Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB!
Oct 3, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #211 of 220
  Really tempted to buy a pair of the new MS Pro - e. Does anyone know how these compare to the current RS1/RS2? I have heard the RS1i at a local hifi fair (powered by a Graham Slee diamond amplifier) and they were absolutely stellar. I wonder if the Ms Pro-e would be comparable.

The new mspro is rather like the new rs1e's sound, warm, bassy and in some ways, muffled. The last generation's mspro to me is much better. I've spend AU$1200 for a new old stock mspro 'i', to me, this is a 'heart over head' purchase.

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #212 of 220
  Really tempted to buy a pair of the new MS Pro - e. Does anyone know how these compare to the current RS1/RS2? I have heard the RS1i at a local hifi fair (powered by a Graham Slee diamond amplifier) and they were absolutely stellar. I wonder if the Ms Pro-e would be comparable.

I owned the RS2e, and heard the RS1e and mspro e, if I had to choose among these, I would go for the RS2e, I liked it a lot, I sold it just because I bought a pair of mspro i, it's less engaging than the 2e but more neutral sounding.

Feb 18, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #213 of 220
Hello there! It took me a few years to commit but...I pulled the trigger on some MS-Pro(i)'s! They are on the way! I hope they compliment my current Grados nicely. I am actually looking forward to the aforementioned neutral or “boring” sound of these. I currently have the GS2000e and the RS1i in the stable so we’ll see how they compare.

May 11, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #214 of 220
MS Pro RS1x is on the market now. Eager to read some impressions…..

Dec 13, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #215 of 220
This old thread still goin, WOW! I still have my old original MS Pro‘s modded with distancers and GS 1000 pads. Ive been using my Sennheiser / Massdrop HD6xx and the Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open cans lately. I recently picked up a new Schiit LYR+ headphone amp and thought I’d revisit the Alessandro / Grado cans. These things still hold their own, sound great and a little different with the new amp. It’s great to see Grado & Alessandro with new offerings. It’s also good to see new people getting into this hobby. I look forward to reviews on the new RS1x model.

Jan 1, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #217 of 220
I have Grado Hemps and i'm planning to get RS2x or Alessandro Music Series MS-Pro X.
Anyone has experiences all of those? I like Hemps a lot, i'm after bigger soundstage now.
Soundsignature differences between those three?

Feb 22, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #219 of 220
I ordered an Alessandro MS-2X. Previously had MS-Pro classic, the treble on that thing was nuts but I loved them while I had them. Interested to discover what the MS-2X will be like, should be a drastic departure from that old MS-Pro classic.

Mar 17, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #220 of 220
The driver is 50 mm, that's cool, maybe the lowest bass should appear, like a Denon 2000, only open? Although I had AudioTechnica with 53 mm drivers and they were brighter than old RS1. It will be interesting to hear how the new drivers have affected the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back