Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB!
Jan 22, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #166 of 220
Definitely! I have an ODAC and Fiio E5, and it plays nice, certainly better than straight from the laptop. I'm also planning to get the O2 since,AFAIK, the cheapest neutral amp. So, it well definitely pair well with the MS Pros. If I want a warmer sound, I'd use my Fiio X3. Enjoy your headphones!

Alright, thanks. Anyone know approximately how long it would take for the headphones to ship to Finland? I ordered them from alessandro-products.

Jan 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #168 of 220
  No problem. If it was shipped via USPS Priority, a week or two. It also depends on your customs. Did you pay extra for the shipping?

Yeah I did pay extra. Shipping Method: International Express Air. It said 2-5 business days but I doubt it. Could be true, we'll see.

edit: emailed alessandro asking about my order and they said it'd be on the way by tomorrow
smile.gif

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #173 of 220
Congrats and welcome to the club. I came from the 225i to the Ms-Pro and initially they didnt jump out at me, but with time you will start to appreciate the immense detail and refinement they have.  I recommend you go listen to some jazz or music with acoustic instruments and see what you think..

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #175 of 220
So how are you guys getting on with your pros?

I hate to admit this but i've been thinking about RS1's a lot recently.  Has anybody tried both and can describe the differences between them?

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #176 of 220
I have been enjoying mine lately, with the MS Ultimate mod. I seem to think I'll be enjoying this for a while. I play a variety of genres, and it handles it well. Although I can't describe it in audiophile lingo, but it has decent fluid bass and very clear treble. Sound stage is slightly increased due to the mod. I get a bit of distortion in the mids on very tingly vocal tracks, like Gregorian Chants. I have yet to do the cloth mod on the G cushions, so that might be the answer.

I bought my MS Pro together with a broken buttoned RS1 for quite a deal. I'll get the RS1 back from Grado Labs in 3-4 months (a family member will take it home for me). We'll see, I'll definitely keep the MSPro until I get an HD800 or any of that caliber. I'm not that excited with the RS1's though, I feel contended with the MSPro.

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #177 of 220
I like my Pro's. At first I wasn't so fond of them, but I guess that either I've gotten "used" to them or they've broken in. At first I didn't notice much bass for example but now it's starting to show up. I knnow they aren't bassy headphones but there's just enough and not too much of it for me now.

Feb 27, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #178 of 220
These are my first set of Hifi headphones. After getting it I have enjoyed and explored other genres of music. I mainly listen to Jazz, Classical, Ambient, Instrumental and Blues. Occasional Rock and Metal. Now, I find myself listening to some Electronic music which I really dislike before.

I don't know if it's just me but every time I listen to it, I also pay attention on the Spectrum visualizer of my foobar that I get hypnotized for a bit. lol

Feb 27, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #179 of 220
  So how are you guys getting on with your pros?

I hate to admit this but i've been thinking about RS1's a lot recently.  Has anybody tried both and can describe the differences between them?

A guy at a meet had rs1's and tried my mspro's. 6 months later, he is looking for a pair of MSPro on the FS/WTB forum. :wink:

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #180 of 220
I don't know if it's just me but every time I listen to it, I also pay attention on the Spectrum visualizer of my foobar that I get hypnotized for a bit. lol

Lol me too, it is hypnotic!

Quote:

A guy at a meet had rs1's and tried my mspro's. 6 months later, he is looking for a pair of MSPro on the FS/WTB forum. :wink:

Interesting, and not the first time i have heard that. I often wonder if the Pros are really that much better and just not as well known, or if its just me that prefers the Alessandro sound vs regular Grados.   I would love to borrow a pair of RS1 for 15mins just to know what the differences are.  Did you get a chance to try his RS1's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back