AKG new headphone K545?
Jan 20, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #916 of 1,753
I must be having the worst of luck with the K545. Just got my replacement orange pair. When I run subbass sweeps, I hear slight rattling in the left cup during the lowest notes. Also the left cup suffers from driver flexing when I adjust the seal. 

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #917 of 1,753
Give me the URL you have been using for testing and I will see whether I have a similar issue. Also what volume level (fair warning, if its really loud I won't do the test as I won't subject my ears to that kind if stress).

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #919 of 1,753
OK listened to a music track and set the volume to louder than I find comfortable then did the bass shaker test. On my headphone I had no issues.

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #924 of 1,753

Did he say whether it was just the orange or were other colors effected? 

I think Dweaver has blue ones if I'm not mistaken...  I could be wrong.  I don't think this is linked to a specific color :p 

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #925 of 1,753
I have the blue pair. Hopefully this isn't a rampant issue. I suspect it is manufacturing defect that is pretty much immediate or will never happen. But we will see what AKG says.

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #926 of 1,753
I have the blue pair. Hopefully this isn't a rampant issue. I suspect it is manufacturing defect that is pretty much immediate or will never happen. But we will see what AKG says.

I hope it is only immediate so I can return it right away. I'm going to go to my local Best Buy and pick up a black pair and report back my findings.

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #927 of 1,753
  I hope it is only immediate so I can return it right away. I'm going to go to my local Best Buy and pick up a black pair and report back my findings.

Godspeed.

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #928 of 1,753
Just a note on the issues that some people are having.  I have the black 545s and I have not had any problems with them.  I have about 20 hours of listening and I haven't heard any unwanted noises or anything that shouldn't be there.  Hopefully AKG or the seller will rectify the situation, as it seems that it hasn't affected every pair...

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #929 of 1,753
I just blew air back at the left speaker using my mouth with the front of my face creating a seal while it was playing audio ( I know, weird ). I heard the speaker flex significantly. This was partially out of frustration; however, miraculously it doesn't flex anymore and the left channel is back in action resulting in a balanced sound. Unfortunately, during bass test sweeps, I still hear a rattle in the left channel on the lowest notes. I will still pick a black pair. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #930 of 1,753
  I just blew air back at the left speaker using my mouth with the front of my face creating a seal while it was playing audio ( I know, weird ). I heard the speaker flex significantly. This was partially out of frustration; however, miraculously it doesn't flex anymore and the left channel is back in action resulting in a balanced sound. Unfortunately, during bass test sweeps, I still hear a rattle in the left channel on the lowest notes. I will still pick a black pair. 
smily_headphones1.gif

It might be the driver they are using.  It sounds like it could be an issue similar to Focal's which caused a similar issue.  The cause was that the drivers crinkled, but never uncrinkled due to pressure.  If this is the issue, no color is safe from this sort of defect. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back