AKG new headphone K545?
Jan 15, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #904 of 1,753
  I'm having problems with my left channel too. It's a tad lower in volume than my right channel and slightly rattles when bass is called for. 
frown.gif

i haven't experienced these problems. 
Visit this site to confirm that it is the headphones and plug the headphones right into the computer.

probably is the headphones though if you are not using any computer software
http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php
my right ear hears less bass than my left. sucks for me

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #905 of 1,753
  i haven't experienced these problems. 
Visit this site to confirm that it is the headphones and plug the headphones right into the computer.

probably is the headphones though if you are not using any computer software
http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php
my right ear hears less bass than my left. sucks for me

Yea, it's the K545's. My Momentums and other headphones sound equal in both channels.

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #909 of 1,753
I know the blue looks better in real life than in pictures, at least for me anyway.

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #911 of 1,753
  Thanks for the site. Just to make sure. Can you run the bass sweep test under quality. Does the initial sweep starting around 20hz sound dead center with no left channel slight rattling for you on your k545's?

yes it sounds center, also great quality.

I am using the exact same equipment as you as well. A fiio x3 with orange k545's. I hooked it up to my pc and played it loud. and it was center

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #915 of 1,753
So I listened to a couple albums with these on Wednesday...And I thoroughly enjoyed them. On the first wear on Monday, I think, I was having problems with my glasses squishing my nose; I'm not sure what I did different, but except for squeezing the arms of my glasses a little tight, I had no where near the comfort issues I did the first day. I think you have to trust the bass seal a little bit; the seal can be felt/heard with a slight little thump given to the outside of the ear cup. The memory foam makes the seal (which can be broken a little too easy, imo); but the good news is that its not clamp or weight that makes the seal. I think I had the band too tight trying to force a seal. My advice is just give it a minute and trust the memory foam to work. 

I've had a couple busy days and have only stolen a minute to listen since then but I love the sensation of wishing I had more time to listen! I can't tell if the presentation is just different than other headhpones but I heard cymbals on one track completely different than on other headphones, almost like you could hear the movement across the cymbal rather than them just being hit. It was very interesting. These headphones really are characterized by lots of good detail and a relatively neutral presentation. 

I'm not sure yet that these really would meet my portable needs. I'll have to test more whether isolation is enough for a coffeeshop. And while they fold better than the K550, its tough to imagine a case that would work well for these. (Anyone know of one?) But even a bigger concern is how durable they are: I've done nothing too them and I'm getting a little chafing/nicks on one of the sides of the headband. But for a modestly priced closed back headphone for home use, while the wife is in bed or watching television, these are a total winner. From how easy they are to drive, how revealing they are, how comfortable they are and their basically "audiophile" sound...tough to imagine anything better.

(I was already a little nervous about static I heard on a couple songs through the left channel before reading the reports in the last couple pages; I'll be listening real closely to see if I have the problem others have heard.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back