Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Feb 9, 2007 at 11:47 AM Post #1,021 of 3,117
They really do look comfortable at that! A lot of work and a lot of fun obviously went into producing that pair! Great job!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #1,022 of 3,117
They sure do look nice. However the driver cover is a concern. They also look a bit on the hot side.

Unless I missed it, you haven't tried the bowls yet. You may be missing out on something you really like. I love them. Comfortable, clean and already quartered.

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #1,023 of 3,117
Thanks for all the nice comments
smily_headphones1.gif

The only driver cover is a very thin layer of stretchey fabric. There are no comfies or anything involved, so theres no foam covering. I could cut a hole in the fabric maybe... I might try it and see if it improves sound. Yeah they do heat up the ears a bit, but its still comfortable.

Mmm... I've been looking at buying bowls for a while now... Problem is they're around $35NZD, or $23USD, (If I get them locally) which to me seems alot for bits of foam.... I could get a good CD for that much!

Feb 16, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #1,027 of 3,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just bought the headfive from a fellow headfi member

i cannot wait! also.... WHY IS IT BECOMING EASIER TO SPEND MONEY ON HEADPHONES??!!
frown.gif

Yeah; it is, isn't it?
frown.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 17, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #1,028 of 3,117
Quote:

i just bought the headfive from a fellow headfi member

i cannot wait! also.... WHY IS IT BECOMING EASIER TO SPEND MONEY ON HEADPHONES??!!
frown.gif

I know it is a problem... I can now justify spending $300 on a DAC...

Feb 17, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #1,031 of 3,117
Quote:

[IMGhttp://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2097/ampnphonesxn3.jpg[/IMG]
well here are the bad boys

Holy crapsticks! How can you have the volume that high? Highest listenable for me is 10 O'clock. You got a really weak source or something?

Feb 18, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #1,032 of 3,117
heh for me thats the low spectrum... maybe i have it connected wrong??????
cause when i got it the knob was down but when i plugged it in and all of that... it was screaming loud music so i put it like that and it was listenable

Feb 19, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #1,034 of 3,117
quarter mod was a very subtle difference for me and i could only hear the difference in paddings after long experience with my headphones

anyways this guy on another forum got me mad lol. he said when he called grado support to order a headphone the guy said that the ms1 was an overpriced rebadged sr60
mad.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #1,035 of 3,117
Quote:

quarter mod was a very subtle difference for me and i could only hear the difference in paddings after long experience with my headphones

anyways this guy on another forum got me mad lol. he said when he called grado support to order a headphone the guy said that the ms1 was an overpriced rebadged sr60
mad.gif

I think that guy from grado had a bad day...anyway I hope so. Actually it doesn't matter 'cause my MS-1 sounds better than my 125 does!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back