Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jan 8, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #811 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it wasnt that long of a wait now was it?

Yup, I ordered them on the 18th of last month, they said the headphones were on backorder and they weren't expecting a shipment for another ~2 weeks, which was around New Year's. So the wait wasn't that bad, since I wasn't really expecting them before this week.

They sound awesome (replacing my broken AKG K26Ps).
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #812 of 3,117
hey everybody, this is my first post and since this thread convinced me to order the MS-1's I decided to post here.

All I can say is thank you. These headphones are incredible!!! I just got them 3 hours ago and I haven't taken them off since, the reproduction of guitar is amazing with these phones, better then my home theater, the Grateful Dead's Box of Rain is incredible, I heard voices I didn't even know were on the track and that song is the first song I ever heard, and the guitar on Zeppelin's Babe I'm gonna Leave You is incredibly lifelike. And on vinyl these are heaven, I've never heard cLOUDEAD sound so good in my life. Thanks everyone for the recomendation.

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #813 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSomeone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, I ordered them on the 18th of last month, they said the headphones were on backorder and they weren't expecting a shipment for another ~2 weeks, which was around New Year's. So the wait wasn't that bad, since I wasn't really expecting them before this week.

They sound awesome (replacing my broken AKG K26Ps).
smily_headphones1.gif

thats awesome. i must say that i am very pleased with mine as well and the sound only gets better as time turns... i use them for nearly everything and probably get more use than anything.

Jan 9, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #816 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn... Everyones received them except for me
frown.gif

You should consider chasing this up with the Postal service. I had experience before with international parcel getting stuck with customs/airport and this could spell lengthy delays. Have you called Alessandro regarding your orders?

Jan 9, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #817 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should consider chasing this up with the Postal service. I had experience before with international parcel getting stuck with customs/airport and this could spell lengthy delays. Have you called Alessandro regarding your orders?

Edit: $147NZD came out of my account yesterday! So now it should only be, say, a week at max till I get my MS1's at last!!!!!! W000TAGE!!!!!!!!!

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #819 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
efn is right check ur customs, anyway i got mine today.(ordered 12/30/06)
try to email them to determine when was it shipped and ask them if they can track it for you.

Dont worry! All sorted. The money came out. How long do they normally take to arrive? I'm in New Zealand (4 hours below Australia, for those of you who don't know)

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #820 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont worry! All sorted. The money came out. How long do they normally take to arrive? I'm in New Zealand (4 hours below Australia, for those of you who don't know)

i have no idea, check some sites for international shipping.
it should be there though within this week or early next week.
good luck

Jan 9, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #821 of 3,117
Still going through this thread but I have a good feeling about the MS-1's. Do you all think they would be a nice addition to my DT770/80's? I'm trying to find a moderately cheap open alternative to those. I realized that the k81djs were not for me (trying to sell), nor are IEM's. I know it sounds strange but I'd rather have open phones at work. What do you experienced MS-1 users think?

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #822 of 3,117
I'm not sure if I've heard anyone being dissapointed by the MS-1's for as long as I've been here so I really don't think you can go wrong with these. Especially if you want something a bit different from those DT770's of yours
smily_headphones1.gif

One thing tho. These really are open and therefore they leak A LOT. So if I were you, I might not want to use them at work if you have co-workers close by
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #823 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaques /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if I've heard anyone being dissapointed by the MS-1's for as long as I've been here so I really don't think you can go wrong with these. Especially if you want something a bit different from those DT770's of yours
smily_headphones1.gif

One thing tho. These really are open and therefore they leak A LOT. So if I were you, I might not want to use them at work if you have co-workers close by
rolleyes.gif

They don't seem to leak as bad as I thought they would, at least not nearly as much as my old SR225. They still do leak though, and if you work in a cubicle environment they might not be the best choice. Plus if there's much noise at all around you during the day it'll hurt the listening experience
frown.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #824 of 3,117
Surely, as pretty much all Grados work on the same physics regarding driver housing and chamber and grills and stuff, they'd all leak pretty much exactly the same amount?

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #825 of 3,117
something new from me:
i wrote alessandro an extra email telling them my ms1s still didn't arrive.
asked them to find out where they are (in the whole, big world) and got no answer til now. i just sent it 5 days ago.
a phonecall would be waaaay too expensive, unfortunately...
also my english isn't that good
biggrin.gif

edit:
OH MY ****ING GOD! i just got a response from alessandro!!

Quote:

Your package just arrived back here. I can not read the label to know why it was sent back. Do you want us to resend them? if so give my you address again so that I can make sure it is correct.

they also attached an image of my package
smily_headphones1.gif

dude, awesome, it still lives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back