarter modded comfies compare to modded hd414 pads and where is the best place to purchase the hd414 pads?

Jan 10, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #836 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am very happy to hear that your phones have been located and that they are again on their way to you.

As a true Alessandro fan, I was getting a little nervous hearing what was happening!!

Glad to hear that all is finally back on track.

that does not mean they're gonna finally arrive here:/

Jan 10, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #837 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just purchased another set of comfy pads to quarter mod. I love the way the comfies feel but I've heard the hd414s are comfortable as well. How do quarter modded comfies compare to modded hd414 pads and where is the best place to purchase the hd414 pads?

My take on this Grado pad case is this. Quarter modding opens up the sound nicely and really clears the highs. The sound is pretty much the same with comfies and 414's when quarter modded. The difference is in the fit. IMHO the comfies are better suited if you have bigger ears like I do. The 414's just don't cover my ears like I want them to and thye just aren't as comfortable as comfies. However, if you don't have that big ears, the 414's seem to be very comfie and they aren't as hot on the ears as comfies. But for me it's quarter modded comfies FTW
rs1smile.gif

EDIT @b0ol, Don't worry mate, they really can't mess it up TWICE.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back